SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Praying For Pastor Brent Yim - battling stage 4 Brain Cancer

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Praying For Pastor Brent Yim - battling stage 4 Brain Cancer

Dear Saints,

We had everyone pray for this wonderful dear brother a few months ago. Sadly his cancer has returned and it would be good to pray for his healing. He has a wife and 2 precious children and God's anointing is upon his life, he would be greatly used of the Lord in the Calvary Chapel movement.

facebook updates: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brent-Yim-Fund/369677403060399

Last update:

PRAISE REPORT FROM ANDREA: Brent felt pretty good yesterday although he's still not eating much. Today a friend of ours wanted to fast and pray for Brent. If you feel lead I personally would be blessed.

WHAT TO PRAY FOR: Brent still has not been on any chemo. For some reason each day he was supposed to begin he wakes up with a fever. He has gotten tons of lab work and no one knows what is causing it. Pray, pray, pray for complete and clear direction! If God wants Brent to take the chemo then he would feel well enough to take it. If not, then pray that all of these natural cancer protocols would be the healing means :-)

You can listen to a few of Brent Yim's sermons here: http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=1173

2012/3/3 13:22Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Praying For Pastor Brent Yim - battling stage 4 Brain Cancer

Here is a message by Brent Yim this January:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV9I3fopJ4k

2012/3/3 13:42Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Here it a video from two days that shows their heart for God about Brent (first 15 minutes) and the sermon from Pastor Dias is good too!! I'm definitely praying for them after listening to this, it's like I know them now... so listen and praise the Lord with them and pray for them!

Jonah 3:10 to 4:11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SpEU9rVsTM

God bless,
Lisa

2012/3/3 15:59Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Brother Greg,

My heart goes out to this family. I know they are wanting to do everything possible to cure Brent's cancer. It ain't no fun..

As a mom who has traveled this road with our daughter and doing a little checking on the web, may I offer some advice?

Number 1: I suggest that not only is prayer offered for healing I would go for anointing with oil as James 5 teaches.

Number 2: Become as knowledgeable about the kind of brain cancer he has. Some, like a glioblastoma has a 5% recovery rate.

Number 3: Realize that if chemo is pursued it promises no cure, just a hope and at the least make you very sick and you still may die - it only prolongs the dying process.

Number 4: We are all going to die - sometime. For many of us it won't be until you are old, but there are exceptions. Dying is not the worst thing that can happen to a person.

Number 5: Make sure, absolutely sure, there are no outstanding sins unconfessed nor repented of. Make absolutely sure your relationship with the LORD is such that you can meet him with gladness and joy.

Number 6: Surrender yourself to the LORD for his will to be done. Then take it one day at a time. One day. Don't do tomorrow, or next week today. Just live one day at a time and make life happen while you are doing it.

God bless...wishing Brent and his family well...

Sandra

2012/3/3 16:23Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I went to bed and got to thinking about this situation ... then an idea came to me and feel compelled to share it lest I forget. It may help me sleep if I do it now instead of waiting until morning!

I hope, Greg, you will share these insights I gave in my previous post and well as this one with this family.

I understand Brent has children. If the LORD chooses to call him home, it will mean they will be fatherless...If he loves his children it will require a divine enablement to let go of them so he can leave (die). I saw this happen to our daughter, Regina. It was hard for me to see her let go emotionally of her children, but it had to be done in order for her to accept her own passing.

If death seems to be closing in on him - unless the LORD intervenes otherwise, he can do a lot to ease the grief of his loved ones. This is the matter I want to address.

Number 1: talk about it with his wife, children and family. Be open and frank. Say your good-byes, express your love and appreciation. And if the LORD heals you and you don't die after-all, there is no harm done, but it will be an act that can draw people together.

Number 2: Make a recording for each one of the children, keeping in mind their weaknesses and strengths. Share with them what you expect they will face in the future and how you would advise them in any potential situation.

I have talked to people who were faced with terminal illness in a child and some will choose to deny its reality - they were angry at God. Anger is a part of the grieving process BUT you do not stay there.You will have to accept it as a part of the cycle of life and death. (Actually, it is a result of the curse of sin you are dealing with.)When you refuse to deal with it before the loved one dies you are setting yourself up for severe grief and it is NOT necessary! (If the LORD is going to remove a loved one from your home, consider terminal illness a blessing!) The WORD says to cast ALL of your cares upon Him for he cares for you. So do it! If you do that, the comfort God gives will far surpass any you will get anywhere else! I promise!

When I was told Regina was terminally ill I cried hard for two days until I had a confrontation with the LORD about it. He gave me peace and then I knew if she would die He will be there to help me deal with it. And he did. Not only then but in months afterwards. After she died I was so frightened for my own well-being that I stayed so close to the LORD - I did not want to miss any of my quiet time alone with him each and every day. This was precious. I promise!

It is OK to cry..that is one reason God gave a body tear ducts. So use them, but do not allow bitterness to envelope your soul.

God bless!

2012/3/4 0:06Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy