SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Are we responsible for this generation?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
mtembezi

Nairobi, Kenya

Are we responsible for this generation?

Hi,
There is something I've been praying about, perhaps someone can help. Are we responsible for winning the lost of our generation?
In other words, would my disobedience cause one to perish, because he didn't hear, or I didn't live right?
If you have Scripture that would give me light or a sermon related I would be grateful. I am trying to understand Romans 10 and Ezekiel 3.
God bless

2005/2/1 10:41Profile

Re: Are we responsible for this generation?

I've heard it said many times: "this generation of Christians is responsible for this generation of lost people". I believe it. We are responsible to deliver the message of the gospel but we are not responsible for others to recieve it. We are called to be faithful, not successful. Jesus will not say to anyone on that day "well done my good and successful servant". We are responsible to warn sinners to turn away from sin and towards God.

Col 1:28 "Him we preach, [b]warning every man [/b] and teaching [b]every man[/b] in all wisdom, that we may present [b]every man perfect[/b] in Christ Jesus."

2005/2/1 10:52
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Quote:
There is something I've been praying about, perhaps someone can help. Are we responsible for winning the lost of our generation? In other words, would my disobedience cause one to perish, because he didn't hear, or I didn't live right?

Our resposibility is to be obedient to our call and warn sinners to flee the wrath to come. It is our duty to declare the gospel to sinners, thereby being cleared of the blood of sinners as Paul spoke of;

Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I [am] pure from the blood of all [men]. For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God. (Acts 20:26-27)

Paul didn't win every soul he preached to but he was innocent of their blood. Those who are faithful will have their reward, even though they may not have always been successful.

I believe the duty is more than just issuing a verbal warning however, the manifestation of the life of Christ in Paul gave that warning its power. God forbid that you or I should be the very hinderance to those around us coming to the knowledge of Jesus Christ because of the contradiction of our words and our lives.

In Christ,

Ron

2005/2/1 12:51Profile

Re:

Even tho God was speaking to Ezekiel, He was also speaking to anyone He has entrusted with His Word and knowledge of Him. Here is what He told Ezekiel... and these Words thunder from the past until now... So my answer is a strong "YES! We dare not be silent, God will hold us accountable for this generation if we do nothing!"

Krispy

Ezekiel 3:18-21
[i]"When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; [b]but his blood will I require at thine hand.[/b] Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul. Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumblingblock before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; [b]but his blood will I require at thine hand.[/b] Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul."[/i]

Fear the Lord.

2005/2/1 13:24
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

To some extent...but not entirely.

I think this lesson does require some balance. Your responsibility is to the Lord first, then to His Church, then to “the world”. 2Timothy3:13 tells us ,“13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.”

The reason I say that your first responsibility is to the Lord is, if you are not in the Lord then your light is not shinning and your ministry is vain. Clearly as your relationship with the Lord increases and your intimate knowledge of Him increases, your responsibility increases and your accountability increases. (Luke12:48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever [b]much is given, of him shall be much required:[/b] and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.)

Your own life in Jesus Christ is a Testimony in itself which people can see and they are accountable for the light which you shed even by your very deeds. Romans 1:19-25 19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. 20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that [b]they are without excuse[/b]: 21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. 24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: 25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Every Christian has a certain responsibility in Christ and a certain function, it is not good practice to look at the ministry of every saint, apostle and prophet and try to be somehow all-encompassing. It is important to find out what God wants [b]you[/b] to do for him. You must first be very clear about what God requires from you, before you can minister effectively. If, for example, the Lord has called you to “save souls” your are more responsible for saving souls than the man who has been called to minister to the saints. Likewise, the one who has been called to minister to the saints is more responsible for that than saving souls. (Mathew 25:15 And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man [b]according to his several ability;[/b] and straightway took his journey.

Romans12:4 For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: 5 So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another. 6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith; 7 Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching; 8 Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.

Ephesians4: 11 And He personally gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers, 12 for the training of the saints in the work of ministry, to build up the body of Christ, 13 [b]until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of God's Son[/b], growing into a mature man with a stature measured by Christ's fullness. 14 Then we will no longer be little children, tossed by the waves and blown around by every wind of teaching, by human cunning with cleverness in the techniques of deceit. 15 But speaking the truth in love, let us grow in every way into Him who is the head--Christ. 16 From Him the whole body, fitted and knit together by every supporting ligament, promotes the growth of the body for building up itself in love by [b]the proper working of each individual part.[/b]

I think the proper working of each individual part of the body of Christ is lacking in most churches. We Christians are not called to be bounty hunters but are definitely part of a whole, a body in which Christ has His life and expresses Himself.

The church itself needs a revival, not “the world”. If the church was functioning properly the world would not need revival. A unity of faith and knowledge of God’ Son is our first responsibility, then everything else will follow automatically.

James

2005/2/1 14:52Profile
mtembezi

Nairobi, Kenya

Are we responsible for this generation?

Thanks for your words and use of scripture, it is helping me.

Why am I asking about responsibility?
Because I am looking for a new standard.
If I am responsible for the lost, and I clearly realise that, my life will be different.

This may be a wrong reason, but it's all I have that causes me to weep. That motivates me to desire live at as high a standard of a Christian as I can. And that leads me to seek God earnestly, because I know only He can give me grace to live right that I may not shame His name, and only He can save the lost.

I can't bear the thought that there are people perishing who don't have to.

To be honest, the glorious fact that I'm forgiven and accepted by Him motivates me to serve Him but only as much as is the accepted standard of the Christian community around me.

The knowledge that over 93% of Kenyans are perishing, and that 20 tribes are as yet unreached. The fact that the same percentage of my family and neighbours and colleagues are lost.

That to me is unacceptable.
And it causes me to cry, and it causes me to pray because only God can change hearts.

And then to find out before God's throne that they all were a responsibility that I was ignorant of and didn't take time to discover it. And so because of that some soul is not in Heven with me. That's unimaginable!

2005/2/2 12:31Profile
Eternalwoman

Sweden

We are not called to save people but to witness to them.Testify what Jesus have done in us with us etc....
And they are so many ways to wintness and more then our words is ur daily life that witness,testify 2others.....you may be the only Bible people my read and by been a ligh in this dark world you will make a difference out there.
People will like 2have what u have even they may not say that 2u.....
You will make people think I need what he/she have and God will meet them!!!!!
We have responsibilty 2pray4people and ask God 4mercy and at the same time trust God and stand in the gap 4people that God puts in our heart.
Thanks thanks thanks for allowing Jesus 2use you.

2005/2/2 12:51Profile
mloaks

So. MD, USA

Re:

Nicely put.
I have been thinking about this recently, and I wonder:
If God said that some will be ever hearing but not understanding, then our witness as stated above is to His glory, even if they will not turn and be healed.
They simply cannot understand the joy we feel, especially as it pertains to suffering. People want it now, and they want to be happy at they lowest pricepoint...

2005/2/2 13:22Profile
Gideons

Virginia

Re: Brother Richard

It's nice to hear from you dear brother. The Lord is limiting my Internet time these days but I did want to add some scripture that came to mind from Ezekial 33 "7"Now, son of man, I am making you a watchman for the people of Israel. Therefore, listen to what I say and warn them for me. 8If I announce that some wicked people are sure to die and you fail to warn them about changing their ways, then they will die in their sins, but I will hold you responsible for their deaths. 9But if you warn them to repent and they don't repent, they will die in their sins, but you will not be held responsible."

I remember what Paris Reidhead said that he served as a missionary he wanted to improve on the justice of God. God is just and we're not responsible for any results. It's always God that gives the increase.

God bless you brother and I pray that you continue to walk in this brokenness.

2005/2/2 13:32Profile

Re:

Quote:
but I did want to add some scripture that came to mind from Ezekial 33 "7"Now, son of man, I am making you a watchman for the people of Israel. Therefore, listen to what I say and warn them for me. 8If I announce that some wicked people are sure to die and you fail to warn them about changing their ways, then they will die in their sins, but I will hold you responsible for their deaths. 9But if you warn them to repent and they don't repent, they will die in their sins, but you will not be held responsible."

Hmm... that sounds like the scripture I posted about 6 or 7 posts ago... :0)

Krispy

2005/2/3 15:22

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy