SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Coming out of brokenness

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
moreofHim

Coming out of brokenness

You all please excuse me for talking alot today. I feel like the son is shining on my face for the first time in such a long time. Anyway... I wanted to share something that is a bit humorous- but serious all together- and is written in all honesty from my heart today on my journal:

[b]Warning:

To all those who have been asking God to break them, to devestate them, to crucify their flesh, to do whatever it takes to get them where He wants them to be

please consider the consequences very carefully!

He WILL take you at his word

and He WILL do WHATEVER it takes and it will be the things you least expect and it will rip and grind and feel horrible.

And if it hasn't felt that bad yet and you think you're broken- think again.

Only you can decide if you want to go all the way with God- to lay it all down.

I will let you know here soon, if it's worth it. I think it is but I am waiting for the dust to settle. :)

Bruised and broken, but coming around......[/b] :-)

In His love, Chanin

2005/1/28 14:03Profile
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

Re: Coming out of brokenness

[b]AMEN![/b]

2005/1/28 14:25Profile
lastblast

Michigan

Quote:
I will let you know here soon, if it's worth it. I think it is but I am waiting for the dust to settle. :)

It IS worth it Chanin, whether you see it now or "later"...........

This scripture came to mind as I was reading your post:

Rom. 8:18---For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God.............and verse 24-25: For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? But if we hope for what do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance...... Love and blessings in HIM, Cindy

2005/1/28 14:39Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
when sorrows like sea billows roll;
whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say,
It is well, it is well with my soul.

Refrain:
It is well with my soul,
it is well, it is well with my soul.

Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
let this blest assurance control,
that Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
and hath shed his own blood for my soul.
(Refrain)

My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!
(Refrain)

And, Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
the clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
the trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
even so, it is well with my soul.

2005/1/28 16:29Profile

Re:

Keep going, it is worth it. God has spent years dealing with me and turning my life around as I give myself to Him. Much of this has been very painful and I have gone through some awful things in the process. I still have a way to go but I would not wish myself back in the state that I was before and am glad that I have slowly but surely been letting God do His work in me. If you keep going towards Him He will not let you down. He who starts a work will be faithful and finish it. I have at times found the following verses very encouraging and although this was refering to a different circumstance I have found I can apply it to mine at times.

2 Samuel 22:17-20 - 'He sent from above, He took me, He drew me out of many waters.He delivered me from my strong enemy; for they were too strong for me. The confronted me in the day of my clamity, but the Lord was my support. He also brought me out into a broad place; He delivered me because He delighted in me'

2005/1/28 18:34
Spitfire

While I am posting verses from A Mighty Fortress Is Our God...Chanin, this one's for you...

That word above all earthly powers
No thanks to them (devils), abideth;
The Spirit and the gifts are ours
Thro' Him who with us sideth.
Let goods and kindred go, This mortal life also;
The body they may kill; God's truth adideth still,
His kingdom is forever

You, my Dear Sister, are going to make it. God has deemed it so and he will never fail you. Love you. Dian.

2005/1/29 7:55Profile
moreofHim

Re: brokenness again

I guess I should have titled this thread "Brokenness- again". Maybe I'll change it. :-)

Thank you guys for your comments and encouragement. I actually already went through a major brokenness period about 3 years ago, where God stripped me of everything I was used to and broke down some major strongholds in my life. It was a long year that year. Just a slow chipping away that was slow and agonizing. I had to let go of self-image issues and hidden heart idols. I had to learn to surender everything to the Lord. My family thought i was completely nutso.

So, now that it is 3 years or so down the road, I thought my biggest brokenness had come and gone and from now on it would be a little crucifying here and there, a little shaping, a little molding, a little refinery fire from time to time.

I did not expect to go through a huge brokenness period again- not like this. That's why I say in my first post "if you thought you were broken before and it doesn't feel as bad as what I've described- think again".

But actually as I was going through the first brokenness it DID feel that bad I guess. maybe what I am trying to say is that God doesn't always stop at one wrestling match like He had with Jacob, sometimes it is more like the Joseph- first He was thrown in the pit by his brothers- then he was sold into slavery- then he was thrown into prison on false charges, etc.....

I think the first brokenness that i had was the most important one. It was the one where something didn't HAPPEN to me to bring it about. I heard the Lord calling me to surrender to Him all my idols and my whole heart. I knew it was time. And i layed myself down on the altar at my own free will. Yes, i did struggle inside alot like Jacob wrestled with God, but of course I know I had no choice but to let God win.

But of course, even during this first brokenness and after, I have continually asked Him to do whatever it takes to refine me more and more. To make me "more of Him" and less of myself.

That's where you wonder, maybe i should have stopped after the first time :-) , no I am not serious, but because I am still feeling the heat, it is hard yet to say ok, this feels so worth it!

But I do have trust that it will be! Most of me knows this and totally believes this, yet a small part of me is just not there yet. Hasn't recovered yet, I guess.

Any of you who have been through brokenness before, I am just warning you that it probably wasn't the last time. :-o

But I keep this little note on my desk:

[b]When we choose the pathway of brokenness and humility we are choosing to receive NEW LIFE- His supernatural abundant life- flowing in us and through us.[/b] N.DeMoss

Amen!

In His love, Chanin

2005/1/29 14:09Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re: Jesus has a lamb

Hi Chanin,

I hope that you are liking what the pot looks like? It is good to see more of your little lamb, was wondering what happened, had thoughts about a Lars syndrome. :-(

2005/1/29 14:28Profile
moreofHim

Re:

Zeke,

:-) You know what?! I cannot tell you how many times last year that I got offended or hurt or whatever and said "well, I guess I'll just never go back on there again!" and every time the Lord said "No, you surrender yourself, walk in humility, give up the right to be right, apologize for your heart attitude, even if you think you're right" and so I did- time and time again :-)

And you know what?, I am so glad I did. It has helped me grow in "forbearance" and humility and patience- all the fruits really. I have to say it is/was the best part of SI for me.

So, no, if I leave or take a leave of absence, it is not because I was mad or offended- that is not a right reason. Yes there are different seasons and things the Lord takes us through where we must leave for awhile or for good.

I am glad to back though, for however long or frequent the Lord allows. :-)

In Him, Chanin

2005/1/29 14:45Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re: Sometimes its a mans world

Quote:

moreofHim wrote:
You know what?! I cannot tell you how many times last year that I got offended or hurt or whatever...

I did notice that in the heat of discussion and debate. The fact that people do'nt really know me on here, dulls the offence barometer, how can you get offended with someone who in many cases is ten thousand kilometers away. I know you can pick up the spirit of a person by the way they write etc. but they only exist as a cyberperson. I know this may go against the many utterances to the great fellowship we have on here, but it is only a small part of our lives. I think that is one of the things I am aware of, is that I can appear to be someone I am not, because all people have to go on is the words on their screen. I also realise that you are only as open as you want to be, which is also great.

Philos vulnerability a while back after how long of being on here is a testimony to that fact. I suppose its just that, we become vulnerable and share our hearts in the safety of this world knowing that we most probably will never look the people in the eye who we have maybe shared the most intimate of details. In saying that though, putting our theological positions out on a public forum can sometimes feel like we are taking an exam and our failures posted for the whole world to see. At times the markers can really use allot of 'red ink'.:-D

I'm rambling or should I say ambling.

Stay fixed on/to the cross
God bless you,

2005/1/29 15:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy