SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Franklin Graham's sad presentation of the "Gospel"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Solomon said:

"BuFolks who are demonstrating no power of God then accusing and shooting believers who are actually trying to reach others. "

"God help us and have mercy on the self righteous ones who feel compelled to throw mud on your bride. Unbelievable!"

It sounds like you are judging too solomon. The word hypocrite comes to mind.

-Jim

2012/2/21 18:26

Re:

"For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision: Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake. One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies. This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith; "

Paul - you call yourself an apostle while slinging mud on the bride of Christ? You will give an account for this judging Paul. I have seen your other epsitles and detect that you have a critical spirit. At least those Cretians are trying to reach people while you are just rotting in a prison cell.

2012/2/21 18:34
PQ

Europe

Why We Must Think Rightly About GOD

"Perverted notions about GOD soon rot the religion in which they appear. The long career of Israel demonstrates this clearly enough, and the history of the Church confines it. So necessary to the Church is a lofty concept of GOD that when that concept in any measure declines, the Church with her worship and her moral standards declines along with it. The first step down for any church is taken when it surrenders its high opinion of GOD."

"Before the Christian Church goes into eclipse anywhere there must first be a corrupting of her simple basic theology. She simply gets a wrong answer to the question, 'What is GOD like?' and goes on from there. Though she may continue to cling to a sound nominal creed, her practical working creed has become false. The masses of her adherents come to believe that GOD is different from what HE actually is; and that is heresy of the most insidious and deadly kind."

"The heaviest obligation lying upon the Christian Church today is to purify and elevate her concept of GOD until it is once more worthy of HIM- and of her. In all her prayers and labours this should have first place. We do the greatest service to the next generation of Christians by passing on to them undimmed and undiminished that noble concept of GOD which we received from our Hebrew and Christian fathers of generations past. This will prove of greater value to them than anything that art of science can devise."

Excerpt from The Knowledge of the Holy by A.W.Tozer

pq*

2012/2/21 18:53Profile
rbanks

Re:

Hi everyone,

To Solomon101 and other posters, I hope you all will calm down and be more friendly toward one another.

I will also leave it to the experts on here about Franklin, but it seems to me that some have missed his main message, in that he stated that president Obama was more concerned with a particular religion than he was the Christians who were being murdered by those who hold that religion.

I have also noticed that some on here have put words into his mouth that he really didn’t say and have misjudged him altogether. Frank, I must say this is the poorest thread that I have noticed you starting and I do hope to see better threads from you in the future.

That being said, I plan on this is my last post on this thread which seems to be more about “straining at a Nat but swallowing a camel”. I mean I have other things to do that I hope would be more profitable to the Kingdom of God.

Blessings to all!

2012/2/21 18:53Profile
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
But now acknowledges a Mormon can be a Christian.

Interesting, I never heard him say that in the interview. He said that Mormons are part of the “Christian faith”. That is true. Now, let’s admit, Christianity is a huge umbrella. All kinds of people have roots in Christianity, as does Mormonism. There is a lot about many traditions that come right out of Christianity. The label “Christian” is far reaching.

I think it is most inappropriate to make a value assessment on Franklin Graham based on this brief interview – which is cryptic and strained - and the two parties are not even talking about the same thing. The questions posed to Graham are unprofessional and low to begin with. Graham is in a tight corner – being asked to judge another’s faith according to an ill-defined standard.

I’d say: Shame on these interviewers! I hope this station has some better qualified personnel!

Diane

2012/2/21 18:54Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Sorry, pay no attention to me, I guess I was just venting, I just read so many of these tear down threads, just wished we could pray for these folks and leave it to Jesus.
Sorry!
Mr. Bill

2012/2/21 18:55Profile
notlongnow

Re:

There is something seriously wrong with the people on here who so vehemently defend doctrines of devils and apostate christianity. (Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates? 2 Cor 13:5)

I wouldn't even debate these people after one or two rebukes, they are not lovers of the truth and are clearly showing where they stand and what is in their hearts.

As for Franklin. Besides what the people with courage have already stated here, he would do well get off the TV and out of politics. What on earth has that got to do with being a follower of Jesus Christ anyway. Perhaps he is showing what is in HIS heart.

This forum seems to have a core group of people that attacks anyone who dares to expose false christianity and its false teachers. You use shame on the posters to do so. I wonder where the motivation to attack people bringing evil to the light is coming from. Sadly for a website so full of godly sermons, that preach the very thing some faithful souls on this site try to do, I find the forum to be tainted with lukewarmness and compromise, and with some, even apostasty.

And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
Ephesians 5:11

2012/2/21 19:00Profile

Re: Franklin Graham's sad presentation of the "Gospel"

Hi Frank, It was my understanding years ago that Franklin wasn't interested in his fathers work in the ministry. No doubt there was coaxing and perhaps a little twisting of the arm to get this man motivated to accept a position that his Dad had sat for many years. Instead of looking to Jesus to ordain ministers for this organization men of high rank seem to think that their own flesh and blood have to take over the ministry.
I remember years ago when our Pastor died that the Church had passed on to his son, a few years later, he ran off with the secretary and the church fell apart. The doors closed and the building sold and it's members having to find another place to attend. I am not saying that the son was bad, but men think that the ministry has to run in the family and they forget that the ministry belongs to God and God will name his minister for that Church not the current Pastor. That is why I appreciated David Wilkerson, he didn't look to his own flesh to head up Times Square Church, instead he looked for God's leading and picked a preacher from an obscure town in Canada, Carter Conlon.

Billy Graham's policy is scary. I have no idea where he is at with God and I don't even want to think about it, but he was being interviewed by Robert Schuller once and he blurted out that Muslims who did not know Christ were saved. When Schuller heard that he was so thrilled that he believed that. For anyone to believe that they have to be a Universalist.

Franklin Graham was probably briefed in this policy and must not go to far right or too far left, just remain at a happy medium. That is a scary place to be.

Most all Christian organization start out well. Most of them if not all, had God's stamp of approval. But along the way something happens that causes them to forsake the leading of the Lord and go with the leading of their own pernicious ways. We know this to be true in the Methodist and Wesleyan movements. Though the organization is corrupt, there may be in some varied and obscure location where God is moving with certain Pastors within the organization. That is true with all of these outfits worldwide, but that doesn't mean that the organization is true, that is the deception that we fall prey to.

2012/2/21 19:01

Re:

"This forum seems to have a core group of people that attacks anyone who dares to expose false christianity and its false teachers. You use shame on the posters to do so. I wonder where the motivation to attack people bringing evil to the light is coming from. Sadly for a website so full of godly sermons, that preach the very thing some faithful souls on this site try to do, I find the forum to be tainted with lukewarmness and compromise, and with some, even apostasty."

Amen, or as we say in Detroit - true dat.

2012/2/21 19:17

Re:

David Wilkerson once wrote:

They are troublers who infuriate backslidden religious leaders and corrupt Christians. They are hated as was Jesus when he testified against them that "their deeds were evil" (John 7:7)...

Paul warns the brethren to "mark them which cause divisions... and avoid them" (Romans 16:17). But who were these who "caused offenses contrary to the doctrine taught?" They were none other that a self-centered, backslidden group among them who "served their own belly" (v.18). This proves that division is caused by the proud, arrogant catering to self-interests. Paul said, "By their smooth and flattering speech they deceive the hearts of the unsuspecting" (v. 18 NAS). Those preachers who are soft on sin, overlooking the evil deeds in God's house and crying unity, are the real divisionists. They are leading many into a false love trap. The true body of Christ has never been nor ever will be divided. Those in holy union with Christ are already united to each other. Sin is the divider!"

2012/2/21 19:22

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy