SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Any idea's of the future effects of the modern gospel?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
pilgrim777

Re:

theEphah, I agree with what you say, except I think Isaiah is speaking prophetically about about Jerusalem above and not below. But, that is just me and I won't argue about it.

Pilgrim

2012/3/26 0:12Profile
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

Re: Any idea's of the future effects of the modern gospel?

My advice is to follow Jesus and You will not go wrong.
The Lord said my sheep know my voice.

There is a lot of clutter and many follow the wrong voice in this hour. The reason for this is that people are lazy. They don't study or pray and fasting... well lets just say these three are almost a lost art.

These people are lulled to sleep believing "every day is a Friday". Not much more I can say there.

I like to think every day is a new day by the Grace and mercy of God. I will make myself busy doing the masters work, witnessing with the word of my testimony and the blood of the lamb.

We have the Bible and the Holy Spirit who will guide and teach us of all things.

God Bless,
Sonsigns

2012/3/26 0:51Profile
brothagary

Re:

jim i herd ravenhill say we need more hell fire preachers

2012/3/26 4:18Profile
jimp

Re:

hi. len was a loving ,kind,wise,articulate man that did preach hell hot and wonderful,awsome God. He did not blast other people to us but blasted us instead.He preached that God is able to keep you away from sin... i remember him saying that the bible says IF you sin you have an advocate not when you sin.len preached Jesus and a thrice holy God and a man in need of everything he can get from God.he thought that technics were an abomination and that the sad story is that you are going to spend an eternity in hell with out hope if you do not come to Jesus.he preached all this with a tear in his eye for he loved men and women more than he love mammon.jimp

2012/3/26 5:54Profile
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
He has provided everything you need for zoe(______ )life

Jimp, I appreciate your post and certainly won’t be “jumping” on it. But I am making one wee adjustment, if you don’t mind. You’ll see that I deleted your word “eternal” – because it's not in the text. The idea is that he has given us everything to live effectively in THIS life now. And that includes the ability to view our world through the lens of God’s magnificent promises. In these dark days it is surely vital that we cling to that provision in Christ. It’s provided for our own wellbeing and for our witness to the world. If we have a gloomy outlook, we will become unhealthy spiritually, emotionally, relationally, and it can affect us physically. It affects our countenance. Also, why would anyone want our God when he can’t do better for us ourselves. We would not wish to reject God’s provision of hope – because surely that is sin.

Please keep in mind that I am preaching to myself. I would likely get the prize here for negativity. It comes naturally to me. I can sink very fast. That’s why I’ve been thinking about this for a long time.

Here’s a new thought that came to me: Perhaps a dark outlook is an indication that we are not looking towards our Lord, but merely looking into the mirror. We are seeing a reflection of our own weak faith; or we are seeing ourselves in our present setting. Or maybe we are seeing ourselves through the lens of the media – which most of us watch every day. Maybe we are seeing ourselves through the lens of our agnostic society. Maybe we see ourselves and fellow humanity looming larger than our God – and that’s why we get so overwhelmed by sins of the world. They terrify us and reduce us to passive despondency. And with a small view of God, we cling to our sin-reduction strategies that depend more on human effort than God’s transformative power.

What is God doing among his people today – even in our own English speaking western world? Oh! May God open our eyes to see it better and to benefit from it. Surely it would not please God if we only look at the bad stuff and neglect to honor him by receiving blessing from the good he is doing among so many faithful and hardworking believers today.

May God do for us what he did for Hagar in opening her eyes to see the bountiful spring of water nearby.

Diane

2012/3/26 8:50Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

repentance is turning your life over to Jesus as your Lord and Master and presenting yourself as a living dead person(sacrifice) to Him.

People here talk about Presenting as dead even having any clue what it means. Let me explain what Dead is fist-

A dead man will never get angry when any one rebukes him no matter how bad you rebuke at him. Jesus lived like that and that is why he said any word spoken against me will be forgiven. A dead man will never have pride no matter how much you appreciate him. There was no trace of Pride in Jesus. A dead man will never turn and lust against a women no matter how immodestly she dressed. In short a man dead to this world will absolutely have no dealing with the world, like how a dead member in a family has no part to play in a family. I can keep adding to the qualities of a dead man. All these are true and you can test any of these qualities by going to a funeral!

Jesus said if anyone is desiring to follow me you should deny yourself and take up YOUR cross.
Matthew 16-24:-
Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it"

So taking up the cross is to deny our life in this world and to consider dead to our will and do the will of God. Jesus did not say just take up the cross one day. No he said daily you need to carry your cross. Which means everyday I have to die to my will and do the will of God. So anyone who says it is a one time death is a false teacher. There is no one time death, it is to die every day.

All the promises of Eternal security are valid only when we are dead. When you get angry at a fellow brother just because he posted a scripture that proves you wrong then how can you say you are dead? When you lust and commit sin then how can you say you are dead? When you divorce your wife when God says I hate divorce then how are you dead?
Repent from these and live as a dead man like how Jesus did. Then claim the promises they are all true.

In my own walk with Jesus I find many of my actions are not like a dead man. But as soon as I know them I repent and confess to father in Jesus name and he forgives me (this is Repentance). But I have this hope that I will continue walking and God will give me grace to be dead to this world.

2012/3/26 11:31Profile

Re:

Quote:
When you get angry at a fellow brother just because he posted a scripture that proves you wrong then how can you say you are dead? When you lust and commit sin then how can you say you are dead? When you divorce your wife when God says I hate divorce then how are you dead?
Repent from these and live as a dead man like how Jesus did

Your commandments make me wiser than my enemies, because your commandments are always with me. Psalm 119:98
Your testimony is sure, making the simple wise. Psalm 19:7

great post!!

2012/3/26 12:39

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy