SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : And this is love....

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Elibeth

Re:

Dear Bro.theEphah,

You ask,' what is His Spirit ?'...
Please except my humble answer:

It is His Holy Spirit,..It is the Spirit of God,...Who is Spirit / WORD.
It is like a Fountain of LIVING / ALIVE WATER,..flowing up in us,..
Guilding us in His WAY,..in which He wants us to respond,..walk,..speak,..
and He is in us,....He is our HELP,..He brings His WORDS right up,...
showing us the WAY,...which is His WAY,..which is through His TRUTH,...
that we can have LIFE.

Remember,how Jesus, and the others walked through the corn,..
they picked the corn and did eat, ?How others watched Him,trying
To find things that He was not doing, according to the law,...and they did,..the least little thing that one did,on the Sabath,..and it was a sin...
How He forgave the woman for her sin of adultery, ?...
Our Prescious Lord, is not going to lead us to do anything against God.

I was just thinking about,..when Jesus walked the earth,..He said,..
He,..Himself,..only did,..or spoke the Words,that the Father,(who is SPIRIT / WORD ) gave Him,..isn't He our example,..didn't He say,'follow me ?'
When we obey Jesus, we obey God,for it is His Spirit. He said,'I and my Father are ONE.' It is the same Spirit that is with-in us,..that led Jesus,.
That is to lead us. The Living Spirit.

Please, my Bro.,please except this,that I am saying trying to be helpful,
and all that I have been taught,..,is His,..it is not mine.

The Holy Spirit came to do a work in us, ..it came for a purpose,...it is,...as you know, of Great value,...and please let us not be acused of making it void,..and of no efect.

My dearly beloved Bro.,I would love to talk to you more, about the Sabath..
etc.,..but for now this has got quite long.
elizabeth

2012/2/26 19:24Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

The incorruptable Seed of the Father the Spirit of Christ is birthed in us, He is our new born again life. The Holy Spirit is the revealer of that life birthed in us. Now we have a Father who makes His abode with us in the Son and in us and the Holy Spirit does not even speak of Himself, but only the theings Christ has said and wants to reveal of Himself to us. Even things we cannot understand, we come to understanding.

In Christ: Phillip

2012/2/27 4:04Profile
roadsign

Re: God’s Laws

There are two general uses to the word, Law:

1) a principle
2) a command

Law can refer to a generalization based on a recurring fact or event – like the law of thermodynamics. God set natural laws in motion. But God also set in motion laws that apply to ourselves spiritually – and determine our relationship with him and one another. Here’s an example:

“The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through LOVE.” Gal. 5:6 This law is based on Christ’s death and resurrection. It determines how we follow the commands – like this:

“You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in LOVE. 14 For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “LOVE your neighbor as yourself.”[b] 15 If you bite and devour each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.

Here’s another law of God - BOTH as a command and as a law of nature (the spiritual nature, that is):

“So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. Gal. 5:16

The following verse is law too. It’s a predictable principle- the certain outcome of obedience to the one grand, glorious law which is repeated over and over in scripture, and in all kinds of ways – including the fourth commandments (which Hebrews lifts out of the shadows: Entering God’s rest).

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.” Gal. 5:22

There you have it! If these nine signs of obedience (life in the Spirit) are not present, then it will do no good to apply the letter of the law to improve people. It’s better to go back to the foundational laws – that is the principles set in motion through Christ’s death and resurrection:

“Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.”

And the outcome is LOVE: love for God, others, and ourselves – the grand commandment of God.

and this is love .... evidenced in our human relationships.

Praise God for his mighty and glorious precepts!

Diane

2012/2/27 8:13Profile

Re:

Quote:
“Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.”

What spirit? the spirit you speak of is the law, which we've rejected. These Laws I speak to you is Spirit and is life everlasting. John 6:63

The Spirit is the strength of Yahweh, the Law and the Prophets. Not some invincible ghost floating around whispering in peoples ears.

Quote:
And the outcome is LOVE: love for God, others, and ourselves – the grand commandment of God.

This statement is incorrect. Scripture tells us that “Love is the fulfilling of the law” (Romans 13:10), and the fulfilling of the law is the sure test of love.

John 14:1 "If you love me, keep my commandments"

John 15:10-- If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

The Scriptural meaning of love has been given to us all throughout the bible, but we insist on defining love by our own terms.

The carnal love of man brings destruction, evil, sodomy, bestiality, rape, murder, extreme hatred, look around you, just look around, better yet turn on the news and see how many people were murdered or raped today. This is exactly what the scripture says will befall us in this generation. Which one of you would deny this. WHy?

Because INIQUITY shall abound, the love of many will wax cold. Really?

INIQUITY - from the Greek dictionary in Strong's Exhaustive Concordance, the word iniquity is word #458 from word #459, and means: not subject to the Laws; that is, doing away with the Laws.

Don't pretend that I'm the only one that know this, surely you are very aware of what Iniquity is.

The whole world rejects the law, just look at this thread, everyone is making a case for why they reject the Law, nobody is making a case why we should uphold it. Is it any wonder?

When our Savior returns what will he say?

KJV
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work INIQUITY.

New Living Translation
But I will reply, 'I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God's laws.' Matthew 7:23

Scriptures say they won't repent even after almost half of the population of the earth has been wiped out they still won't repent.

Simon Kepha

2012/2/27 9:41

Re:...And this is Love

Thanks sister Elizabeth, I appreciate your sincere thoughts.

Quote:
It is His Holy Spirit,..It is the Spirit of God,...Who is Spirit / WORD.

The usage of the word – “ WORD” in scripture as in John 1:1-5
In the beginning was the WORD….

“WORD” in this verse comes from the Greek word LOGOS the Hebrew word DABAR

A Hebrew and Chaldee Lexicon to the Old Testament, by Julius Furst, page 312 shows us that the Hebrew word dabar refers to YAHWEH'S PLAN AND HIS LAWS.

You don't have to take my word for it, please study the subject for yourself. Thanks

Simon Kepha

2012/2/27 9:55
roadsign

Re:

Hello Ephah,

Undoubtedly we are both passionate about the same subject, but somehow we are walking past each other. You raised this subject for a purpose, yet, I am not able to see what you are seeing. For that reason, I think it is best that I bow out of this thread.

I trust the Spirit to reveal any blindness I may be beset by - as is true for any of us.

God bless you as you wrestle through this theme of law and love.

Diane

2012/2/27 10:29Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

The Word dabar in the old testament is any word spoken by God, not specifically the Law, but including the Law. Matt 4:4 & Rom 10:17

The word dabar (Hebrew), spoken in the New Testament, Logos (Word) specifically speaks to Jesus Christ the Word of God, the Logos of God. John 1:1 He is the Word, Jesus Christ in the flesh Himself the incarnate God-Man, in the flesh of created man by His Spirit that dwells in us.

http://www.abarim-publications.com/Meaning/Dabar.html

"If you don't have the Spirit of Christ in you, you are none of His".

The Holy Spirit is a He, which signifies a Person, specifically the third person of the God Head.

Good try Ephah.

In Christ by the Spirit of Christ born again in me, and the Holy Spirit being the answered prayer of Jesus Christ to the Father to send Him to give revelation of Who this fulfillment of the Word of God is, "Christ in you the Hope of Glory". By His Spirit of Father, Son and Holy Spirit;

Phillip

2012/2/27 16:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy