SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Kent Hovind: The Real Story Behind His Incarceration

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
shornlamb

Germany

Re: Kent Hovind

I can only praise the Lord for His servant Kent and for using him to greatly strengthen and bless me -- especially in my love and hunger for God's infallable and precious Word.

I believe the only really valid reason why Kent is at present in prison (having now served just over 5 of his 10-year sentence) is that the heavenly Father has ordained that he be there - just as the Lord Jesus explained to Pilate, "Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above" (John 19:11).

And just as the Father placed Joseph and many others of His children in prison, so I feel He has done with Kent. Already in prison Kent has been and is a continual blessing to a multitude of prisoners. Perhaps the Father is preparing him, as He did Joseph, for a greater and deeper ministry when he gets out - not a moment sooner or later than ordained from above.

Let's talk about our brother, but also write to him, encourage him and lift him and his new prison ministry up to the Father in prayer.

(His present address, by the way is:
Kent Hovind #06452-017
FPC Satellite Camp Florence
P.O. Box 5000
Florence, CO 81226 USA)

2012/2/24 8:23Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: Kent Hovind: The Real Story Behind His Incarceration

Quote:
DEADn wrote:
I remember I raised questions about this guy in another forum and I was labeled a hater. To some people he is their golden calf of creationism.

Boy, you are right about that, he is the golden calf of creationism to a LOT of Christians. (I was NOT in that crowd that labeled you a hater!) LOL

God bless,
Lisa

2012/2/24 9:09Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: Baliset

Quote:
baliset wrote:
Kent Hovind thought he didn't have to do that by speciously claiming that all his money "belonged to God". He didn't pay his taxes. When he was called out on it, he conspired to lie about it and hide his assets. He was convicted and his appeal was dismissed. End of story.

This reminds me of a guy I knew a while back who got fired for not doing his job. Anybody who would walk by him, he would stop working to talk to them about Jesus. So when he gets fired, he never admitted to not doing his job... he was being persecuted for the gospel. And that’s what he told everyone.

Even about the ugly things in us, we need to RECEIVE the love of the truth that we might be saved or GOD WILL send us a strong delusion that we might believe a lie. (2 Thess 2.10)

God bless,
Lisa

2012/2/24 9:10Profile

Re: If we are going to talk persecition.......

If we are going to speak about persecutions of Christians in America.......Then what of the Denver school teacher fired from his teaching job for reading his New Testament on his own time? What of the young high school student gunned down by a crazed gunman when he asked her if she believed in Jesus and her response was yet?. What of the California home that's under citation for holding a Bibke study in their home and yet other homes in their neighborhoods can have Amway or Tubbleware parties without fear of reprisal? What of the highschool honor student who had the microphone rudely cit off when she attempted to praise Jesus for her scholastic abilities? What of a pastor in Oklahoma who was run out of an evangelical church for preaching the truth? What of two young men arrested in Detroit for passing out New Testament at a Moslem festival and yet moslems can bring their holy book into jobs and scools and preach Islam. What of a young Moslem woman who recently converted to Christ who is still in hiding because she fears that her family will take her life. That is in this country.........

The above are just a small.smattering of actual cases of people being persecuted for following Christ. And that is in this country. These are law abiding people who do follow the law and do pay their taxes. There is no weird rationalization for not complying with the tax code. These people are persecuted because they follow Jesus.

Do I believe persecution is coming to America. Yes. And saints there are things happening that you think you were watching Shadow in the Land. That was a movie that came out in the 60's. Google it. You will find it interesting. But this website is for Christ-centered revival I will post on that.

But let the record be clear about who is really standing and suffering for Christ in America. And I dare say the rest of the story will soon follow.

Blaine Scogin

2012/2/24 11:02
savedtoserve

Re:

Quote:
This reminds me of a guy I knew a while back who got fired for not doing his job.

Hmmm...if it reminds you of that, you must not have read the original article posted. I mean, you can ignore what he shows from the scripture, and you can repeat the line about how "he lied," but if you don't show evidence, there's no standing.

Quote:
Do I believe persecution is coming to America.

It's already here, not coming, though it will surely get worse, as God promised. Martyr, you speak of "law-abiding people," insinuating that Brother Hovind is not among those. Fine, but I would respectfully point out that "law-abiding" is not the single test of godliness or faithfulness in this land anymore. For the most part, maybe; but so many ridiculous and unbiblical laws are being made (and are already made) that being an outlaw will be the sign of faithful Christians soon enough.

2012/2/24 18:34Profile

Re: Savedtoserve

Brother was this man jailed for being a follower of Jesus Christ? Is be in prison for preaching the gospel? Does he stand to be executed for his faith in Jesus?

I think we both know the answer to the above questions is no. The brother you speak of appears to be incarcerated because he did not render to Caesar the things that are Caesars. I, as well as any other U S. citizen must file an income tax return by April 15. While not the most spritual of activities we are compelled by Federal law and Romans 13 to do this.

The only political statement Jesus ever made was give to Caesar the things that are Caesars and to God the things that are God's. Bottom line Jesus was saying pay your taxes and you will stay out of trouble with the government. And the taxes were very unfair in Jesus day.

Now when Caesar compells us to worship him or swear allegiance to the state or commands we not believe and preach Christ, then you have an issue. When we are commanded to take a chip or marc to prove you are a loyal citizen then you have an issue. Should we resist such. By all means. But we must be prepared for prison and even death. For this will be the cost of following Jesus in the days ahead.

Blaine Scogin

2012/2/24 19:30
carters

Australia

Re:

Well the main thing that stands out for us about Kent Hovind is how many souls he is winning for Christ in prison!!! We read his blogs and this guy is presenting the gospel to everything that moves in prison, and hardened prisoners are coming to know the Lord.

WE have even had an opportunity, through Kent Hovind, to send gospel information to other prisoners, who are in need. The lost and the prisoners are hearing the Word of God - "that" is what counts!!

Praise and glory to Jesus.

2012/2/25 2:00Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re: Kent Hovind: The Real Story Behind His Incarceration

I personally think that we (Christians) should pay taxes. However, I also count Kent Hovind as a brother in the Lord. The sum of what I see about him is that he lives what he believes. I don't agree with his view on everything, but I doubt anyone would agree with me on everything, either.

2012/2/25 11:53Profile

Re:

Anen that God is using this brother, even in prison. Before everything is said and done this brother may have to show us how to do prison ministry.

Blaine

2012/2/25 13:33
savedtoserve

Re:

Quote:
Well the main thing that stands out for us about Kent Hovind is how many souls he is winning for Christ in prison!!! We read his blogs and this guy is presenting the gospel to everything that moves in prison, and hardened prisoners are coming to know the Lord.

WE have even had an opportunity, through Kent Hovind, to send gospel information to other prisoners, who are in need. The lost and the prisoners are hearing the Word of God - "that" is what counts!!

Praise and glory to Jesus.

Amen, glory to HIM!!

Quote:
The brother you speak of appears to be incarcerated because he did not render to Caesar the things that are Caesars.

Appearances are deceiving; I already explained that what he didn't render to Caesar was because it wasn't Caesar's but God's! So instead, what was God's was rendered to God! I'm not trying to change your mind on this, but it's important to remember that God has different battles for different people. You portray it as if it's not what God would have for you, then it's not what God has for anyone, but that's not how God works.

Quote:
Bottom line Jesus was saying pay your taxes and you will stay out of trouble with the government. And the taxes were very unfair in Jesus day.

Pay YOUR taxes, yes; the church is not OURS, nor is it the governments and therefore, it would be unbiblical to pay taxes on it. It's not about unfairness I'm worried about, but about the unbiblical aspect of it. And paying taxes will NOT keep us out of trouble with government, either! What about the couple who was thrown in jail for homeschooling? They paid their taxes.

Following is a quote that shows Kent's legal standing as well, from http://ecclesia.org/truth/501-church.html

Quote:
According to the Internal Revenue Code, "a church, its integrated auxiliaries, and conventions and associations of the church are excluded from taxation." United States Code, Title 26, § 508(c)(1)(A).

Section 508(c) of the Internal Revenue Code provides that churches are not required to apply for recognition of Section 501(c)(3) status in order to be exempt from federal taxation or to receive tax deductible contributions. Churches are automatically exempt from Federal income tax, and contributions to churches are deductible by donors under section 170.

2012/2/25 15:46Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy