SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Are you desperate?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
timg

Are you desperate?

Just away of encouraging one another, I was curious to see how your desperation for revival has shown itself in your life.
To be honest, I have been hungry but I don't think I have been desperate as of yet. Been praying however, that will be the case soon.

2012/2/29 10:16Profile
Sree

Re: Are you desperate?

I don't think being desperate will bring any revival in our life. Because it is not we who bring revival but it is God who does it for his good pleasure. Being desperate will lead to frustration and will result in falling of from faith.

The hunger for revival is good enough. Paul says in Romans 12:2,
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

We need to have this hunger to be transformed by the renewal of our mind. This renewal is possible only by God who is working in us to do his will and all we need to do is to work it out what God is working in us. So this renewal is possible only when there is a hunger for it and we seek it. Jesus said seek you will receive. If we keep sitting happy with forgiveness of our sins and call it resting on the finished work then we will never have this renewal of mind to do his will. Renewal will happen only when we hate our sinful nature.

2012/2/29 10:27Profile
timg

Re:

Okay let me ask the question diffrently. How has your hunger been evident in your life? " Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness for they shall be filled".
I am not looking for debate, only real life experience that can encourage one another that shows God is at work.
"As the deer panteth after the water, so my soul thirsts for you." Is this your experience? I want that thirst. If you have ever been thirsty, depending how thirsty you are, you will almost do anything to quench it.
In Christ,
Tim

2012/2/29 10:47Profile

Re:

Fair question. How has the hunger for God been evident in my life? Looking for opportunities to listen to my digital New Testament. Looking for opportunities to pray alone and corporateky. Reading about the persecuted church. Praying for the persecuted church. Praying for the spread of the gospel. All in all trying to stay focussed on Jesus.

Blaine

2012/2/29 12:14

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy