· Text Sermons
    Christian Books
    Online Bibles
· Video Sermons
· Vintage Images
· Discussion Forum
· Help Support
· Contact Us

Share SI with others - Add a website link or image banner on your website or blog.

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : There Was No Pre-Tribulation Rapture! When is Jesus Coming Back?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lysa

East TN (for the time being)

There Was No Pre-Tribulation Rapture! When is Jesus Coming Back?

There Was No Pre-Tribulation Rapture! When is Jesus Coming Back?
by Skydiver626

He is very explicit in his describing of the time of events and I have never heard it quite this way before! The video is for 'after' the abomination of the desolation' has come forth and Christians find themselves still here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeFc_csTI1I&feature=g-all-u&context=G2642b0dFAAAAAAAACAA

give it a watch and see what you think... does it challenge your belief in a pre-trib rapture of the church?

And another question for those who believe in the pre-trib... after all the events that have been unfolding in the last three years, has these things shaken your belief in it?

God bless us all!!
Lisa

PS: For those who like to read, he has a book on amazon called "Changed" by Steven Straub. It's about being pre-trib believer and being changed forever.

2012/3/30 12:42Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: There Was No Pre-Tribulation Rapture! When is Jesus Coming Back?

Quote:
give it a watch and see what you think... does it challenge your belief in a pre-trib rapture of the church?

No.

Quote:

And another question for those who believe in the pre-trib... after all the events that have been unfolding in the last three years, has these things shaken your belief in it?

No.

Personally, I am not worried about it. My faith is in Christ Jesus and so, as David Wilkerson used to say, we can be "pan-trib" -- because it will all "pan out" in the end. If your faith is firm in Christ Jesus you cannot be shaken no matter how the end will come.

As I have said in the past, I am open to the possibility that there may not be a "rapture" before the period of God's wrath.

From the preponderance of the evidence, I still lean to a very distinct possibility that the Lord will gather the saints BEFORE God's wrath is poured out upon this entire world (or else, He will protect us from His own wrath since we are not appointed to it).

However, I wonder how many people are open to the possibility that there could be one.

With this, I think that it is important to know ALL possible scenarios if we feel intent on studying eschatology. Keith Green used to say that we should pray for pre-trib but prepare for post-trib. I think that this is wise. However, the only true preparation that makes any spiritual sense is to walk with God no matter what.

I just don't think that the Lord intended for believers to become distracted by trying to "figure out" just how the end will come. I knew a guy who passed away last year who spent his life trying to figure it all out. He went from pre-trib to post-trib and then back to pre-trib. Ultimately, it didn't really matter for him at all. He departed this world before any of it took place.

2012/3/30 15:46Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Chris wrote:
"However, the only true preparation that makes any spiritual sense is to walk with God no matter what."

I have come to this same conclusion in my study of Revelation.

My opinion is that it is westerners who hold to such a high hope of escaping severe tribulations. We live in relative security and prosperity. We can practice any religion or no religion, whatever you want with no coercion from the civil authorities. We do not want anyone to rock the boat, least of all upset it and surely God will prevent THAT from happening!

But. But what about those peoples who do suffer NOW? Those in Muslim dominated countries? Are we or they in any tribulation now? We may say 'yes' or 'no', depending on your definition of tribulation. Do they experience beheadings? (Yes.) Are they limited in their ability to buy or sell? Is a mark required to carry on business? Perhaps this is the defining point in what constitutes tribulation?

In any case, people have no control over the beast...what we do have control over is our response to it and any other evil we encounter. To this end let us be faithful, as Chris said. And it all begins in how well deal with sin and temptation in life NOW.

2012/3/30 16:56Profile
staff

hi Lysa,
Thanks for the link,I am slow on the uptake but I will watch it a couple more times.
I dont believe in imminency in the sense that Jesus could come at any time in history so I dont believe in pre trib.
However I dont believe in the postrib rapture as in Matthew it says-
Matt 24.36 "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark;
It is clear from this scripture and from the "Lot Example" that when Jesus comes the people are marrying etc the world is carrying on as normal and earth is clearly not in turmoil.
If the last 3.5yrs of Daniels Wk God pouring out his wrath then Matt 24.38 can happen after Daniels 3.5 yrs as the world is not in turmoil everything is normal.
Yours Staff

2012/3/30 18:32Profile

Re:

"Personally, I am not worried about it. My faith is in Christ Jesus and so, as David Wilkerson used to say, we can be "pan-trib" -- because it will all "pan out" in the end. If your faith is firm in Christ Jesus you cannot be shaken no matter how the end will come."

Wonderful brother, that is how I am too. Though I lean away from a pretrib rapture. Thank you for your wise words.

In Christ -jim

2012/3/30 18:36

Quote:
It is clear from this scripture and from the "Lot Example" that when Jesus comes the people are marrying etc the world is carrying on as normal and earth is clearly not in turmoil.

It depends on your definition of "normal" Here in the United States, a guy gets shot in the club and the party continues, Yes sir!

Not even a nuclear war can come between our entertainment and lust for money. No sir! Oh there will be turmoil!
we just don't care. Our lust and greed supersedes our fear.

2012/3/30 19:41

Quote:

Nope.

Nope, it has actually reinforced it!
Quote:

PS: For those who like to read, he has a book on amazon called "Changed" by Steven Straub. It's about being pre-trib believer and being changed forever.

Poor guy, now he is living without the blessed hope.

One thing is certain, is that after it happens there are going to be a bunch of people here still arguing about it!

OJ

2012/3/30 22:58
staff

Re:

Hi Ephah,
The two examples of Noah and Lot are given and clearly without doubt paint a picture of a world that is not in tribulation prior to Jesus Return.
"It was the same in the days of Lot. People were eating and drinking, buying and selling, planting and building.
There is nothing wrong with any of the activities mentioned.
What Jesus is clearly saying is the world will be going on as normal(not in tribulation)
If Jesus wanted to highlight turmoil he would have used different examples.
These Scripture are as clear an example as could be given and should not be twisted to fit a Christian theory.
Their hasnt been a time when war or murder has not existed after Cain and Abel,this will continue but that isnt what the great tribulation is about.
Their is no doubt that this is an evil generation when a guy gets shot in a club and the party continues as you say,
Yours Staff

2012/3/31 6:27Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

The Lord (the Blessed Hope) has already come to me and my hope now, is to stand before Him face to face and hear, "Well, done ...".

Has He "appeared" to you?

The only thing that matters on planet earth is the here and now.

James 1:12
12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

Pilgrim

Titus 2:11-13
For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, 12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; 13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

2012/3/31 11:33Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Ginnyrose,
I agree with your points on,a walk with God,christians are in tribulation in Muslim countries and perhaps it is westerners that have a high hope of avoiding revelation.
However we are not talking about tribulation but the Great Tribulation and on whether Jesus returns before or after it.It is what scripture says about this that is deciding factor not whether westerners desire to escape tribulation more than other christians.Whether westerners want to escape tribulation has no effect on whether it is pre or post.Their will always be tribulation which may include killings and inability to buy and sell but these are not the Great Tribulation.We dont need to have a definition on what tribulation is but we do need to define the difference between tribulation and the Great Tribulation.
Jesus doesnt return before or after tribulation but before or after the Great Tribulation.
Yours Staff

2012/3/31 17:59Profile

©2002-2014 SermonIndex.net Audio Sermons | Google+
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival. | Privacy Policy