SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Can the world hear your hammer?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Can the world hear your hammer?

The need for personal and corporate revival has never been greater than it is today. There was a time of wickedness when men did only what was right in their own eyes. They were lawless, they were a law unto themselves. And in the background they could hear a hammer. As they went about their business, buying and selling and marrying and giving in marriage, there was that infernal noise of hammering.

It was a constant reminder to them that there was man who talked about a coming flood. A flood? How preposterous! And so they went about their business and ignored the man with the hammer, who , every day for over one hundred years, hammered away, Relentlessly hammered away. He had been ordered by God to build an ark and build an ark he would. Despite the ridicule, despite the scorn, despite the offense to the lawless, he lived his life according to what God had commanded.

Brothers and sisters, can the world hear our hammering? What is being built in our lives that can weather the biggest storm? Is the work in us an expression of salvation to a lost and dying and soon to be judged world? What has been built in our lives that could lead to the saving of others? Do we allow the building to continue despite the ridicule, despite the scorn? Is the work that we do directed by the master builder? Is the constructs of our lives designed and shaped by He who builds? Let us be found to be as faithful as Noah in the days ahead and all the more as we begin to feel the first rain drops. There must be an urgency to allow the work to be finished as the rain begins to fall, as the darkness begins to cover the earth, as lawlessness abounds. No retreating from the work but an increasing for the time is surely at hand..... bro Frank

2012/2/29 0:35
mama27

Re: Can the world hear your hammer?

Wonderful piece...this is right where I live in my own home....though my hammering is becoming pretty weak....thank you for posting!

2012/2/29 12:56Profile

Re:

Amen sister, I am guessing that there has been a lot of hammering in your house sister, praise God for your witness.........bro Frank

2012/2/29 17:00
mama27

Re:

Oh that it would bear fruit!! I have lost all my friends....:( And somehow our hammering must not become a noisy gong or clanging cymbal - only thru Divine enablement....(I fail often)...

2012/2/29 17:13Profile

Re:

"I have lost all my friends" I am reminded sister that not too many people went into the ark. This I know, the Lord was well pleased with Noah's hammering, as He is with your hammering. Let us please the Lord and let men do what they will............bro Frank

2012/2/29 19:21
mama27

Re:

But Noah's family went with him in the ark....my "friends" were my children....Lord willing, we will be "friends" again one day....

2012/2/29 19:30Profile

Re:

This is a good word appolus. Sometimes every day stuff can take our attention away from the fact that Gods judgment comes in a second. To always have that Holy urgency and determination in our lives and in warning others.

-Jim

2012/2/29 20:53

Re:

"To always have that Holy urgency and determination in our lives and in warning others." amen.....bro Frank

2012/2/29 23:37

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy