SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Here Comes Peter Cottontail, again!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
pilgrim777

Re: Here Comes Peter Cottontail, again!

For some reason milk chocolate gives me headaches, but dark chocolate does not. In case anyone invites me over, just wanted you to know.

Pilgrim

2012/3/26 13:01Profile

'They say', that dark chocolate is good for you, in moderation of course.

2012/3/26 20:51
pilgrim777

Re:

oh yes, moderation. Too much of a good thing... you know.

:-)

2012/3/26 22:33Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Easter egg hunts are fun for the children!

Get wrapped candy and hide it outside among the trees, shrubs, grass...After they find them all, will give them to their moms to hide again. It is a game, like "I spy" except it is played outdoors with wrapped candy on the day when the family gets together for fellowship...

Had no clue anyone would have objected to this game until I became an adult! SIGH

2012/3/26 22:47Profile

Re:

Some folks get the 'picture' of Jesus being sacrificed as the Passover Lamb and after reading how He fulfilled every sacrificial law and procedure in the law for the attonement and what that great price was that He paid - that's all they can see when talking about these things.

My question is - what do we do with genuinely Jewish people once they get saved ... do we make them stop observing the Passover that they see as The Last Supper now?

If someone among us listens to Messianic music and tells us so - do we cringe?

Do we respect them if they are repulsed by rabbits and eggs because they know the origin of Easter that's in the OP?

Just wondering where everybody stands if we had Jewish believers in our midst.

2012/3/26 23:13
pilgrim777

Re:

I have a friend that confessed to me recently that he spent so many years trying to be spiritual, that he forgot he was human and neglected that part of himself. I am not talking about fleshly. I am talking about being human. He projected this persona towards others and consequently no one thought he ever needed anything. As it turns out, he was very spiritual, but very lonely, too.

Being spiritual, is being human and vulnerable and honest. There is a freedom in being in this place.

When we stop being human, we stop being able to communicate with our fellow man, saved or unsaved.

Pilgrim

2012/3/26 23:53Profile

Re:

Pilgrim, is this in reply to my question?

2012/3/27 0:33

I've been reading a lot on another site and waiting for your answer Pilgrim, because I didn't want to judge your answer. It has nothing to do with my questions so I thought I'd ask first.

Anyhow, back to Jewish folk that become believers in salvation through Christ... like the "beloved physician, Luke" that wrote the book of Acts as well.

What would he think if he saw that what he had written ["Passover"] in Acts 12:4 was changed, close to 300 yrs later to some pagan goddesses' name?

Would he be "over spiritual" or "not being human" if he was bothered by that?

Considering the book of Acts and what "acts" went on during that time period - I'd say that Paul would be none-to-happy about this whole deal. I seriously doubt that Paul would be participating, because Paul gave Luke a good portion of that recorded bit of first Church history as they hung out together.
The first Church was Jewish and when Jesus returns, we see in Zech 12-14 that He reinstates the Feast of Tabernacles.

We're grafted into "their" tree - the "natural and good olive tree" and we were taken from the "wild tree".
Christianity is very Jewish. Our Messiah is the King of Israel. The Son of David. The Root of Jesse. The Lion of Judah.
etc.

Does this help to make my question any clearer?

2012/3/27 2:09

Re:

Quote:
I have a friend that confessed to me recently that he spent so many years trying to be spiritual, that he forgot he was human and neglected that part of himself. I am not talking about fleshly. I am talking about being human. He projected this persona towards others and consequently no one thought he ever needed anything. As it turns out, he was very spiritual, but very lonely, too.

Being spiritual, is being human and vulnerable and honest. There is a freedom in being in this place.

When we stop being human, we stop being able to communicate with our fellow man, saved or unsaved.

Pilgrim

Brother, this is sooo true! I fell prey to this as well. I finally woke up to that fact after my heart attack. It's been a slow process "deprogramming" myself, but I have backed away from a lot of things that most people would consider to be very spiritual activities and such. Why? I was burned out! Frankly, much of it was being done in my own strength.

I enjoy simplier stuff now. Sure, I love to come here and discuss with everyone, but this is a very small miniscule part of who I am. I love to evangelize and minister to others... but I also found that I need to do some things for me, and take time for me. Be who God created me to be. We put so much pressure on ourselves, and so does the church and other believers.

There is a lot of unwarrented pressure in the Christian life to be this and do that... but the gospel is simple. "Come, all who are burdened and heavy labored, and I will give you rest... for my yoke is easy and my burden is light!" Praise God!

Where's the "rest"? Find it.

Krispy

2012/3/27 5:51
pilgrim777

Re:

Quote:
Pilgrim, is this in reply to my question?

No, just a thought that came to me in reading this thread and so many other threads.

2012/3/27 8:26Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy