Discussion Forum : General Topics : Godweb.info - A New Christian Search Engine

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Godweb.info - A New Christian Search Engine

Saints,

I have been working to release this site in beta please do take time to visit the site. I am trying to code a search engine that will be robust enough to hold 10,000's of Christian sites and be a safe and godly place to search for ministries etc. We are also working on getting 50+ versions and language bibles on the site also.

On facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/godwebinfo

The site:
http://www.godweb.info

2012/2/21 0:51Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Godweb.info - A New Christian Search Engine

Just wanted to update everyone that I spent about 1 full weeks work to put this together and work with "search" technology. There was no validate christian search engine out there, there has been some emphasis in the spidering of results to add very godly good ministries such as: SermonIndex, CFC Church India, Gospel For Asia and many other good resources.

Currently there are over 125,000 searchable links and over 1 million search phrases with results. We praise God for the wisdom to put this together.

Feel free to try out the site, note: it is still in beta. And join the facebook page.

2012/3/4 19:36Profile
SimpleLiving

Minnesota, USA

Re:

I can't tell you how much this blesses me! Thank you so very much, brother Greg! I will be making Godweb my new homepage.

I cannot begin to imagine the depth of the work that went into creating this much-needed and encouraging resource. Please know that I am so grateful! Without exaggeration, I can say that I am as excited about Godweb as I was when I found SermonIndex! With so much weeping for the state of the world today, it's sheer JOY to have another reason to lift the name of the Lord in praise! Think of it - a safe, pure search engine without having to sift through more worldly trash than there is on other search engines. That gives me more peace!

I know I don't post here very much anymore but I still visit daily and take note of all prayer requests and needs.

In His Service,
Keith

2012/3/4 20:51Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Brother,

So you know the engine is not complete by any means and is only indexing 0.5% of the Christian web at best! (there is alot of content out there). Also I only spent about 50-60 hours to complete this and this knowledge will help me make a search engine for sermonindex.net probably.

I might be passing this onto another christian organization or website because I am not sure if I have the time to maintain this other soon to be large site!

thanks for your kind comments and yes I do pray its useful to many.

2012/3/4 21:32Profile
SimpleLiving

Minnesota, USA

Re:

Thanks Greg. I do understand that it won't be a complete search engine. But that .5% that IS there is pure and God-honoring! No trash to sift through.

A person can only use so much of the internet anyway. The way I see it, God is sufficient. He's given us His word and that's our guidebook. The fellowshipping of the saints is also part of His plan. So, to have even .5% of other Godly resources available is a blessing. No one can use all of it anyway and it cuts back on the danger of relying too much on other things than God, His word, and our own personal time with Him.

In the scope of eternity, it's a small thing to be sure. But, in the here and now, I'm absolutely giving thanks because I love the heart and motive behind it!

2012/3/4 21:54Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Dear Saints,

The site has been more developed and the search faster, we are still working on fine tuning the results but it has been working quite well for many searches, feel free to search for some of your favorite Christian Topics, Ministries etc:

On facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/godwebinfo

The site:
http://www.godweb.info

2012/3/18 23:59Profile
dougr777

Re:

Brother Greg,

What a great tool for the body of Christ!! It looks great so far and will only get better. I will use is more and give feedback as I am able. It searches fast like you said.

Doug

2012/3/19 8:01Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Godweb.info - A New Christian Search Engine

Impressive, Greg!

Thanks!

2012/3/19 19:54Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

New Video done:

Is There Meaning To Life? #MeaningToLife - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNG4CQTMTbo

2012/3/20 15:36Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy