SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Today

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

Today

Today.

Jesus' followers were to look on the calendar, and if it said "today," then they were to celebrate it as special, and they were to mark that celebration with a few simple "observances."

They were to commemorate every "today" by a simple, childlike dependence and trust on their Father: "Give us today our daily bread" (Matthew 6:11).

They were to observe every "today" by a quiet, peaceful focus on the priorities of the current moment: "I tell you not to worry about everyday life…Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and He will give you everything you need. So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today" (Matthew 6:25, 33-34).

They were to celebrate every "today" by a decision to live for Jesus' satisfaction rather than their own: "If anyone would come after Me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow Me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for Me will save it" (Luke 9:23-24).

For the followers of Jesus, every day was a celebration of life under God's loving care. Each day was a "special day"!

"Each day was a "special day"! Realizing that Today and each Today is a time of drawing near to HIM, of seeking to serve HIM, of extending the hand of love to other believers, of encouraging, and admonishing one another in HIM!! Today is filled with so many possibilities just waiting for me with JESUS as my LORD guiding my steps..."today" is very special because HE has given it to me.LET JESUS BE my FOCUS TODAY! LET JESUS NAME BE LIFTED UP TODAY...and every TODAY from now on!!!

God Bless
mary

2012/3/17 9:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy