SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Texas ‘One State Under God’ cross license plates available

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Texas ‘One State Under God’ cross license plates available

http://blog.chron.com/believeitornot/2012/03/texas-one-state-under-god-cross-license-plates-available/

2012/3/16 21:26Profile

Re: Texas ‘One State Under God’ cross license plates available

God Bless TEXAS!

Krispy

2012/3/17 5:47
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Here in Florida we can choose "In God We Trust."

We do and we did.

2012/3/17 8:50Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

This is just meaningless religiosity. Isn't it? Substitute a life in which should be a testimony of God vs. making a big deal out of a slogan? Really?

2012/3/17 8:57Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by DEADn on 2012/3/17 2:57:43

This is just meaningless religiosity. Isn't it? Substitute a life in which should be a testimony of God vs. making a big deal out of a slogan? Really?

I don't know that it is meaningless religiosity. I think for some it probably is but then for some others they are thankful to be able to openly display their love for the LORD. I know some share in this way with the thought that perhaps if someone might read it, it may get them thinking or asking questions. I don't think it has to be one or the other...for many such as white stone, I am sure her life as well as her license plate reflects her love of the LORD :)

Anyway for me personally I am really seeking the LORD and not trying to be so quick to judge others motives when it come to things like this.

Just my thoughts
God bless
mary

2012/3/17 9:24Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
DEADn...This is just meaningless religiosity. Isn't it? Substitute a life in which should be a testimony of God vs. making a big deal out of a slogan? Really?

Meaningless? You know what got my life pointed in the right direction? I was at a stop light one day, and I saw a bumper sticker on the car in front of me it said "God Listens", so anything with "GOD" on it would not be meaningless to me.

Deadn, I really wished you could/would elaborate on your opinion a little, because I am just at a total loss at your response.

2012/3/17 11:07Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Dear MaryJane,

Your response touched me deeply. Thank you for your kindness,

Or, rather, thank you for being a vehicle for Jesus to live out his life within.

white stone

2012/3/17 14:43Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

mrBillPro

I read your words and that slapped my face hard. I took several steps back and asked myself what reasons did I make my post and not explain myself.

My reason for it was because of the fight Christians have with keeping God's name in the government arena by pushing forth something like this. Then as I thought about this I thought, well, this is really a stupid post that I just did because I should not be fighting such a thing.

I am sorry for my initial post and I believe I wrote it in an emotion rush to judgment because of the religiosity of it when in fact all it is doing is lifting up God in the end.

Please accept my apology for the post..

2012/3/18 16:08Profile
Compton

Re:

DEADn, your reflection and retraction is both instructive to us, and a credit to our forum. I am not commenting on your reason, as I have myself been on both sides of this particular issue. I am commending you for seeing a bigger issue at stake; esteeming one another in Christ. Thank you:)

"Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others" Philippians 2

MC

2012/3/18 20:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy