SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Disturbed by a couple of news reports

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Disturbed by a couple of news reports

This morning, while getting ready for work, I was disturbed by 2 news reports nearly back to back really caught my attention. This was around 3:30am. Both of these were on ABC news.

A reporter did a short story on some older ladies who drive around the roughest parts of New Orleans. They do it do pray over these neighborhoods and command the violence to leave. They were asked why they didn't walk the neighborhoods and one lady said that she wasn't stupid. Well, the reporter went to the church where these ladies are from and there are a small group of them doing this. The reporter than showed a map of the city and the pastor has it mapped out where the high crime areas are and the reported noted that crime as not gone down. My initial though was 'Hath God said?'.

The 2nd story took place in Indiania. Maybe you saw the story of the women taking video of the hug black funnel cloud coming down and she has her hand raised to it commanding it to go away? A reported said he went to track her down and he found her and talked to her. He mentioned that the tornado missed her house and but got her neighbors and destroyed the town. My thoughts 'Hath God said?". Then I thought, am I experience a reality case of spiritual warfare?

These 2 stories are enough to make anyone doubt yet I couldn't help but note that in both of these stories the adversary used this reported to show that God isn't all powerful for He cannot answer the prayers of his people, or at least the answers are not what we would deem victorious in the natural. Both of these stories have disturbed me all day and I just asked God what does it really mean. I got the impression that it was Satan looking to place doubt in my mind by giving me an appearance as failure. My natural man asks, why doesn't the crime go away or better yet, just begin to lesson? Why did the tornado destroy the town even after the woman prayed against it? I also felt 'Sin in lives' as well but I don't know if that is my own heart saying such a thing or if that is God.

OH, one more thing. The New Orleans story- the reporter also went on to say that as these ladies were praying in church a shooting happened just down the street and someone was killed. The adversary is roaming.

What do you folks think about these stories?

2012/3/5 16:37Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re: Disturbed by a couple of news reports

Earlier I said both reports were on ABC news. Wrong. One was with CBS news. Here is the New Orleans story. Is this just a reality check or is this the adversary?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57389767/prayin-lady-tackles-new-orleans-crime/

2012/3/5 17:04Profile

Re:

Brother I have no answer to your questions. In both news stories I am sure the women were exercising faith. At least they are to be commended for doing something. They were willing to step out if the boat and walk on the water as it were. Just because the disciples could not drive out demon that Jesus said could come out only by prayer and fasting, they did not give up. They still went on and drove out demons. Peter became so powerful in the Spirit that even his shadow could heal people.

That is the key. To not give up. We may pray healing for somebody. They are not healed. But we don't give up praying for healing. We pray for revival. We don't see it. But we don't give up. Jesus taught in Lk.18 that we should always pray and not give up. The devil would like us to give up. For our prayers do restrain the evil one. But the devil would have us become discouraged and quit praying if we see no immediate results to our prayers.

Brother I am part of a national group of intercessors who pray for the persecuted. We recently went to a nightly format through Easter. We pay and cry justice for the afflicted and the spread of the gospel. Yet persecution increases and more saints are imprisoned and martyred. The tendacy would be why bother to pray.. The devil mocked us by putting thoughts into our minds like your prayers are not effective. Who are you to think you can cry for the nations. You are nobodies. There was a time I came close to believing this and wanted to shut the con call down. I thought just focus on my selfish walk with Jesus. But then the Spirit spoke. He did not rebuke me. Though he would have had every right to. He just said then the devil would win. After that I repented and our call still continues.

A brother shared with me and said imagine what happens if you don't pray. I hope these saints will continue to pray and believe that their prayers do restrain the evil one. The worst thing one can do is not pray. In order for Satan to triumph is for a few saints to not pray.

Blaine Scogin

2012/3/5 18:12
jimp

Re:

do not judge things before its time.the hebrew trio were saying that our God is able to deliver us from the firey furnace but as they were walking toward it and saw them heat it up so that thoseheating it died...i w onder what they thought as they were thrown into it...delivered in the midst of the fire is a greater testimony than from it. jimp

2012/3/5 18:28Profile
learjet

Re:

Hi Brother,

This is something I learned over time and it's the absolute truth, satan is the prince and power of the air.

That's not a mystical title of his, not poetic language, that's his position, he controls everything that goes out over the airwaves, period. Not one thing, not a few things, everything.

When you view everything that you see on the news, everything that you read in the news, everything on TV period through the light of this scripture you will notice the manipulation and fear that is being sowed, as if from the mouth of a demon. Even 'Christian' TV is edited, I've been in one place where a preacher was talking about the falseness of many TV evangelists and guess what? That was edited out, and since the other guys there said enough about the same subject, the other messages never made it to 'air'.

Once I got a revelation on this scripture it all made sense:

Quote:
And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience -Ephesians 2:1-2

I seriously hope this helps you, it really did me.

2012/3/5 18:31Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

When I watched the video I got the sense that the reporter doing the interview is not a believe and really does not have faith. The words and the spirit behind the interview really does not encourage faith.

Personally also the focus of these people are not right they are praying to see change in society which can be good but we must specifically be desiring to see people come to the Lord no matter where they are, rich or poor or in the worst or best areas.

But the Lord is surely using some of these prayers for His purposes. Also we are in a Spiritual battle and we must be open to seeing the Lord work in more supernatural ways in our lifes. We need the Holy Spirit of God.

These are just a few of my thoughts dear brother.

2012/3/5 18:37Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

I appreciate the feedback! I wondered how Christian are to respond to such things. For me, I can sort through the bias in these stories that I saw although it is disheartening to see. The lady and the tornado- she was actually praying and then speaking in tongues. The town she lived in was West Liberty , KY, the town that got demolished.

jimp- your comments don't quite make sense to me. You mentioned the firey furnance but God delivered them out of it. Are you implying that God delivered the people out of that town even though it was destroyed?

I want to lay something else before you. Dealing with the tornado situation and the woman who prayed on video commanding the tornado to pass by. How should a Christian answer an unbeliever in such a situation? The trap is that they would say GOd didn't answer that prayer but is that really true? God's ways our not our ways and HIs thoughts not our thoughts. I have meditated on this because it does bother me that God is mocked no matter how in your face or subtle.

2012/3/5 19:18Profile

Re:

Something to consider when we pray:

Revelation 5:8
And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

Revelation 8:3-5
And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne. And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand. And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast it into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake.

2012/3/5 20:05
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
The words and the spirit behind the interview really does not encourage faith.

Greg’s caution seems in order here. Your faith is precious, deadn. And that is what matters to God.

There is a vast array of information “out there” - like a gigantic smorgasbord. It is up to you to make wise choices. Your references to being disturbed might be a hint that you just took a nibble of some unwholesome food. You want to save your mental/emotional energy for what's good for you. (Phil. 4:8) There is much better spiritual “food” available than the public media offers. If I recall, some suggestions were offered to you a while back.

Diane

2012/3/5 20:06Profile

Re:

"Maybe you saw the story of the women taking video of the hug black funnel cloud coming down and she has her hand raised to it commanding it to go away? A reported said he went to track her down and he found her and talked to her. He mentioned that the tornado missed her house and but got her neighbors and destroyed the town."

"For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you." -Jesus

2012/3/5 21:54

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy