SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Where does the soul rest?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
neemia

North Carolina, USA

Where does the soul rest?

According to the Bible, where does the soul rest? If a person was saved, and if a person isn't saved.

I want to see your point of view.

2012/3/6 17:36Profile

Re: Where does the soul rest?

I believe completely in what Paul said in 2 Cor. 5:8 "We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord."

He also said (confirming what he said in 2 Cor) in Phil chapter 1, "I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far..."

Clearly Paul taught that when the believer dies he/she goes right into the presence of the Lord. And there they remain until resurrection day in which their bodies are resurrected from the grave glorified, at which time I believe the soul and body are reunited.

As for the unsaved, I believe they are in the grave until resurrection day in which they stand before God and are judged before all and then condemned to hell. I could be wrong about the timing of that, but it doesnt make sense for someone to die... go to hell only to be dragged out and judged on some future date and thrown back into hell. What would be the point?

But I am open to others thoughts on that.

But one thing I am absolutely convinced of and will not be moved on... Paul believed that when he died he was immediately going into the presence of the Lord.

One other thing I am convinced of absolutely and that is that there is no Purgatory. Purgatory is a blasphemous lie because it takes away from the Lord and makes your final salvation based upon your works and your suffering, and not His.

Krispy

2012/3/6 18:58
roadsign

Re:

Just a thought: I once heard it explained that in the spiritual realm time does not exist as in the natural realm. While that is hard to fathom, it should make sense. After all God created both time and space at creation. We can't fit eternal/spiritual realities into finite/temporal realities - as we know them.

I realize that such a suggestion may lead to more questions than answers. But it does remind us of our limitations in understanding matters related to life after death.

Diane

2012/3/6 20:16Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Where does the Spirit of Christ reside? Romans 8:9-10 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

My spirit is the Spirit of Christ and He is life. My spirit cannot die.

John 16:13-14 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

What will the Holy Spirit show us, the life of Christ, "receive of mine", the Holy Spirit the only One that shall shew it to us. One in the Spirit and the Holy Spirit abiding in the Father.

MY soulish part is partaker with the Holy Spirit and my soul can never die, the Holy Spirit cannot die and He is in us forever.

So we have the spirit and soul of a man purchased by God to be a son, who will never die, this is our quickening now. All that is left is our glorious new body on resurrection morning and we will be complete, with the Lord now in spirit and soul, given a new creature body like Jesus Christ.

Truly to be absent from the body is to be with the Lord and will also get a new body on resurrection day.

In Christ: Phillip

2012/3/7 2:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy