SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Our desire to see God our way

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
kgar

Our desire to see God our way

I wonder if we always went to scripture and were totally and unwaveringly willing t lay down anything, ANYTHING, according to God's ways.

I read so many responses and hear so many people give their take on God's word. 'God couldn't possibly mean this or that.' 'God would never want me to give this good thing or good person up.' 'God really meant that I can keep doing this or that because he said 'remain as you were called.''

Well, if you were called while in sin, guess what-God wants you out of that sin. No "if's, and's or but's." It is so apparent that even in most churches, the leaders accommodate the masses' itching ears and we sit lapping it all up.

If we don't live by the truth that God undeniably means exactly what He says, we are living a lie.

2012/3/13 15:47Profile

Re: Our desire to see God our way

Welcome!

Krispy

2012/3/13 16:01
MaryJane

Welcome Kgar

I have to say after reading your post I have thought the same things about my own walk over and over again. How many times do I say things like, "Oh Lord I am not fully sure I know what you mean in the Word," just so I can go on in my own way? Very thought provoking first post and very worth while!

God Bless
mj

2012/3/13 16:06Profile
Sree

This is something that I have been showed in recent times. There are just 2 Gospels in Christendom today,
1. Fake Gospel in which God is serving man based on what ever man wants the scripture to mean.
2. Real Gospel in which God has called man to serve him in the way he wants to be served as explained in the scripture.

When Galileo told that earth is not the center many opposed him and put him to death. But when truth about Sun being center was proved many stood corrected for their mistakes and all their calculations became perfect. Same with Today's Christianity were many Churches preach Gospels in which man is centered and God is going around serving them. Once the center changes to God their life will be corrected like those calculations. Till then they will be living a lie.

2012/3/13 16:25Profile
Elibeth

kagar,

I appreciate your post.

I do believe this is so true.

elizabeth

2012/3/13 16:52Profile

"Sin Is the Transgression of the Law"

This is what our Creator said. Christianity says No! surely that's not what it means. If this verse was written in the old testaments, Christians would reject it immediately. But it's in the so called new testament, so we look the other way like it doesn't even exist.

Behold, a day is coming that will burn like an oven. Malachi 4:1

The sooner we can come to terms with what our Creator instructs us to do, the better!!

2012/3/13 16:55

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy