SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Salvations through faith in Jesus (thought I was replying...)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Joyful_Heart

Salvations through faith in Jesus (thought I was replying...)

Religion (Self Effort, Works)

Goal: reach out ot God, try to work your way into heaven
Means: diligent service & works, with hopes of a reward (heaven)
Power: good, honest effort through self-determination
Control: self-motivation and self control
Results: apathy, failure, chronic guilt, eternal separation from God
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Salvation Through Faith In Jesus Christ (Personal Relationship)
Goal: trust fully in Jesus, then live to please Him
Means: confess sins, repent, yield self to Jesus
Power: the Holy Spirit does God's work in and through us
Control: allow the Holy Spirit to control & direct our lives
Results: love, joy, peace, freedom, power eternal life in heaven,...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Religion vs Relationship With Jesus Christ

Religion can be very different than having a Relationship with God through Jesus Christ. Religions are man made, and are based on trying to get to God through rules and regulations and works. Man made religions all are based on people's efforts at reaching God and being made right with Him through their own efforts. God's plan for man's salvation and for being right with Him is told throughout the Bible, in the Old Testament and the New Testament. God's plan is not based on people's efforts and good works, but is based on His amazing Love and amazing Grace for us; His plan involved His precious Son Jesus paying the price and cost for our sins on the cross. You need to put ALL of your trust and faith in Jesus and in what He did for us on the cross, and not in any religion or in your own efforts. Simply put all of your trust and faith in Jesus, and accept His gift of salvation and eternal life, and experience the joy of having a right RELATIONSHIP of love with God.

http://www.intimacywithgod.com/religion.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(As for me I can spot them a mile away, they are always right, they are always looking at what they think is wrong in others instead of allowing the Holy Spirit to work in their lives, they think they are sent by God to correct. They look on the outer more than the inner, they think love is a cover up to sin, there is very little evidence of having the fruit of the spirit in their lives, they do not walk in the spirit, they are blinded by self-righteousness, they are proud in their humility, they will not allow people to come to Jesus as they are without first trying to clean them up etc.

The Holy Spirit cannot dwell with the pharisee spirit for long. I had rather be in a room full of sinners or new believers with the joy of the Lord as their righteousness & still old habits than a room full of stuffy pharisees. Hmmm, I think Jesus said something of the same only stronger.

Oh, Lord, shine the light on any pharisee spirit that may dwell in us that we may quickly repent and be filled with the Holy Spirit. If we walk in the Spirit we will not fulfill the lust of the flesh. Galatians 5. And for those who have not been baptized in the Holy Spirit - pray and ask God for it. That will get rid of that Pharisee spirit. PTL. Acts 14-17

In love

In hate for the spirit of the pharisee.

2012/2/18 10:16Profile

Re: Salvations through faith in Jesus (thought I was replying...)

A friend of mine remarked our walk with Jesus is relational, not regulational.

Blaine

2012/2/18 12:14

Re: Salvations through faith in Jesus (thought I was replying...)

Quote:
Results: apathy, failure, chronic guilt, eternal separation from God

Dear brother, I haven’t seen anywhere in scripture that says doing the will of our Creator leads to failure have you? What then shall we do with these verses?

Revelation 22:12---behold, I come quickly; and my reward [is] with me, to give every man according as his WORK shall be.

James 2 :18 But someone may well say, "You have faith and I have works; show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works." Verse 20: ARE YOU WILLING TO KNOW, OH VAIN MAN, THAT FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD?

I am not the smartest chap in in the room but the scriptures seems to be pretty clear on this matter.

We are to “work out our own salvation with fear and trembling” most Christians would rather characterize this as having a Pharisaic spirit . They say things they don’t understand.

Quote:
A friend of mine remarked our walk with Jesus is relational, not regulational.

Tell me, how can you have a relationship with the Messiah while disregarding his instructions? the same commandments that will enhance your spiritual relationship with him. Does this make any sense to you?

2012/2/18 12:59

Re: theEphah

Oh brother, i think u misunderstood this thread. Put in a simple way, the pharisee seeks to follow a regulation just for gratification of conscience (which is self righteousness). While the other seek a relationship with God just for the sake of love, his keeping the regulation of God is not out of a sense of compulsion or duty, but out of love for God. And oh how sweet is this. This is real christianity.

2012/2/18 18:35
othniel

re:Salvation through faith in Jesus (thought I was replying...)

Hello Ephah please pm me. [email protected] Othniel

2012/2/18 21:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy