SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Harold Camping repents, time will tell if it is so

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Harold Camping repents, time will tell if it is so

"THE BOARD OF FAMILY RADIO WISHES TO POST THE FOLLOWING LETTER FROM MR. CAMPING. IT WAS OUR WISH, OUT OF RESPECT FOR OUR LISTENERS, TO MAIL OUT THIS LETTER BEFORE POSTING IT TO THE WEB SITE. HOWEVER, BECAUSE IT WAS LEAKED TO THE INTERNET WITHOUT OUR AUTHORIZATION, WE HAVE MADE THE DECISION TO POST IT IMMEDIATELY TO AVOID CONFUSION. THIS LETTER WILL ALSO BE MAILED OUT TO OUR LISTENERS."

http://www.familyradio.com/announcement2.html?keepThis=true&TB2_iframe=true&height=440&width=611

All things are possible with God.

2012/3/7 13:51Profile
Svane

Re: Harold Camping repents, time will tell if it is so

After reading the announcement I was filled with joy, seeing how he was so openly admitting his mistake, instead of doing nothing because of pride. It was great to see.

One thing however - although the message certainly spread fast to the whole world (I heard it here in Norway, almost every newspaper had an article about it) and it made people think about Jesus' return, it probably did more damage than good. People might think of His return for a bit while the media is covering it, but more and more it becomes a false alarm. "He's not coming. So many have said he is, but he isnt."

We can all make mistakes about what we believe God's will is. And it's so painful to say you're wrong if you are. And this was a public matter which reached the whole world, it was certainly an important case too. But the damage has been done, and he/Family Radio deserves a lot of credit for repenting from this.

EDIT: I just noticed in the other special announcement on the site that he felt God led him to those dates. He just doesnt know the meaning of them yet. Sounds abit like the excuse the Adventists made up in the start after Jesus didn't return on the date they believed in.

That is unfortunate. Although I can understand the want to keep some of his authority, like: "I have a connection with God I just misinterpreted Him", just plainly saying "I was wrong" and holding nothing back makes it so much better.

Let's take this example and think of ourselves - would we make excuses when we're mistaken like that?

2012/3/7 15:00Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy