Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Pride and Disappointment

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
DRS

Pride and Disappointment

I can look at my self and when I seem to be doing right I feel good about my self and satisfied and even proud.Then when I yield to the flesh,I feel hurt and disappointed because I have failed.Then I try to make the flesh straighten up and do what is right and I use the Law to try and accomplish this feat.All of this is based on pride and what I feel this flesh is able to accomplish.The flesh is really deceiving me and I spend a considerable amount of my christian life trying to perform this impossible task.

Or I can turn around and look a different direction and focus my eyes on Jesus,but I want to keep a rear view mirror so I can continue to see the pride and satisfaction and hurt and disappointment this flesh offers,in the reflection in the mirror.It seems I want one eye on Jesus and one on the mirror.

Do I really want this life to be lived out this way?It doesn't have to be this way.I know that.I can keep my eyes on Jesus and as the apostle Paul say's:

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."Gal.2:20

OR: "Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:13-14

OR: "Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith." Heb.12:2

This life is lived out through the resurrected power of Christ living through us by the working of the Holy Spirit.

"For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit."Romans 8:5

So I can keep my mind and eyes on the flesh and try to shape it up with the Law,which it will never be subject to and is an enemy of God and me (this enemy within)or I can have the life that God wants for me now because I don't owe the flesh anything.

2012/3/27 15:47Profile

Re: Pride and Disappointment

That is so true.

2012/3/27 15:51

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy