SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Do you know what the gospel is

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
pilgrim777

Re: What the Gospel / Christianity IS.

It is personally receiving the Lord Jesus Christ simply by child-like faith, and not by understanding. (Act 16:31)
It is believing He paid the price of his blood, on your behalf, for the forgiveness of your sins. (Col.1: 14)
It is trusting in His precious blood, and knowing that His substitutionary death is enough for my salvation. (Rom.3:25)
It is knowing Him as your personal Lord and Savior. (John 3:16)
It is having a personal relationship with Christ. (Rev.3:20)
It is knowing the Holy Spirit. Born again of the H.S (John 3). Romans 8:11 if not H.S. your not his.
It is trusting that Christ lives in you, and you derive all righteousness from Him, for He is your righteousness.
(Rom. 4:5)
It is knowing that Christ, not you, is the producer of righteousness. (Phil. 3:9)
It is knowing that you are in Christ, and He is in you.( John 14:20)
It is believing that when Jesus said on the Cross, “It is finished,” then the total work of salvation was completed. (John 19:30)
It is believing that there is nothing for you to do to earn your salvation--it is a free gift of God’s grace. (Eph.
3:8-9)
It is deliverance from sin which is available to us in the death, burial, and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ.(I Cor. 15:3)
It is being delivered from the power of sin, our false self-life, and the curse of the law. (Rom. 6:14; Rom. 6:6; Romans 10:4).
It is an exchange of natures through the cross, not an improved law-bound human self. ( II Cor. 5:21; Romans 6:6; II Peter 1:4).
It is trusting that you are dead, and now Christ is your only source of life and power. (Col. 3:3&4)
It is knowing that you are one Spirit with him and in a union-relationship with Christ. (I Cor. 6:17)
It is knowing that by His death we were reconciled, but by His resurrected Life we are delivered daily. (Rom. 5:10)
It is trusting that Christ in you is your only hope of glory. (Col. 1:27)
It is knowing that “it is no longer you that lives, but Christ lives in you.” Gal. 2:20)
It is knowing that you have no power in yourself to maintain or keep yourself from evil. (Jude 24)
It is knowing that Christ has already overcome evil and will maintain your standing before Him, and keep you as He promised.
It is believing and realizing that you are “dead to the law.” The law demands human performance. (Rom. 7:4)
It is believing that you are “dead to sin and alive to righteousness.” (Rom. 6:11)
It is knowing that Satan is already defeated in you. Heb. 2: 14-15)
It is receiving this Good News by faith and rejoicing with exceedingly great joy.

2012/2/21 9:19Profile

Re:

Hi Pilgrim. Can you give the source of that compilation?

Thanks.

2012/2/21 10:05
Elibeth

Re: Do you know what the gospel is

Deltadom,And others on here ,who are so dear,

May I explan a little clearer what I see the gospel is :

The Words of Jesus,all His preachings,...the serious, sermon on the
Mount,..except a grain of corrn,fall to the ground and die,..the golden rule,...
False and true teachers,...forgiveing,...building on the sand,...vs on a rock,..
My sheep hear My voice and they follow me,...the ten vergins,five wise,..five foolish,..the Bread of life,..sending His Spirit ,...the Holy Spirit back to us,..(teachings of what the king exspects in His kingdom) .
Jesus also say the way is narrow.

May I encourage you ,to just start in Mathew ..(all the gospels,..and then read all of Paul's letters to the churches,as well as the others,and we will see their teachings were the gospel a continuation of teachings,How to
Live under the Lordship of the A King,....THE GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM OF GOD,..
or as Paul would say,' the same gospel of Christ,...

Please look up all the Words: ' gospel '. ..'kingdom'

* in Him we live,....(have Life)..move,(led by the Spirit of God) and have our being, .(..'Have our being ? )......please,....you tell me ?

elizabeth

2012/2/22 22:12Profile

Re:

So far i have seen nothing of the resurrection of Christ so I guess everyone here gets a smack down along with Franklin Graham in not presenting the gospel.

This is the gospel
1 Cor 15:1,3-4
'Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel .....how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures'

The death, burial AND resurrection of Christ according to the scriptures, on the behalf of sinners is the Gospel. Most of what has been put forth here thus far has been responses to the gospel, but not much has been the gospel. At least it has been missing the crucial resurrection.

'And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.'

OJ

2012/2/23 1:09

Re: Joe

Brother glad for your post on the resurrection. But I don't see no one needs to be smacked down. These saints are sharing what their heart understanding of the gospel is. I have read their post and take heart delight in what they are saying. Even your post.

Blaine

2012/2/23 9:35
Elibeth

Re:

Bro. Joe,

The gospel,that was preached by these ,aforementioned Holy men,
Is an all incomposing,gospel.It consists of many things, and yet it is One .
It is the Whole counsel of God, for us.They talk / preach about:

* 'The gospel of His grace...
* The gospel of peace....
* the Light of his glorious gospel...
*The Truth of the gospel
* your fellowship in the gospel...
* The hope of the gospel...
* obey not the gospel....
* the Word of this gospel..
* calls us by this gospel...
* same gospel,that was preached to Abraham,...it was a faith thing,...hearing the Voice of God, believing it was the Voice of God, and
obeying.

** It is things,that are taught,..and is teaching us,of how the King wants us to be/ live in His Kingdom,...

* the Lord has taught me,..that the kingdom of God,IS the resurrected
Lord in us....and He comes in ,by way of the Holy Spirit,to rule,..be Lord,
In this kingdom of God,....' Led by the Spirit of God '

* He draws us to His will,by His Grace,which is part of this complete
gospel.When God,through His mercy and His Spirit reveals these things
to us,...then the WHOLE WORD becomes ONE,...then (and please don't
take this as harshly ) but then one's cannot take a few verses,somewhere
in scripture, and make different denominations out of a few verses,..It is all
One.
I do hope I am making ,this mystery of the gospel understandable.

Only for His Glory,and Honor,forever,
lovingly,
elizabeth

2012/2/23 20:10Profile

Re:

Hey Jimp, Thanks brother for reminding me of that old song we used to sing in Church,

"I owed a debt I could not pay, He paid a debt He did not owe. I needed someone to wash my sins away. And now I sing a brand new song, Amazing Grace.....Christ Jesus paid a debt that I could never pay."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opgFgY4rnU4

2012/2/23 23:04

Re:

Elizabeth

Quote:
** It is things,that are taught,..and is teaching us,of how the King wants us to be/ live in His Kingdom,...

The gospel is so far from that as to be the antithesis of it.
Quote:
I do hope I am making ,this mystery of the gospel understandable.

The reality is that rather than making it understandable, you are actually confounding it.

If not required, definitely recommended reading on the subject.

http://www.gotothebible.com/HTML/whatisgospel.html

"...the Gospel is not good advice to be obeyed, it is good news to be believed."

OJ

2012/2/23 23:17
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

The gospel is not about me

The gospel isn't for my happiness however the Gospel will make you happy should you realize your true state.

The Gospel is Christ Jesus.

The Gospel is Freedom from sin and bondage of the Law.

The Gospel isn't a bargin with God, its a gift freely received.

The Gospel is realizing you can't save yourself so in Faith you let Christ save you instead.

The Gospel is coming to a place of realizing you as a sinner are a natural enemy of God but instead of Justly destroying you He mercifully desires to save you.

That is all for now I will add on as the Spirit leads :)

2012/2/24 1:38Profile

Re: Do you know what the gospel is

“Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah, not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant that they broke, though I was their husband, declares the Lord. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people. And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”

Jeremiah 31:31-34

2012/2/24 6:16

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy