Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Testimony

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

I started this thread ages ago. I thought I would bring it back up incase someone wanted to add theirs.

2005/9/22 15:06Profile
beenblake

Tennessee, USA

Re: Testimony

I am 27 years of age. My Testimony is listed in the "Miracles that follow the Plow" section.

And...

Praise the Lord for all of you!!

2005/9/22 17:00Profile
Gery

Re: Testimony

Dear Brethren,

Most people tell of how lost they were, then they sought God and got saved. Like a happy ending story. I have had a long and windy road with the Lord thus far.

Here are parts my story:

My mother got saved and while she was expecting me, she gave me to the Lord out of thankfulness for saving her (1972). It always reminds me of Hannah with Samuel. Samuel was marked from birth, and so was I. Not because I am special, but because God is faithful. At the age of 5, I gave my heart to the Lord at a Children’s Meeting and desired thereafter to become a preacher. Because of memory and time, I cannot tell exactly what happened from there onward, but by the time I left school I was involved with drugs and false religions, and very far from God. It all came to a climax one night, after being married and without peace or hope, at the age of 20 that I found a Bible among my books, which included the Bhagavad Gita (Hindu scriptures). That night I called out to God, and turned to that Bible that I did not even know was in the house I lived in. As I opened the Bible with an expectation to hear from God, I read Revelations 3:20, “Behold I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and sup with him, and he with me”. It was as if light shone into my dark soul. I experienced floods of joy and peace, like I never new even existed. For days and weeks I was walking on air, testifying of all that God did for me. Then, the following happened. Within 3 months I lost everything! My friends, my wife, my belongings, my job - all for the sake of Christ. With nothing, I went to a mission station in my country. No plans, no future, just that what the Lord had done in me.
For the next 6 years, I lived and worked on that mission station and preached the Gospel around Southern Africa. Then, the worst thing that could ever happen to anyone, happened to me. I allowed sin in my life and became a backslider. I turned my back on God. I fell back into all the old sins, and even more terrible ones. My second state was a lot worse than the first. I hardened my heart beyond the point of any hope. I became callous and denied the Lord Jesus and the fact that I ever even knew Him. I exchanged a life with God for a life of debauchery and sin. Got married again and sought after satisfying my being outside God. Like David I walked out of battle, like Jonah I started running from God and like Peter I denied my Lord over and over again.

After 5 years of living such a life I started seeking Him again, but there was no hope for me then. It was as if I faced a dead end. Then the Lord did the impossible. He sent one of His children who wanted to ask for forgiveness for something from the past. That night, God met with me once again. The presence of God was so overwhelming and my sin and failure so clear, that I left the room and broke before God. Like Peter, I wept bitterly, sobbing before the living Christ. Like David I saw that my sin was against God in Heaven. My heart was shattered and broken.

This is my testimony of how God restored me, in a time that hope was lost.
His love is so great, how can we ever fathom such a Redeemer?

Pray for each other that His grace may abound in us, for evermore.

In His unquenchable love,
Gery (33 yrs old)

2005/9/24 14:31Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

I just thought I would bring this up for all the new folk.

2006/2/10 15:15Profile

Re:

I've been always afraid of giving my testimony because I don't want to give my inlaws heart failure,plus I never know where to start.

2006/2/10 15:43

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy