SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Max Lucado

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
dixierain

Louisiana, U.S.A.

Max Lucado

Being new and all, I'm not sure where I should post this, so I'm just going to put it here.

I was searching for some Max Lucado articles on the index and found only one. He is one of my favorite Christian writers. Although I'm not sure if he is considered a "speaker" or not, it would be wonderful to see more of his work here. Is there any possibility of this?

Thanks!
Dixie

2005/1/25 21:02Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Max Lucado

Quote:
Although I'm not sure if he is considered a "speaker" or not, it would be wonderful to see more of his work here. Is there any possibility of this?

At SermonIndex speakers are chosen carefully, especially in the Audio download section. The trust of the site is to give older classical preaching from the past on topics such as deeper christian life, prayer, revival, etc. There is a quality and message that is given at SI through many of these older speakers that won't give or preach. I am not saying that Max Lucado doesn't preach the truth but if you take some time to hear speakers on this site like: A.W. Tozer, Vance Havner, Keith Daniel, Leonard Ravenhill and some others you [b]will[/b] notice a difference.

2005/1/25 21:24Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

I have not listened to them but there are 2 sermons by Max Lucado on SI...

2005/1/25 22:26Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Tis true...

Can be found here:

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=101] Max Lucado[/url]

2005/1/25 22:33Profile
dixierain

Louisiana, U.S.A.

Re:

Well, it looked like one sermon to me, broken into two parts.

I like Max because his messages are easy to understand. I have listened (or read) other sermons here, some of which are hard to understand. I just thought for new believers having a well-known speaker with easy to understand messages would be a good thing. It was just a suggestion -- or request.

I do like Ravenhill for sure, as you can tell by my signature.

2005/1/26 7:48Profile

I'm new too... but I'll stick my neck out on this one. Max Lucado is definately a fine writer, and he does have a very simplistic and easy to understand way of getting his point across.

My issues w/ Max is that:

#1 he is an ordained minister of the Church of Christ denomination... which means that he believes that baptism is necessary for salvation. Clearly this is not the truth by scripture. This means he does not believe in salvation by faith alone... he adds works (baptism) to salvation.

#2 he is a radical ecumenist, meaning that he has no problems associated with churches that are not Bible believing churches... specifically the Roman Catholic Church. You will NEVER hear Max speak out against the Roman Catholic Church, and he does in fact consider them to be "brothers in Christ". Ask William Tyndale (when you get to heaven) what he thought of the Roman Catholic Church.

#3 he has no problem teaching from every modern Bible translation in print... no matter how bad the translation is.

Before someone accuses me of hating Max Lucado... I dont. But I do believe that considering his positions on the things I mentioned above, a warning certainly needs to be issued concerning Max Lucado... especially to new believers. I am in no way judging his salvation... thats not my place. But we are told to judge everything against the scriptures, and I believe when one does that concerning Max's beliefs... there are some serious problems.

He teaches some truth... but not all the truth, and not always the truth.

Krispy

2005/1/26 8:29
inotof

Morehead, KY

Re:

quote:

but if you take some time to hear speakers on this site like: A.W. Tozer, Vance Havner, Keith Daniel, Leonard Ravenhill and some others you will notice a difference.

There certainly is a huge difference between the messages found here and what is paraded as truth in many books and TV programs. I don't want to discredit Max, but alot of what he writes is, for lack of a better phrase, "fluffy". God loves us, indeed his love knows no bounds and he loves us more than we love him. However it is a dangerous thing to not temper the love of God with the price that was paid and the wrath of God.

2005/1/26 9:25Profile
Hyssop

Montana USA

Re:

I totally agree about tempering the love of god with the price that was paid.

I used to enjoy Max, I also agree that he is a very talented writer. The gospel he and many other modern teacher, preachers- preach, is so much more comfortable, but I'm tired of being too comfortable- I was getting lulled into the warm fuzzies, instead of being motivated my the bare bones in your face quality of the truth and blood and redemption.

Now I'm hungering for the stronger message- no holds barred truth, asking myself this; what can I DO to live for Him who died that I may have life?

I'm learning that living for Christ isn't about poseys and flowers and warm sunny afternoons, it is about learning to seek Him always, in pain and struggle and hungering for rightiousness and being forced to your needs at times and about learning the way of our master. He will give peace and joy, but living for Him isn't easy.

Sorry to go off on a tanget Max has his place in Christianity I know, people do respond to him. Yet personally I think that the modern preachers have gotten away from the whole truth- as Krispy mentioned already I think. ;-) and that is why I find sermonindex refreshing.

2005/1/26 10:39Profile

Re:

Yep Jill... taking up your cross daily is not fluffy!

I recommend downloading and listening to the Keith Green teachings called "Whats Wrong With The Gospel - Parts I-IV" on this site. He addressed this very thing...

Krispy

2005/1/26 10:42

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy