SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What has the Lord been showing you...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Joyful_Heart

What has the Lord been showing you...

When I was a new Christian I was very blessed to have found Jesus in a home Bible study. The first one I had ever heard. The first songs I ever sang etc.

But one of the most exciting things was how we totally believed the Bible and we were so excited to share what the Lord had just revealed to us in His Word.

I am not sure how this will go but I thought it would be awesome if we all could share what the Lord was speaking to us in the Word in our quiet time with Him. Lifting up Jesus and edifying the body.

So, I will begin. Yesterday I was blessed by sitting in my backyard reading Hebrews and enjoying His Presence, blocking out the world. The Word was so alive.

Share a short testimony if you feel led.
May Jesus be lifted up and we encourage each other onward.

2012/3/27 11:33Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re: What has the Lord been showing you...

In Hebrews there was so much. But this really sticks out at me.

Hebrews 3:12 Take care, brothers, lest there be in any of you with an evil, unbelieving heart, leading you to fall away from the living God.

To believe God sometimes is so hard but then again, who else can I believe & trust more than the Creator of the universe, the lover of my soul to orchestrate my surrendered life but Him. He is worthy, worthy, worthy to be believed & trusted. And how He was amazed a couple times in the Bible, once at their unbelief and another at their faith. And how he calls unbelief - as having an evil heart.

Then I will have peace & joy knowing He is my personal Savior. The Holy Spirit showed me how it warms the Lord's heart when we believe Him and trust Him. He only has my good in mind.

Hebrews 3:13 But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called "today," that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.

And this verse on how we are to encourage each other daily in love.

So, my prayer for myself is I believe but help in any area where my faith is lacking Lord. And use me in anyway to encourage others and myself into a closer more surrendered
relationship with You. Amen

2012/3/27 11:46Profile
gators52

Central Florida

Re:

JH, thank you for that testimony. The Lord has led me to always know that His word is my shoreline. Many have strayed from the faith due to the fact that they strayed from His word. He honors His word above His name... Many times I have experienced God in many many ways but He always leads me back to His word. Deception comes from those who are led away and inticed by their experiences and not testing the spirit of the experience. Not sure if this makes sense. Thanks again for the sweet spirit.

2012/3/27 14:16Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Mark 6:6a - "And he marveled because of their unbelief."

We discussed this on phone prayer last night, and this morning the LORD has brought it forth once again as I was reading a wonderful little book that I got at the used store yesterday - "That Ye May Know" by Guy Wilson, 1954

On phone prayer, we also spoke of going through the fire, and here is a quote from the first chapter which I read this morning:

"Faith was cast into the crucible, and came out refined."

Oh, how He loves us! - He loves us enough to bear watching us wiggle and squirm as the dross is burned away, bringing is ever closer unto perfect faith - a faith that can withstand all of the wiles of the devil.

2012/3/27 14:23Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Amen HeartSong.

I was not on your prayer call that night but the Holy Spirit spoke this the morning before your call. All glory to God!
I praise God how He speaks to His children and confirms. He is so amazing. I love it when He speaks to us like this.

Missed my time alone with Him yesterday as He had answered a prayer and orchestrated provision & details as it was too big for me. And He did such a perfect job. I could not have orchestrated it better. So, wonderful to let go and put things in the Lord's hands and watch Him and allow Him to be the wonderful Heavenly Father He so longs to be. Help me to stay out of Your way Lord.

Today the Holy Spirit ministered to me through David Wilkerson's message of "Listening To God". Not to be so busy asking & interceding etc. but to be still and know He is God, to ask Him what He has for me today, is there anything You want to change in me. And then to ask for ears to hear and a heart to receive. And be quiet and wait upon Him.

Praising You for who You are Lord.

2012/3/29 11:53Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re: What has the Lord been showing you...

Come and hear, all you who fear God, and I will tell what he has done for my soul.
I cried to him with my mouth, and high praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished iniquity in my heart, the Lord would not have listened.
But truly God has listened; he has attended to the voice of my prayer.
Blessed be God, because he has not rejected my prayer or removed his steadfast love from me!
~ Psalms 66.16-20

He led me to this today and I needed it! Praise His Holy Name!

God bless,
Lisa

2012/3/29 13:26Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good.

Yesterday I got to be still in the back yard with beautiful weather in the morning with my Bible and oh, how precious is that time.

The Lord took me back to the Gospel of John and I was only in two chapters but it was so, so rich. I love it when I can dwell on a special Scripture the Holy Spirit is speaking to me.

Yesterday it was John 14 & 15. Jesus speaks so much, red letters, in these chapters. He talked about Us in Him and Him in us. Abiding in the Vine. I love to dwell on abiding in Him. He the vine, me the branch & thinking of bearing good fruit.

He says when I abide in Him I will bring forth much fruit & I will be His disciple. And when I ask of Him, He will give it.

That I should bear much fruit and I can only do that as I abide, sit at His feet and learn from Him. Listen & obey. Only with His help can I do this.

Glory to God!

2012/3/31 10:30Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy