Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : 

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Koheleth, just got done reading the article. Great read. Thanks for sharing.

2012/2/28 0:02Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re: Mikeydarev

Quote:
Mikeydarev wrote:
However, if by friendship evangelism we mean that we put ourselves in positions to relate to non-Christians, so we can not only share, but they can also see Christ's power demonstrated in our lives; then I'm all for it. The issue then comes down to actually opening our mouths to share.
Some people here need to take a chill pill, or know a bit more of the joy and freedom of the Holy Spirit. Evangelism is very easy when you're empowered and chilled out with God's grace. I remember how tense I used to be with this stuff but God's spirit brings grace and freedom and joy!

Amen, brother, well said! Friendship evangelism doesn’t mean you MUST make friends with every unsaved person within your sphere of influence but it does mean that you show yourself friendly. I appreciated your testimony.

God bless,
Lisa

2012/2/28 6:30Profile
Mikeydarev

Re:

Hi again guys,

I agree with the statements that we should not compromise on preaching the return of Christ. Anyone who is familiar with how I operate could vouch for that.

Is there anyone out there with any more experiences they have where they have shared the gospel uncompromisingly in the context of a friendship or in the context of developing a friendship? I'd be interested to hear.

Cheers y'all

Mike

2012/2/29 15:31Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, i have shared this story before... i was working for the chapplain of bourbon st.,bob harrington as a street evangelist in the quarter and the place next door was called the office lounge where judges and attoneys and such hung out. it was run by a mafia leg breaker and bar tender manager,lloyd. my nick name was wages (wages of sin is death)and i would visit and share three timews a week. one day lloyd asked me to meet him across the street at tony.s for breakfast. i did not get much sleep that night for it was impossible to read lloyd. at breakfast lloyd told me that he had watched me and listened to me and that he was raised by a christian mom. that day he wept and repented. he said he was going to leave n.o.and get out of the business and serve the Lord and gave me a tithe offering. within a month he was in jackson ms. in the roofing business servin the Lord.jimp

2012/2/29 19:35Profile
yuehan

Re:

Anyone keen to share their experience in witnessing to Catholics and Mormons?

Striking up a friendship might not be difficult... but I struggle with being sensitive to Catholics/Mormons, yet not compromising on the gospel of Jesus Christ. Even with simple issues like whether to address Catholics as 'Christians', to pray together, etc.

And also to ensure that friendship with Mormons and Catholics conforms to the following verses set out in 2 John 1:9-11:

"Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.

If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him; for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds."

On a slightly humorous note, I once said to a Catholic buddy of mine that our bibles were different - his had more books (re: the Old Testament apocrypha). To which he replied - "No, it is *your* bible which has less books!"

2012/2/29 20:50Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, i feel like i am saying toomuch here... i have seen hundreds of catholics saved and one sunday a whole convent of nuns were emersed in water at our church professing their faith in Christ. the jerusalem bible(catholic) has a great footnotein John.t o know Him... this means to have a intimate personal relationship with Jesus and not just a head knowlege. the intimacy is like adam knew eve and produced a child...also if you know the apostles creed ...i believe in God the Father almighty and in Jesus Christetc. has all the doctrine one needs to get saved if you stop after on the third day He rose from the dead and sits at the right handof the Father...they pray this prayer ever mass.and you can incorporate it in your witness. do not look for a problem or point out how dumb some of their doctrine is but look at the solution.Jesus

2012/2/29 21:41Profile
yuehan

Re:

Thanks, jimp. If you feel like you're saying too much, you can instead choose to pray for my witness to them - in word and in deed =) I messed up badly during a conversation I had with Mormons yesterday btw, but I learnt what not to do through that episode.

2012/2/29 22:18Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy