SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Richard Wurmbrand (founder Voice of the Martyrs)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rocklife

usa

Richard Wurmbrand (founder Voice of the Martyrs)

Thank you for the wonderful videos you have on sermonindex.net from Richard Wurmbrand, I have just recently read his testimony of 14 years of torture while imprisoned under Communist rule in the 60s in Rumania from The Voice of the Martyrs free offer for Tortured for Christ. After reading his experience with God while in prison, with testimony from atheist doctors saying the One they don't believe in kept him alive as the medical books say he should have been dead, this godly man and his testimony is such an inspiration. I am still very young in the faith, and I am enjoying learning so much all the time, especially from those humble and poor and so dependent on the Father, Creator God of all things. If you can get more articles written by him, that would be great. Thanks again for the videos you have featured here, they are also so encouraging to keep in the faith and that God cares and is with us especially in suffering and hardship. I encourage all to read and help support the Voice of the Martyrs, founded by this godly man helping those persecuted around the world in different ways, and encouraging us as well with fellowship and sharing with our Christian brothers and sisters' sufferings.

2005/1/29 22:53Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re: Richard Wurmbrand (founder Voice of the Martyrs)

Quote:
Thank you for the wonderful videos you have on sermonindex.net from Richard Wurmbrand

Yes, indeed. I am very blessed and touched by the testemony of Richard Wurmbrand and all the christians who suffered in communism. I am coming from former communist country (and I study also in former communist country), I havent lived in those times but sometimes I can still smell the aroma of the communism. The impact was deep even today in the minds of old generations. People were awfully tortured in their minds that God doesn't exist, here is the famous statement by Karl Marx "religion is the opium of the masses", churches in large numbers were closed...and many other things that are described in this
highly recommended book "Tortured for Christ" - I think they are sending the book for free [url=http://www.persecution.com]www.persecution.com[/url]

After I read the book discovered that there are videos by this brother on SI - here is the link [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=50]Richard Wurmbrand[/url]

In Christ,
Kire

2005/2/4 20:22Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Just came to my mind what Wurmbrand wrote about the church in those days. He said that there were no lukewarm christians in that time, you must be hot or you simply can not be disciple, because if you want to be follower of Jesus it is crystal clear to you that this will cost your life, you have signed death to the earthly pleasures. You know that Jesus is all for you and everything else even your life here on earth can't be compared with the glory that is coming.
Isn't that what bible teach us?

And we are still asking why are so many lukewarm christians today...isn't because we are not obeying the words of the Master?

"If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple."
"And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple."

It's time to start putting this on practise.
Lord help us.

2005/2/4 20:40Profile
moreofHim

Re:

Quote:
And we are still asking why are so many lukewarm christians today...isn't because we are not obeying the words of the Master?

Quote:
It's time to start putting this on practise.

Amen, Bro. Kire

In Him, Chanin

2005/2/4 21:41Profile
rocklife

usa

Re:

Yes, it's hard to be lukewarm when you know for sure knowing the true God will cost you your house and possessions the first time you are arrested for evangelism, which many were at the time. For us all, materialism's stronghold needs to be dealt with. At the extreme of christianity under communism which seems very similar to the first century church, we can learn many valuable lessons. I am very encouraged by reading Wurmbrand's insights about underground christian work and suffering. I believe suffering is one of God's tools to purify us, and knowing other christians have gone through similar is very strengthening.

"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. NOt only so, but we also rejoice in our [b]sufferings[/b], because we know that suffering produces perserverance; perserverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." Romans 5:1-5

2005/2/9 20:54Profile
garysims

Brasov, Romania

Re: Romania

Hi guys,

I just wanted to pop in and say that I am currently living in Romania. A lot of what you say is true about materalism and the scars of communism... but be of good cheer there are still those today in Romania who have a passion for Jesus, his truth and his saving power.

I mix everyday with the unsung heros of faith, those who didn't suffer to the same degree as Richard Wumbrand, but none the less suffered.

The battle here today is different than it was during communisim, but there is still a battle.

Richard Wumbrand has left a great legacy in Romania... Only last week we were stocking a small library for our local church and his books (in Romanian of course) were high on the list.

Thanks and blessing,

Gary

2005/2/10 4:28Profile
rocklife

usa

Re:

I just read the Warning thread, and saw that I have posted this in the wrong place. Please forgive me, sermonindex and community.

This should have been placed under "other speakers" I think. Sorry about that. Peace in our Lord Jesus Christ.

2005/2/15 21:13Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy