SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Strength to Stand...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

Strength to Stand...

Biology word for the day... INVERTEBRATE: “lacking a backbone.” Some invertebrates are like jellyfish with no support whatsoever. Some are like a turtle or an insect that have their support on the outside. Christians are spirit-vertebrates, meaning we have backbone and don’t have to depend on an external shell, prop, crutch, reputation, or security blanket of any kind to hold us together and protect us from getting hurt. We can make decisions, stand beside them, fail, learn from our mistakes, and move on in confidence because our support and strength (what holds us together) isn’t external, but rather internal. Jesus is the One who holds us together giving our lives structure and shape. Take away my backbone and I’m a pile of jellyfish flesh and muscle. But, with my backbone, my life has stability, order, and peace—not because of what I do or how I appear to others, rather because of WHO lives inside. —bb

What a wonderful reminder this was for me to read today. JESUS who lives inside me is all that I need and by HIS strength I stand!! No matter what the world throws our way, no matter what comes in HIM we stand!!

God bless
mary

2012/3/30 22:10Profile

Re: Strength to Stand...

I like this one as well. Strengthening thought that goes well with that song "You are my hiding Place".
- Amen & Thank GOD!

2012/3/31 1:46

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy