SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Spiritual Warfare

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re: Spiritual Warfare

Noah: I know a pastor in San Diego that might be able to connect you to some men locally that can pray with you.

Homer Allen Pastor: Community Full Gospel Church. 1727 Donax Ave. San Diego , CA 92154-1145

2012/4/4 9:20Profile

Re:

romanchog: I have contacted Jim by phone in the past. I calculated that it would cost over a thousand dollars to visit him in Iowa, plane ticket, hotel close enough to walk each morning for 5-6 days, food. I've listened to his sermon series on spiritual warfare though.

ginnyrose: thanks for that testimony. I can relate somewhat about the stronghold of that kind of slander/judging. The devil does things like that to me. Its very tiring. I pray for a day of deliverance like yours!

Lysa: I emailed you back. I'm better with audio sermons than written words but I'm open to it.

I just read an article on anti-self bondages from greatbiblestudy.com It was helpful. I need to actually believe that I am forgiven when I confess my sins. I look for a sensation of forgiveness to believe I am forgiven. feelings... I feel I have to do better in life for God to forgive me. A big problem I have is my own understanding of the scriptures. I have read the Bible many times but I use scriptures to justify things like 'believing I'm not forgiven yet' for example. gotta work work work to get forgiven... so to speak... sigh

2012/4/4 21:57

Re: Noah

Brother you say you are better with audio sermons than words. Get an audio New Testament and listen to it. There are apps available you can download of any major translation of scripture. Most of these apps are free and work in an Android or IPhone environment. Or you can purchase a digital Go Bible in the translation of your choice and listen to it.

But whatever you do. I echo Lysa's wisdom. Get the word in you. For the sword of the Spirit is the word of God that will help you defeat the evil one.

2012/4/4 22:54
FireinmyBones1

Michigan

Re:

Here's a video I recently did on spiritual warfae. I hope it can help friend. Blessings!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EnQnq3SzEEE

2012/4/4 23:07Profile

Re:

Thanks bearmaster. In fact I have the best audio Bible in existence: Alexander Scourby KJV!

No, but I do read the Bible daily. As much as I can really. Hopefully I will be doing the 3+ hours soon. The Lord only lets me read as much as I obey...

2012/4/4 23:07
Trekker

northern USA

Re: Spiritual Warfare

I don't know when people are gonna get it through their head that a Holy Spirit and an UNholy spirit cannot inhabit the same person. Search the NT and you will not find one single instance of a new Believer ever having to have a devil cast out of him after he became a Believer. You cannot be POSSESSED by both GOD and the devil at the same time. You CAN be oppressed, however. If you are POSSESSED by a devil then you are not yet in Christ.

But i was in your shoes once, where i was a babe in Christ and thought the same thing as you are now. The devil has many a trick up his sleeve: he likes to keep new Believers distracted and focused on demons rather than Christ; he gets their mind off Christ that way, and then they are off on rabbit trails.

I heard a good sermon yesterday, where it was preached that the Christian life is a gradual surrender of new areas, new territory to Christ. God will work on one area in you, then another, and so on. I have experienced this. The first thing to do is make sure you have not believed a false gospel and are truly saved. Many people today believe they are saved by praying a magic prayer, which is a false gospel. Many get saved later in spite of it. Be certain you know the TRUE Gospel.

2012/4/5 4:41Profile

Re:

twayneb: do they have a website? I would like prayer, counseling and spiritual warfare help.

I listened to Derek Prince's "How To Identify The Enemy" part 1 and 2. its amazing... when he spoke about demons of lust I got a rage of accusatory thoughts toward Derek and his person, speech, etc. He seems to know what he's talking about like Dr. Jim Logan does. They have experience in the trenches. Thanks Lysa for recommending it.

2012/4/5 21:34
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

They do not have a website that I am aware of, but Bro. Homer is a solid man of God who I have known for a while and I understand the church is good. It would be a place you could visit and plug in. There will be people there who can counsel with you and pray with you over this issue. You would probably just want to visit the church. You can search for help on-line with limited success, but I am telling you that one-on-one fellowship in a local body is what you need.

2012/4/6 8:12Profile

Re:

It would take me about 2 hours by bus to get there one way. Do you know what are their meeting times Sunday and other days?

2012/4/6 10:44
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Not sure. My guess would be 10a.m. but I do not know for certain.

2012/4/6 13:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy