SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Where do YOU think (opinion) Judas Iscariot went?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Where do YOU think (opinion) Judas Iscariot went?

I was in devotionals Sunday morning, before assembly, and I was reading the latter chapters of Matthew, 24 on, and God was speaking to me, and I began to ponder and reflect on where Judas Iscariot went to after he hung himself.

Where do you think he went?

(ps...I asked quite a few people in my home church, now I'm asking those in my cyber church....cmon Mikey B, and Greg...

2005/1/31 16:59
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re: Where do YOU think (opinion) Judas Iscariot went?

Are you asking Heaven or Hell? If so then its definatly Hell...

2005/1/31 17:08Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Judas was the son of perdition that Jesus spoke of and for Him there is no fogiveness, so he goes to Hell.

2005/1/31 17:12Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born. (Matthew 26:24)

If you are asking whether Judas is in heaven or hell then you have to consider that if Judas is in heaven then what Jesus said above is false. The Bible does say that Judas "repented himself" in Matthew 27:3, but the Greek word used there for 'repented' has the meaning of being sorry afterwards. But mere sorrow means nothing unless it leads to a change in ones mind and life. It doesn't seem this change occured;

And they prayed, and said, Thou, Lord, which knowest the hearts of all [men], shew whether of these two thou hast chosen, That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place. (Acts 1:24-25)

It appears Judas has suffered the fate that all unrepentent sinners suffer, eternal punishment. Unless ye repent ye shall likewise perish...sobering thought, for unsaved and saved alike.

In Christ,

Ron

2005/1/31 17:23Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

[b]While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled. (Joh 17:12 KJV)[/b] The words 'loss' and 'perdition' here have the same root. He is lost.

Judas is the only devil possessed man in recorded history. The scriptures often speak of 'demon-possession' (or demonised) but of Judas it is recorded [b]And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly. (Joh 13:27 KJV)[/b]

[b]That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place. (Act 1:25 KJV)[/b] 'his own place' can surely only mean the place to which he was absolutely suited. This is the only man in history of whom we may say this. We do not know what moments of repentance there may have been for Hitler or Stalin, but of Judas there is no possible alternative. At this moment in time he is the only man of whom we may,assuredely, say 'he is utterly and finally lost'.

2005/1/31 19:04Profile
Ethan

Dubai

Re:

Quote:
This is the only man in history of whom we may say this. We do not know what moments of repentance there may have been for Hitler or Stalin.

So true. There used to be a man in southern India who was a driver and highly influential man supplying women to politicians and big shots. He kidnaps college girls and forced them in prostitution and if they refuse burn them in front of the crowd. There is no law for him. All the police were like puppets to him. Finally one of the courageous police officer nabbed him with enough evidence and put him behind bars. They unearthed more than 100’s of bodies behind his house. It was like a hobby for him killing people. People prayed for him to die, cursed him out rightly when he was in prison. People sent petitions to government to kill him. Government passed sentence to death. Before a week he was to be hanged, couple of local believers, who were doing prison ministry met him gave him the gospel. Before the day to his death, he took baptism. Amazing testimony of God’s goodness. After his death, his wife read out his last letter in her testimony she gave in a church. In that he mentioned to his wife ,”Jesus is the only person you can trust”. By the way for you info this man used to be an idol worshipper before coming into the grace.

God bless.

2005/1/31 23:57Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Think the Ron's and others have it here Neil.

Taking off on Shankar's thoughts it has occurred to me before, what might our reaction be to seeing a Saddam or a Stalin or a Hitler truly repent...

Would it bring indignation ala Jonah?
Or tears of wonder at such forgiveness that God through our Lord, offers to ALL?

2005/2/1 0:18Profile

Re:

I always struggle slightly when I think of Judas as I think that there needed to be someone to betray Jesus in order for the scriptures to be fulfilled and for Jesus to carry out his purpose. Having said that I do trust that God would never let anyone go to hell unless there was absolutely no chance of repentance in their heart so I just decide to believe that this must have been the case with Judas and that his heart was so completely beyond repentance that there was no hope for him. Although he hung himself because he was sorry. Or was he just sorry for himself rather than for what he had done to Jesus. I find this whole subject quite confusing. Not that I don't trust God but if I think about it too much then confusing questiones come to mind so I guess in some ways I am better off just not thinking about it at all.

2005/2/1 4:27
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
I always struggle slightly when I think of Judas as I think that there needed to be someone to betray Jesus in order for the scriptures to be fulfilled and for Jesus to carry out his purpose.

"God's foreknowledge sees everything and forces nothing. It leaves the liberty of the human will untouched. Whatever is foretold by God will be done by man; but nothing will be done by man because it is foretold by God." Christopher Wordsworth

2005/2/1 5:34Profile

Re:

'God's foreknowledge sees everything and forces nothing. It leaves the liberty of the human will untouched. Whatever is foretold by God will be done by man; but nothing will be done by man because it is foretold by God." Christopher Wordsworth'

That is a great quote. I guess all my questioning will always come back to the fact that God never interferes with free will. Thanks for that.
:-)

2005/2/1 5:58

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy