Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : bible study at home ,illegle

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
pilgrim777

Re:

Amen, brother. We have passed from death to life.

Nothing can hurt us.

Pilgrim

2012/2/24 23:48Profile
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
we can rejoce in tribulation

At the moment I am reading reports of the severe persecution against house groups in China in the 70's, how it strengthened people in their faith, how that became a witness to unbelievers, and how countless were saved as a result of the faithful love of God’s people through their trials. From that perspective I see this bible study prohibition as a gift to God's people. And it is no doubt a growing reality.

Clamp downs can be disheartening for us in the West, because we are accustomed to a pampered, unchallenged way of life. Yet scripture calls God’s people to rejoice in it. (Matt 5:10)

No doubt, the first “hardship” to overcome is the perceived affront to our rights. After that, Bible study will be seen, not merely as a democratic right or nice social opportunity, but as a privilege and costly responsibility - and our expression of love towards God, fellow man, and ourselves. (The great commandment) It is about sacrificial love - not comfortable rights.

Crackdowns against our Christian “rights” can only strengthen faith – if God’s people can accept it:

“In your struggle against sin you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. And you have forgotten that word of encouragement that addresses you as sons: My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline….” Heb. 12:4

Thank you for posting this thread. It reminds me to value the awesome privilege of having a Bible here in front of me - and the sober responsibility of using it strategically.

Diane

2012/2/25 7:00Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Quote:
No doubt, the first “hardship” to overcome is the perceived affront to our rights. After that, Bible study will be seen, not merely as a democratic right or nice social opportunity, but as a privilege and costly responsibility - and our expression of love towards God, fellow man, and ourselves. (The great commandment) It is about sacrificial love - not comfortable rights.

When the Christian realizes that the only rights he has are the rights given to him by God, then he becomes free to serve the Lord with joy.

We have been given the right to suffer as Jesus suffered.

We have been given the right to give up all rights.

We have been given the right to have no rights.

We have been given the right to be Sons of God.

We have been given the right to be a slave of God.

We have the right to preach the Gospel.

We have the right to love our enemies.

We have been given the right to be ransomed by the Son of God and now we are not our own and God has full ownership and rights to our life.

We have been given the right to be a nobody in man's eye, but someone very special in God's eye.

Matt 16:25 For whosoever will save his life (rights) shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

Pilgrim

2012/2/25 11:04Profile

Re:

Paul and Barnabas encouraged the early Christians telling through many hardships we must enter the kingdom of God. Let's say that this message of encouragement is not the feel good message we are hearing from our pulpits today.

I think of Brother Youcef who may soon be executed. He has written to the Iranian church.and by proxy to us in America to accept persecution. For this is the inheritance of the believer. Jesus said that we would recieve blessings in this life, persecution being one of them.

Dear Jesus. Show us how persecution can be a blessing from you.

Blaine

2012/2/25 11:31
brothagary

Re:

amen road sign and pilgrim

marter is that leading the way ministrys ,michael youcef

2012/2/26 3:21Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy