SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Infilling of the Spirit

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Wonderful testimonies on this thread. I just wanted to say how touched I was by them all. Lindi, what a great testimony. Just so real. God bless you sister. I want to encourage you, I have a spouse that is not saved either and has despised my Christianity for the most part for 20 years. These are unique sanctification circumstances if you let them be :) And you seem to be. I can testify to the trials thing, yet, I am deeper in the Lord now than when I first began. You lost an earthly father and gained a heavenly one, amen. You husband does not like you but you have a bridegroom that loves you, as I know that you know that. Circumstances can force us into places we would not normally go, as you have already found out. These circumstances with your husband will compell you to find everything that you need in Jesus......... bro Frank

2012/2/27 1:04
carters

Australia

Re:

Quote: Lindi

So yes some are filled with Spirit on conversion and some later. We know only in part and prophesy in part. I know He filled me because He changed me and is changing me still. I rejoice and am exceedingly glad because Jesus the lover of my soul lives & He is glorified and sat at the right hand of the Father.To Him be the praise

Praise the Lord for your testimony LIndi. Thank you

2012/2/27 1:24Profile
carters

Australia

Re:

Quote: Brothagray: "joy was welling up in my heart the conversation about jesus was flowing my heart was being convicted and convinced by his spirit ..i sat down on the couch and sighed with joy as gods peace flooded through my soul and mind and his preacence became utterly real that minuite"

Brothagary - this is what I felt as well!! Praise God.

2012/2/27 1:25Profile
brothagary

Re:

oh frank ,that must be so hard ,to have a wife that despises your faith ,bless you

i have a wife and most of the time i believe she is saved ,,but she defenitly has not recieved the baptisim of the spirit ,i prayed for 5 years ,and spoke to her about ,,,,, i even did a type of bible sermon ,at home one sunday ,,and i trully believe she will be filled one day ,,, i pray and hope you wife is to

maby i can put the link to it ,its on you tube ,,i would aprecate some constructive critacisim on the message by anyone who might watch

sherid i think has hit the nail on the head ,about a fully giving oneself in a mentel atatude to recieve the baptisim ,,,,,,,when i think back to my baptisim in spirit ,,,i went through agrulling war with the idea of giving my whole life to jesus and giving up everthing for him

link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swfggPfpGPk

2012/2/27 1:29Profile
brothagary

Re:

ill nevver forget that day sister never

and ill never forget the drawing of gods spirit befor that time that went on for about 4 months ,,at the time i could not describe the influence of gods spirit ,,but i knew it was supanatural and sweet and i could feel faith forming ,,,,,,praise god allright ,,you can say that again lol

2012/2/27 1:44Profile
brothagary

Re:

im under the impression ,it is a bit rare to be baptised by the spirt at conversion ,,,,what a blessing and suprise that would be be

2012/2/27 1:49Profile
jochbaptist

Re:

Circumstances can force us into places we would not normally go, as you have already found out. These circumstances with your husband will compell you to find everything that you need in Jesus......... bro Frank

So true, and so beautifully said.
Bless you bro Frank

2012/2/27 5:35Profile
Sree

Re: The Infilling of the Spirit

Thanks a lot for the excellent testimony Sherid. I hope there are many people with such testimony for Jesus in SI and in real life rather than people who call their sinful life style as resting on the finished work of Jesus.

Quote:

When I share with people about living a life for the Lord, I always share about the importance of giving up of your own will and giving into the Lord completely and fully. As a teenager this is what I called "giving Him your whole heart". This to me has been a prerequisite of being a born again believer, that you are 100% sold out for Him.

It is true. When I accepted Christ, I was not 100% sold out but my attitude was to give everything and to repent of everything in my life. Like sister Lysa shared not everyone has strength to leave our past life in 1 go, I never had a one time victory but my attitude was to be saved from them. I hated being addicted to them. Then only a person can be born again.

Quote:

Then over the years I have met people who haven't had "dramatic" conversions. They have had slow, progressive ones, with no big infilling moment.

I am not a Christian of over 16 years, yet I still can not say I "know" whether there is a one time conversion event or whether a believer needs a subsequent Spirit baptism. I don't look down on any believer either way.

Yes I have met such people as well. In my life I was always struggling with Sin until I had an infilling moment like you. In which Jesus showed me how much he loves me. The love of God will be full in us and that is the proof. We will no longer doubt our calling. It happened to me when I was locked alone in a room crying about my sinful life.

Baptism of Holy Spirit is a moment in which we are completely filled by Holy Spirit and we receive power to live as his witness. There is a difference between being completely filled and general infilling of spirit. It is not a one time activity but it is a daily activity. For example how can a vessel be filled with water all the time? only when it has a source, same way we need to keep seeking to remain filled all the time.

Quote:

I absolutely do not believe you have to have evidence of tongues. I got peace!!

I believe the same, Jesus said like in John 3-8:-
The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.

So the spirit leads each man in different ways, we cannot expect the spirit to work the same way by giving gifts of tongues. There are many men of God who have delivered Godly sermons but never spoke in tongues, there are few even in SI sermon speakers. John Wesley, Charles Finney, D.L.Moody, A.B.Simpson, William Booth, C.T.Studd and Watchman Nee never spoke in tongues. Were their life not a witness for Jesus?

2012/2/27 10:16Profile
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

Re: @carters

Carter wrote: I do not believe that is has to be evidenced by speaking in tongues. Beliving that this is the evidence of the infilling is completely unscriptural as the Bible states that not all will receive the gift of speaking in tongues.

IN fact the Lord revealed to me the day after my salvation, that outward fleshly standards set by men (like saying everyone has to speak in tongues) are exactly that - men's standards not the Lords'.

I did not wish to debate this etc.

I do not wish to debate either, however, in every instance in the book of Acts when someone is baptized with the Holy Spirit, they either spoke with tongues or prophesied as the spirit gave the utterance.

Speaking in tongues is not a gift. The baptism of the Holy Spirit is a gift from God to man.

2012/2/29 22:41Profile
brothagary

Re:

thats exactly right ,either toungs or prophecy

some men of the great revivels ,did not speak in toungs ,,,,,

weasly ,,whitfield, edwards

many people prophesy ,and exalt the name of god ,,and fall on there faces

1800 people fell on these faces weeping ,and trembling ,and praising god ,,at one of john weaslys sermons ,,,all were over come greatly in the spirit ,,with out any toungs ,,

ohh the diversety of gods gifts,,what a great god we have who gives according to his good pleasure

many fine men of god ,interpet toungs as a gift
and experance it as a gift,not as coming as a sign regarding baptisim of the spirt

and many fine men of god ,who experence great baptisim of spirit with emence power like the men i mentioned above ,didnt even believe the gift of toungs was for there genaration ,,and that may well be so ,of that day and age they lived in ,,,being that toungs never appeared in the first great awakening

2012/2/29 23:22Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy