SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Help finding a message about Why God allows Evil suffering etc..

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
shadyg

Help finding a message about Why God allows Evil suffering etc..

I could use some help finding a message about: Why God allow evil, and bad things to happen?

I had a baby christian ask me in a very troubling way: Is God playing with us? Why do we exist? Why would God allow the rape of little children, human trafficking, child abuse, etc...?

I believe I answered his doubts in a way that encouraged and reassured his faith but I'd love to put a few messages in his hand that would better answer his doubts/questions.

I appreciated your help

2012/3/8 12:19Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re: Help finding a message about Why God allows Evil suffering etc..

Hi shadyg,

The simplest answer is that suffering and evil are a direct consequence of choices Adam made, in full light of explicit warnings, resulting in the very thing God warned of; i.e., the fall of mankind. By one man sin entered the world and death by sin. (Romans 5:12) Sinful man deserves imminent death and punishment. Anything short of that is mercy. It is because man does not understand what he/she truly deserves that he/she questions God in this way.

Apart from that, C.S. Lewis has a few books that deal with suffering. God is at work to make all things work together for good to those that are the called according to His purpose, etc. There is also an article written back during the great tsunami disaster and posted here to sermonindex. Perhaps this can help as a starting point.

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid=14837

2012/3/8 13:13Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy