SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Love growing cold

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
dkr777

Love growing cold

I am writing this somewhat anonymously, but the Lord know who I am.

Basically I am writing about my spiritual relationship with the Lord and some sin I have been dealing with for a long time and how it as affected me personally. I am asking for your prayers.

My wife has called me a hypocrite and rightfully so. I can't seem to keep a consistent walk with the Lord.

First, please don't end up arguing over this thread as it happens at times on this forum. I know we don't attend the same local church, but we are a part of the body of Christ.

My love for God and others has grown cold. I pass by people knowing they are going to hell, but don't really care anymore. My thoughts are... "why bother saying anything, it's their choice".

I need a spiritual kick in the pants or something else. I read God's word daily and have been praying, but I'm just not connecting. I have repented of some major sins and walking free from addictions and other issues, but I just seem "indifferent" that "whatever" spirit that permeates this culture and in the church.

I attend a large church that many of you would most likely lable not vert "meaty" but very seeker friendly with alot of the worldly frills that attract very young Christians.

I guess I am asking (if somebody has been in my place before), how can I draw close to God again, and find His will and get Hot for Jesus and God?? What book, sermon, prayer, is there?? or is it just time? and fervent calling out to the Lord for his freedom and power to come to my life? maybe I'm too impatient.

I want to be that Child of God who is in love with Jesus and not afraid to talk to everybody who passes by about the Lord or pass out a track or something... and to express love to the Lord and to others and my family.

Thanks for reading and listening to this.

dkr777

2012/3/15 17:34Profile
dkr777

Re: Love growing cold

I was reading Matthew 7:21 Matthew 7:21

King James Version (KJV)

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

What is the "will of my Father which is in heaven?" I'm not sure if this is related to my situation and my fear of living in this station right now.

thanks, dkr777

2012/3/15 17:52Profile

Re:

Quote:

I attend a large church that many of you would most likely lable not vert "meaty" but very seeker friendly with alot of the worldly frills that attract very young Christians.

I'm not going to give all the answers that you need, because I don't know enough about your situation to even think that I have all of the answers - but where you are attending fellowship will water down anyone's walk.

I can testify of the maximum benefit of being in a fellowship/church that is on fire, in the Right way.
There's such an 'influence' that is Biblically positive in a good church that makes one feel 'new' just after one or two visits to one.

Definitely, Where we fellowship has more of a profound affect or impact upon our spirits than we realize - until we've left the compromising one and find a true 'Biblically' zealous congregation.

All of His very Best that He offers, to you and yours.

2012/3/15 20:25
dkr777

Re:

How does one find the right church then in my situation?

thanks, dkr777

2012/3/16 8:00Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

dkr777

my initial suggestion is to find a small group within the church to get involved in. Usually getting to know some individuals who are hungry on a personl level will help you on a personal level vs. just 'being' in church. You may find it like a powered battery jumping off a weak battery to get its power flowing.

2012/3/16 8:15Profile

Re:

""How does one find the right church then in my situation?""

I can sympathize with anyone trying to find a fellowship these days. I know it's hard. I've gone more yrs OOC than in, because I lived in a northern spiritually-chilly State for 20 yrs.
Then moving to the Bible belt - it took yrs before He was able to direct me where He wanted me.
Now I'm back up in another northern State where I've finally realized that - GOD leads to places that we never thought we'd go. It's not so much a matter of finding or looking for a church that we'll agree with 100% - but where He wants us. It could be a fundamentalist Baptist or Reformed Church or some independent group that operate in the gifts more than even 1Corth 14 permits. GOD has a Wonderful sense of humor as He leads us through all of these bodies of believers that we've privately differed with - but the main thing that has been a common thread in all the churches or fellowships that He's led my friends and I to, is a sincere reverence for His Word and outreach ministries within these places.
My friends and I come from basically an AoG background, but none of us are in a AoG church now. Just wherever He's led us to be - where there's 'sincere' leadership that hold His Word above their own.
I don't believe that we all need to agree on every point - but as long as the leadership is sincere, and do sincerely reverence His Word above their own words and carry the church to a burden for the lost - they're O.K. with us and we're accepted by them. So, if you find a group with 'serious-sincere-Word-exalting' leadership - forget what denomination it is - as long as they're born-again.
Don't know if this helps, but we'll all add our prayers to yours that you'll find where He wants you and yours.
GOD Bless you and your family in all ways.

2012/3/16 12:58
Sree

Quote:

I have repented of some major sins and walking free from addictions and other issues, but I just seem "indifferent" that "whatever" spirit that permeates this culture and in the church.

I feel you have not actually repented. If you have repented you won't we walking free of these sins by your own effort but by the power of God. True Repentance is not just to turn away from sins but turn towards God and to fall at his feet. The Pharisees put the stores down after knowing that they are sinners (John 8:9) but they did not fall on the feet of Jesus instead they thought that scriptures will give them strength to live a holy life and walked in their own way. So it is not repentance at all.

I am not talking about you attitude, I believe you have the right attitude not to sin any more which most of the people who feel sorry do not have, but what you are missing is to seek his strength instead of trusting your abilities.

I have been in your place as well in my life, and based on my experience you COULD be missing the following,
1. Lack of brokenness and trust in your own strength to live sinless life.
2. Unbelief that you are not forgiven for your past sinful life. Take it serious, unbelief is the greatest tool of Satan.
3. unconfessed sins that you still are not ready to leave because you think they are not serious compared to the sins that you call MAJOR.

If you have done all the about mentioned points then I assure in Jesus name that you will be restored to the kind of Relationship with God that you are seeking.

2012/3/16 14:25Profile
jenny1234

Re:

Quote What is the "will of my Father which is in heaven?" I'm not sure if this is related to my situation and my fear of living in this station right now

1 Peter 1:16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matthew 16:24Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me

LORDS PRAYER. Forgive us are trespasses, as we forgive those that trespasses amongst us.

The will of our father in heaven, we have to forgive everone who has sinned against us.

Matthew 5:25 Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.

2012/3/18 17:30Profile
jenny1234

Re:

TO dkr777.Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.1 Peter 1:16

In order to become righteousness, we have to know what it is.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Righteousness?s=t

2012/3/18 18:33Profile
jenny1234

Re:

TO dkr777

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9

2012/3/18 19:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy