SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics :  The Story of "the Good Homosexual"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Old Joe said "Ms Jens was a neighbour to Becky. Like the Samaritan who didn't preach the gospel to the man in the ditch, but gave the best he could for temporal relief, so Ms Jens gave the best she knew to give as well. It did not save Becky eternally, but it could be used to keep her alive until that day would come. Then maybe she could lead her own parents to salvation."

Thank you, very much, for bringing light and your insight to this discussion.

WS

2012/3/10 10:51Profile

Re:

An Angel of light 'minister' [Strong's - "minister" = diakonos - Probably from διάκω diakō (obsolete, to run on errands; compare G1377); an attendant, that is, (generally) a waiter (at table or in other menial duties)] - gives counsel that is anti-Biblical.

Jesus, in this parable - "Luk 10:37 Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise."

Again - I read things through the eyes of young people or the young in Christ. Always do.

I was studying to be in the "mental health" [now called "mental hygiene" (sound familiar?)] profession - until a few years after I was saved and was shown how non-Biblical and actually anti-Biblical this field of so-called "medicine" is.

Jesus would never say - "Go and do likewise" to this analogy of the parable that Jesus gave.

If Scriptural purity is not our aim and protecting the vulnerble from dangerous anti-Biblical forms of counsel and "therapy" and we can't see these "attendents" as coming from the angel of "light" - then I do fear for the vulnerable here.

2012/3/10 11:41

Re:

Quote:
God is not bound by our dogmas and will utilize a Rahab or a Ms Jens and possibly even you or I, if we have mercy and compassion.

Amen!

A lot of temporal good is done by those who do not know God. I would be more concerned about that which is supposed to pass as good from those who pose as knowers of God, than I would be from someone that knows not God.

The first is a masquerade, the second is more genuine.

OJ

2012/3/10 12:13

Re:

As you pointed out JIG, clearly Ms Jens was not masquerading as a minister of righteousness, in sending one into the mental system, but that was the best she knew.

The masqueraders ministering righteousness, would have been the girl's parents.

OJ

2012/3/10 12:22
yuehan

Re: The Story of "the Good Homosexual"

I'm reminded of this Good Samaritan story - c.f. post by ccchhhrrriiisss:

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=13551&forum=35&7

2012/3/10 14:10Profile

Re:

Didn't want to ignore your post OJ.

Rahab and the Samaritan did GOD's divine will.

The OP stresses "psychology" from start to finish.

At any "mental health" clinic - what do you suppose that they'd prescribe for this girl for her 'depression and suicidal ideations'?
Besides the "blame game" they call "therapy", the chances are very high they'd prescribe the very drugs who's side affect can be "suicidal ideations".

The parable of the good Samaritan, as it's called - are the very Words of GOD Himself. To tamper with it in such a humanistic way, I'd say is dangerous. WE don't make parables about GOD's parables and lose His meaning in our attempts to be more compassionate than GOD is.

One thing Watchman Nee did teach, was to read things and bring out every nuance the author is laying on the table for us to examine and then multiply it by 100.
I'm sure that's not going to be understood right here and now on this thread - but if a teen reads the OP - what message are they getting?

Anti-Christian - secular humanism - psychology under the guise of a comparative analysis of GOD's Words.

Ann

2012/3/10 14:12

Re:

Quote:
The parable of the good Samaritan, as it's called - are the very Words of GOD Himself. To tamper with it in such a humanistic way, I'd say is dangerous. WE don't make parables about GOD's parables and lose His meaning in our attempts to be more compassionate than GOD is.

Psychology can do some good, the problem with it is that it cannot do good ENOUGH. So this teacher did the girl some good, did she do good ENOUGH? The answer is obviously a resounding no!!

But is the same with those who profess to be 'Christians' who proclaim that they do good or are good or are righteous, but don't realize that they don't do good ENOUGH. All of this is to reveal an inward lack that can only be filled by an outward supply through grace.

Ultimately, there is none that doeth good, no not one! All human good is only considered good in a relative sense at best. The good that you proclaim to do is no more good in an absolute sense tha the good that Ms Jens purposed to do.

OJ

2012/3/10 14:39

Re:

So, what you are saying is that - There is no such thing as praying for GOD to show us what His perfect will 'is' and Him answering by showing us what He would have us to do.

2012/3/10 14:46

Re:

Actually what I am saying is that even the absolute best you can do is still tainted by your own sin, and not good enough to be considered absolute good. Can you discern God's will perfectly and then execute it perfectly, and then go the rest of your days with perfect thoughts of such execution, while taking no thought to self? The answer to that should be a resounding no for anyone who searches their own heart.

OJ

2012/3/10 17:03
roadsign

Re:

We do need to be careful that we don’t ditch the intent of Jesus’ parable, and likewise my story here. Do you think the law expert who heard Jesus’ parable went off to evaluate it with his buddy - saying something like this:

“Can you believe what Jesus told me to do! Jesus told me to be like a Samaritan! Horrors! I’m supposed to take beat-up people to an inn! Can you believe it! What - with the condition of inns these days! Why - they are dens of iniquity! That’s were prostitutes hang out. And do you know what? Inns are run by drunk innkeepers! I remember 35 years ago stopping in an inn and I saw one for myself. …

Meanwhile he and his buddy didn’t even notice that as they chatted they walked right past 7 beat up men in the ditch.

Diane

2012/3/10 17:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy