SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Here Comes Peter Cottontail, again!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
Praise Yahweh, it's very encouraging to see Sermon Index reject these pagan practices. These man made holy days are unholy, idolatary, godworship.

You can't reverence Yahweh and Baal. Sooner or later you'll need to pick one. No you can't participate at all! even if you think it's just for fun. It's godworship period.

While I too agree with most of what is being said on this post, I must say theEphah that I am glad I believe in the true gospel... the one of grace and forgiveness and freedom... and not the false gospel of works and law that you push.

Krispy

2012/3/26 5:41
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I concur with Krispy on this, Easter to me personally is a continuation of remembering Christ Jesus. To each his own, I enjoy the odd traditions of easter and have formed my own all-Christ centered. I use easter as a time to teach my kiddos what Christ did for us. If you don't that's fine, but just because I hide eggs doesn't make me a heathen or less of a Christian. I'm not worshiping a pagan god, I'm having fun with my kids and making memories with them and God's grace alots me that.

2012/3/26 7:01Profile

Re:

It's the same tired old discussion that gets pulled out at Christmas time like that box a stale smelling ornaments you pull out of the back of your attic or basement every December.

It is what you make it. If you cant participate without feeling guilty then dont do it. Neither side has any business judgeing the other over it or insisting others follow your rules that you have set for yourself.

ho hum...

Krispy

2012/3/26 7:15
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
KrispyKrittr....It's the same tired old discussion that gets pulled out at Christmas time like that box a stale smelling ornaments you pull out of the back of your attic or basement every December.

Yes Brother, that good old condemnation some Brothers and Sisters put us under, got to Love it. Can we go ahead and talk about Christmas now, and get that forthcoming thread out of the way. How do you make some Christians understand that their love feels like hate, their sorrow feels like self-righteousness? The Bible is the truth... truth that guide and sustain us even to this day. But, it also contains many outdated laws that do nothing but bind us into slavery in our modern age, and lead us away from perfection.

The person with a critical spirit usually dwells on the negative, seeks for flaws rather than good. They’re a complainer, usually always upset, and generally have a problem or a complaint about something. They often have little control over their tongue, their temper, and have tendencies for gossip and slander, which Paul said were sins “worthy of death” (Rom. 1:29-32).

2012/3/26 10:22Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Quote:
Can we go ahead and talk about Christmas now,

Why don't we go ahead and throw on Valentines, Halloween and hey why not throw on Cinco De Mayo for good measure ;)

2012/3/26 11:02Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

I personally like the chocolate easter eggs filled with peanut butter. Not to good on the waist line though, but tasty!

2012/3/26 11:12Profile

Re: Here Comes Peter Cottontail, again!

Brother Krispy, you only read theEphah's post and now you've gone and pulled these guys into this-here discussion and have taken away from what was being said, Because you guys Did Not read all of the posts.
Ya'll had to turn this thread that was intended to make Peace between both sides and turned it ugly again and into a slam-fest by Assuming it was what you thought it said.

I know you all didn't read all of the posts and that just plum t'ain't proper-like.

No eggs fer y'all this year! And Christmas 'was' discussed so nothing under your tree neither. Just t'ain't derservin' now.

2012/3/26 11:24

Re:

It's not necessarily what theEphah said on this thread... my response is in the overall context of the false gospel of works that this person promotes on SI all the time.

So no, not going to retract what I said. I did read the thread in it's entirety, and based on everything else that theEphah has had to say on SI it does deserve being called out. It's like dealing with a Mormon... what they say sounds ok, but if you understand where they are coming from you understand what they are really saying. And what theEphah said on this particular thread is consistant with everything else they have said.

And I am going to call it out publicly everytime I see it. I wasnt rude and I did not so-called "slam" the person. I simply said I am glad I do not subscribe to their false works salvation doctrine.

That type of wicked teaching should be challenged. Not just so that theEphah can come to a true understanding of the gospel, but so that his poison does not bring confusion into the hearts and minds of believers and those who are being drawn.

Krispy

2012/3/26 11:40
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
Jesus-is-GOD
Brother Krispy, you only read theEphah's post and now you've gone and pulled these guys into this-here discussion and have taken away from what was being said, Because you guys Did Not read all of the posts.
Ya'll had to turn this thread that was intended to make Peace between both sides and turned it ugly again and into a slam-fest by Assuming it was what you thought it said.

Hey for the record, I am not upset at anyone, I can only speak for my post, but I was just being logical. I think Jesus was the most logical person that ever walked the face of this earth. Most importantly, because you don't know most of us personally "like me" it's impossible to derive the nature of a lot of what is being said. I guess if you really wanted to get a feel for me personally, I am Krispy Jr. :)

2012/3/26 11:51Profile

Here Comes Peter Cottontail, again!

Well, OK then.

Here, I got sumthin fer y'all ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXiMwpRLHkg&feature=related

- but, in reading theEphah's post, ROMANS 14 always comes to mind and I wonder when we'll ever memorize that one and I also liked what Brother Hulsey said about keeping the peace by just not replying.

Back to my Recipe gathering from that site I posted on pg 1.

GOOD day all!!

2012/3/26 12:34

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy