Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Being Born Again

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Sree

Re:

Quote:

So my question is, does this add unnecessary conditions to what Christ has presented when He says,"believe on Me and you will be saved?

Are you asking about Repentance being an additional condition to believe in Jesus? How can someone believe in Jesus without repenting, because very first message that Jesus preached after he was baptized was to repent. Repentance is not an addition but it is a basic. Repentance is to hate our past life, it is an attitude. The very first promise of New Covenant is 'Jesus will save his people from their sin'. If someone is loving his sinful life style how can he be saved? For example imagine a man who is fallen into a deep pit but instead of shouting for help he is happily enjoying the pit. Even if some passer throws a rope he will not climb up, why should he if he is enjoying the pit?

Same is the case of Rich Young ruler, he believed that Jesus has the secret to eternal life and that is why he came to Jesus, Jesus asked him to sell all his properties and then follow him. In short Jesus wanted him to repent of his past life before following him. He did not ask him to give up his love of money altogether and then follow him. Which would have been impossible. As you said, it is sanctification that frees us from the world. But Jesus just asked to hate it and sell it and then follow me. Even after selling all his possessions one might still have love of Money.

Same he asked Matthew a tax collector, he was able to immediately leave all his money and follow Jesus. That does not mean Matthew was immediately freed from love of money, he just repented or turned back from his past life. He might have been tempted later on to be a tax collector again but as long as he is with Jesus he will give him strength to overcome such temptations (sanctification). Same way Peter gave up all his catch of fish and followed Jesus, but did he not go back to his fishing life after departing of Jesus? But Jesus did not leave him, he came back and gave him strength to make him a catcher of men.

For example a beautiful women whom a young man loves comes to him and says marry me but she comes with another boy friend, how can this young man accept this women? Won't he ask this beautiful women to leave her ex boyfriend and then to come to him? This does not mean she will not be tempted by her ex but does she have the desire to giveup her ex for this young man is the question here.

2012/2/23 11:16Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

qUOTE:- Acts 16:30-31 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Joyful_Heart, What a Joyful Post. It always amazes me that "believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved", is not enough for man. Man must co-mingle his own works and the "finished work of Jesus Christ", and put himself in the equasion. A man must truly believe in his heart, when he never new what to believe in, repent; of what?, be baptized, in what?, join the church, read your bible, put yourself in a ministry, don't swear, don't smoke, don't, don't, do, do, and much more etc. etc.

Thank you!!!!!!!!

2012/2/23 12:38Profile

Re: The Only Work is to Believe

Quote:
Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he he has sent."

The Messiah was not speaking of himself, he was speaking of the "ONE SENT"

The Seventh Malak, The Seventh Trumpeter, he was speaking of his messenger for these last days who will proclaim and restore the lost Faith which was ounce delivered to the Saints. Yes, in the mist of all this confusion, one will rise and restore his glory.

Remember, the Message of the Kingdom will be preached to all the world by the One who bears witness to all nations; and then The End will come. Matthew 24:14

The Messiah is speaking of a work to be done in these last days of which he is High Priest over. And he's telling us in advance to believe it. I know this is a tough subject that could take many hours to explain.

2012/2/23 14:21

Re: TheRphah

Nope. Context is believing in Jesus.

Blaine

2012/2/23 17:10
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

John 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Jesus is the one sent. Mark 9:37 Whosoever shall receive one of such children in my name, receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me, receiveth not me, but him that sent me.

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

John 4:34 Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.

John 5:23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

John 5:23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

""""

Quote:
Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he he has sent."[/""""

Jesus is speaking of Himself whom the Father has sent.

oh 5:23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.
Joh 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
Joh 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.
Joh 5:33 Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth.
Joh 5:36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.
Joh 5:37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.
Joh 5:38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.

Believe on Him who He has sent and thou shalt be saved.

In Christ: Phillip

2012/3/6 1:14Profile
XianPugilist

Re:

YOU:The post is: Being Born Again. The question is the possibility of someone committing to Christ to believe on Him that they may be saved. Unequivocally this is possible. Sanctification accompanies salvation and is the on going process, never complete this side of heaven. We know this.

There is nothing anywhere in the Bible that says it can't happen this side of heaven. It doesn't exist. I tried to make that case for 3+ years. It's simply not there. A presupposition can be fed with a few verses, but none of the verses you can find will make this claim.

However, there are tons of VSS that say it will and is expected to happen this side of heaven.

The biggest problem I see, is people look to self to accomplish the fact. Self can't do it. Scripture doesn't say YOU WILL MAKE YOURSELF sanctified, but that HE sanctifies you, HE changes your mind and heart, HE removes the sinful nature from you in this life, HE keeps you from sinning. Vss for each of those comments.

No, I don't claim to be there, let me stop that snide comment early.

I think I know someone who is what I describe above, but how would I know, only God can judge. More importantly what would that person look like, they surely wouldn't be bragging about their sinlessness.

What makes a person sinless in the first place? I'd proffer it's a result of sanctification, not a requirement for sanctification.

Once you get past the thought that you have total control of your life and are supposed to keep it, you'll find the challenge to be fully mature/perfect/telioos, which is a sanctified person, is to get out of HIS way.

Who will say that HE can't do it?

Further, to prevent the, "Have you ever seen anyone sinless" lines. I'd have to say, none of us have seen a person raised from the dead after 3 days either. If that is reason to claim it's impossible, then why are you in this faith to start with.

Sanctification is said to be quickened by God to us on earth.
Paul comments about the perfect or mature people often. Claims himself and others to be so. I guess until someone understands the word for perfect, and tracks down what Paul describes a perfect person to be, it seems daunting.

There are so many presuppositions, and bad definitions, and whack theology on this, it usually interferes with biblical hermeneutics.

So I'll hush with one question.... If you had to change everything you were taught, to accept what you saw in the Bible to be true, would you? Or are you married to what you were taught, no matter what, and afraid to let go?

2012/3/6 17:49Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Hell0 everyone,

I was thinking of the birthing process,..
There are birthing pains,..and isn't there things that must take place ?

This is what happened to me (I can say what happened to me) ...
As the Lord began to draw me to Himself,...by His GRACE,..
*(that Devine enflence upon my heart),..Before I got there ,As I was coming,He readily began to let me know that I must stop this, get rid of that,do this,...you cannot bring this flesh this / that with you. YOU MUST LEAVE IT OFF....that was His voice / Words for me

Willing to CHANGE !

Naked ! ...He wanted to cloth me.(be clotheth upon by Him,.)

Being born of the Spirit of God.

And I do not believe that it stops there,..He will continue to put His finger on things in our lives,shapeing us,moulding,..Paul said the calling of God is a high calling,....Jesus Said the way was narrow,..
Paul said,'For as many as are led by the Spirit of God,they are (IT IS THEM THAT ARE) the sons / children of God.

I have not yet got there, NO,...but I too am reaching after,that I might attain
To that high calling of God,..in Christ Jesus.that is my goal, my desire,..

I too need pray,...

AND

So let us run.,

elizabeth

2012/3/13 18:06Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy