SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Abandoned by God?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
robertsj

Abandoned by God?

I think or at least feel in part that I have been
abandoned by God. I feel that I have brass heaven over my
head and iron under my feet. I ask Him to examine my heart
and to know my ways in hopes that He will show me sin(s)
that might be hindering my pray’s and hope that He will
intervene in my situation. I’m about to give up on praying.

I can’t help but examine myself to see if I am in the
faith and even saved. I figure if I am in favor with God,
then maybe He would intervene in my life and provide my
basics needs(This maybe the last month I have a home and
soon will be living in my car. Every job I apply for I get
turned down - including janitorial jobs). I’m thinking God
may not intervene due to all the sins in my life. I’ve
come to the point where I even think I might have
blasphemed the Holy Spirit and thus the reason why God
seems to be billions of miles from me.

I know that I am being selfish here and I know that I am
not trusting 100% in God. Folks, I don’t know where to go
and I don’t know how to pray. I can’t go to a church in my
neck of the woods and get prayers because most of them may
not be Christian. Maybe someone here can direct me or at
least call out to God on my part.

Thank you.

2012/3/14 14:27Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Abandoned by God?

My dear friend,

2 things come to mind when I read your post.

1) "I can’t go to a church in my neck of the woods and get prayers because most of them may not be Christian. " when I read this my thought for you was you are definetly in need of prayer of even the weakest believer who has access with God and peace with the Lord. We must be so careful of a heart that judges others such a heart God is opposed to. "That is why Scripture says:

“God opposes the proud
but shows favor to the humble.” - James 4:5

2) You have not commited the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit if you still love God and are calling out to Him for help. This is a lie of the devil to tell you this if your heart is repentent and seeking God as you are. But my thought for you was the Lord is allowing these circumstances to simply have you stop thinking about it and worry and just sit there before Him and GIVE UP. You must simply TRUST HIM, put your faith in JESUS CHRIST, simply cry out to Him for help. He will help you. Your circumstances could change in 1 hour for the better and God will do this once you just GIVE UP and let Him do it. He loves you and you are His redeemed child, look to Him alone.

We will pray for you but you necessary do not need the prayers of the saints but just the one: Jesus Christ who is interceding for us. Look away from your efforts, being better then other christians and simply look to Christ as a needy sinner, he will restore you to His first love.

Jesus, Thy blood and righteousness
My beauty are, my glorious dress;
’Midst flaming worlds, in these arrayed,
With joy shall I lift up my head.

Bold shall I stand in Thy great day;
For who aught to my charge shall lay?
Fully absolved through these I am
From sin and fear, from guilt and shame.

-Count Zizendorf

2012/3/14 14:52Profile

Friend, at times life seems completely hopeless in our eyes. We tend to think we're being punished for our numerous sins. We have done these things to ourselves.

Now here is your solution, When you pray, Pray to YAHWEH, call him by his name. It means self existance. One who creates something out of nothing. He is not a god. Lucifer is a god and so is her little demonic buddies. That's where the term godworship came from.

Secondly, don't go straight to the Creator, go through his Son first, (you know, the one who died for us?) his name is Yahshua Messiah, our King and High Priest. He is our mediator, acknowledge him by taking your prayers to him first, then ask Him to send you prayers to Yahweh on your behalf. In your prayer, ask for forgiveness from breaking his laws and commandments, this shows total submission and humility, then ask him to deliver you from this sin sick world.

End your prayer with Hallelu-Yahweh or Praise Yahweh. Whatever you do, don't ever end your prayer with the word amen. Never!

Please Note: The word lord is a title and was meant for men, don't use it. I know the Christians are going to cry foul, that's ok, don't let that deter you. If they were doing the right thing, we wouldn't be in this mess we're in to begin with.

2012/3/14 15:45
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

robertsj,

Please disregard theEphah. Adding a heavy yolk is not of the Lord. Horrible witness and council theEphah...

Praying for you robertsj. Praying that the Lord reveals Himself to you. Brother Greg (Sermonindex) gave some wise council.

Blessings!

2012/3/14 15:57Profile

Re:

robertsj,

Do not let any religious people put a yoke on you. I am surprised the mods even let these people on the forum since the apostles commanded that their mouths be shut. You are actually in a better place then them because you still have hope where they are most likely handed over to judicial blindness like the pharisees and are awaiting damnation without hope.

Praying for you friend. I once was in a similar place as you and God delivered me from sins power on my life through faith in Jesus. Look to Jesus and live do not try and start pretending to keep the law of moses like some do. A bruised reed he will not break and a smoking flax he will not snuff out the scripture says. He resists the proud and the religious pharisee but he gives grace to the humble. Look to Jesus - He is the way the truth and the life. Praying for you.

Jim

2012/3/14 16:23
Leeza

Discouragement is a powerful emotion, and sometimes depression so clouds our thinking, our judgement can become distorted. I have been there.
The faithfulness of God is never changing, His mercies are from everlasting to everlasting.
When we can't hear Him, or sense His presence, we despair and our minds cloud with doubts. I can tell you that those times in my life have been, in hindsight, proven to be the times He was working something in me that produced the most significant fruit. We are His workmanship. Do not despair, He who has begun a good work in you, HE is able to complete it.
But you are in the midst of the trial now, and you need to know what to do now. Once, when I was crying out in despair for one of my dear ones, when all hope seemed gone, I remember grasping just one statement, it was the only thing my muddle burdened heart could contain in that moment.
"God is good."
Do not be afraid. He is good, and He is faithful.

2012/3/14 16:32Profile

Re:

Well, I warned you the Christians are going to come out of the woodworks didn't I? They never have a solution only accusations. Stay strong.

2012/3/14 16:39
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Solution = Jesus.

Yolk = Bondage.

Blessings Robert. You are on a website forum that will fight against false teachings and such, i.e. theEphah...

2012/3/14 16:41Profile

Re:

"They never have a solution only accusations. "

I guess for 'theEphah' Jesus is not the solution. Although this is obvious from all of his posts here I am glad he came out and said it plainly.

Jim

2012/3/14 16:47
Leeza

Re:

Robert, I will call out to God on your behalf.

2012/3/14 17:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy