SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : My Born Again Testimony

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Joyful_Heart

My Born Again Testimony

I will give my personal testimony to help make being born again an extremely real experience in one's life. All I have is mine and no one can take it from me.

I was raised a half baked .... I say half baked due to religion was so shoved down my mothers that she refused to raise my Brother and myself that way. I knew the facts - never doubted - was born loving Jesus. Not knowing Him nor much about Him except that He was born of the virgin Mary,the Son of God and our Savior. Watching the old movies I always wanted to be one of those women who followed Jesus everywhere.

Interesting that even as a child I knew there was something wrong with the religion my Mom was raised with. I would ask her questions but she had no answer.

So, I was on a quest. I did not care what was the right religion, I just wanted the true one of God. I went to Mormanisim etc. Mom asked them to leave our home and then told me not to go with a man made religion and if I wanted truth to ask God Himself. I did. And put down their book.

Went on my merry way.

Then I found myself invited to a home Bible study. I was never treated with such love in my whole life. I arrived after dinner and had not eaten. They insisted and brought out a wonderful meal for me and the ones who invited me.

Then to the living room. I heard my first praise songs ever. I heard my first Bible study ever. The Holy Spirit was working on me. I thought the Pastor was so rude talking about me and never even knew me. It was conviction. He never gave an invitation to accept Jesus as my Savior.

Then there was the fellowship where a 16 yr. old boy came up to me and asked me if I knew what being born again was. I said, well, I dont believe in reincarnation. LOL I never heard of being born again. The Holy Spirit was working. He explained it very simply.

I acepted his explanation. I prayed the sinners prayers, I wept for about an hour, I had so much peace & joy - I was cleansed. I knew if I died I would be with Jesus in Heaven. It was a saul-Paul conversion. I was obsessed with rock n roll but the desire for it was gone. Now all I wanted was anything to do with Jesus.

Bought a childrens Bible. I was a babe in Christ and new very little about my Savior, and I read, read, read and had to tell the world. I told everyone in person, in letters on the streets - I found Jesus - I am going to Heaven - He loves me - I am born again - born from above.

See, being born of the flesh is God's way of producing more of the human race. Being born again is being born from above into God's Kingdom. And all this is possible because God has a plan for us. And it is when He gave us Jesus, His only Son.

It is the most wonderful, awesome experience that a human could ever experience. I was blind but now I see. The Holy Spirit opens our eyes at that moment and I understood the things of God like never before. Actually more in my spirit and heart than in my mind. I knew nothing about all the do's and don'ts. I just knew my Savior loved me, forgives me, I am on my way to Heaven, I want to tell everyone I know.

Yes, of course the conviction of sin was there. But I must say His love & forgiveness was so strong I didnt focus on my sins or sinful nature. It was all about Jesus. Jesus my Savior loves me He forgave me. My joy was, is still that. I am still in awe of His love & forgives for me and it brings me such joy & peace.

No, dont be deceived people the key with God is ASK HIM - He will reveal Himself to us. And He knows each one so intimately He knows just what we need and how to reveal it to us. All glory to Him.

*There is not one little thing we can do to get to God or to Heaven at all. That's what Jesus did. Ask God about that.

He did it ALL - We just need to believe & get to know Him. He will work all things in and out of us.
He will finish the good work He began in us,
He will guide us, lead us, reveal to us the things of God.
He will help us in anything we need help with.
He will deliver us from any sin.

He is our Savior.
He is our Bright and Morning Star.
He is the One who loves us with an everlasting love.
He is all that is good.

We now have our names written in the Lamb's Book of Life.
We now have His ear to pray, ask, praise, worship Him day or night.
He is always there for us for our good.
We will never be alone. He will never leave us nor forsake us.
We can love our enemies, have peace, joy etc. With His help.
We can rest that our God has a plan for our lives and He will help fulfill it.
We will see Jesus high and lifted up and know Him when He come.
We have the Creator of the universe to be with us through every storm in this life knowing we are just passing through. We can go through life holding onto His Hand and when we are too weak, His Hand is strong enough to hold our.

There are so many more we could add to this list.
The most important thing is to ASK GOD FOR TRUTH and really want it. I know He will give it.

Later the Holy Spirit showed me how I asked which one was God's true religion - He took me to no Church, no religion, He took me straight to Jesus - He is the Way, the Truth and the Life and no man come to the Father except through Jesus.

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

It's God's plan. He is the Creator we are the creation. Maybe we would have done things differently but we are the creation and we must fall in line with God's plan for our Salvation. It is our free choice.

But at least ASK GOD so you will know in your heart you are making the right decision to choose God's plan which is Jesus or to reject His plan. He wants people to know Him and love Him by free choice.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I pray Holy Spirit that You would use this simple testimony and Your Word to convict, and open the eyes and hearts of those who are searching or those who think they can do anything to get to You except believe.

I pray You will give a hunger & passion to search. You promised that if we seek You with our whole heart we will find You. Reveal Yourself to all Lord who read this Lord and pour out Holy Spirit to make the blind see. Amen
Deut. 4:29 "But from there you will seek the LORD your God, and you will find [Him] if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
John 3:5 Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
John 3:6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
John 3:7 "Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
And for those who want to be Baptized in the Holy Spirit I pray You will do that. Fall upon them with power. As in Acts.

Act 8:14-17 Now when the apostles who were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent Peter and John to them, who, when they had come down, prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit.
For as yet He had fallen upon none of them. They had only been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Then they laid hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.

Act 4:12 "Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."

Just want to share & lift up Jesus in all sincerity and He will draw all people to Himself.

Amen

See, it's all about Jesus

2012/2/23 11:04Profile

Re: My Born Again Testimony

Amen sister. I have never met a Christian who did not love to share their testimony and how Jesus changed their life. Your heart was seeking sister and God will be found by those who diligently seek Him. His eyes are always roaming the earth to see the hearts that are looking for Him. What happened to you was not the results of someone looking for fire insurance, but someone looking and searching for the truth and praise the Lord, you found it, or were found by it :) ...............bro Frank

2012/2/23 11:36

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy