SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Kent Hovind: The Real Story Behind His Incarceration

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
rickyearle

Kent Hovind: The Real Story Behind His Incarceration

"He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him." Proverb 18:13

(In Kent's own words):

http://2peter3.com/real_story.html

2012/2/17 22:11Profile
keepstanding

UK

Re: Kent Hovind: The Real Story Behind His Incarceration

Hi Rckyearle,

Thanks for posting this I will certainly have a read of it. I have Kent Hovinds Creation series DVD’s (The age of the earth) and have found them such a blessing, when I first become a christian they gave me some brilliant answers to questions I had, and freed me from much doubt I had after being fed the lies of the world for so long via secular school’s. They have also been an excellent tool to pull down people’s evolution lies, and to point them to the truth of our creator with much evidence of a young earth. I was very disappointed when Dr Hovind went to prison but was never really sure what to believe, although it is clear that he loves the Lord, so I am looking forward to reading this.

2012/2/18 5:38Profile
rickyearle

Re:

This information is very, very important to be read.

2012/2/18 9:46Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

I have to ask that with so many things seemingly going against this Kent guy, can a christian say he is innocent?

I remember I raised questions about this guys in another forum and I was labeled a hater. To some people he is their golden calf of creationism. What is the reality of his situation?

2012/2/18 9:54Profile

Re: Still puzzled????

I have read the info and I am still puzzled. The brother is making it appear the government is out to get him and he is being persecuted for the faith. Yet on the surface it appears some legal rechnicities were violated and he is having to serve time for such. Again not knowing the particulars I cannot comment intelligently. Just some initial impressions of what I gleamed when reading the info.

It seems we as believers should comply with Caesar in obeying all laws provided such laws do not conflict with the gospel. I am not sure if this was the case.

I can hardly say this compares to Christians who are imprisoned for Christ in China or Iran. I can only pray the brother learns from this situation and be used of God in prison or out of prison.

Again just my 1 cent worth.

Blaine

2012/2/18 12:28
keepstanding

UK

Re:

Well after reading this I do feel that Dr Hovind Should have rendered to Caesar what is Caesar’s in regards to his employees, but I also have no doubt that there is some persecution from the authorities going on. I think the problem is the sad reality that America is no longer run by ‘the constitution’, it is run by Washington D.C., the US government.

I still believe that Dr Hovind loves the Lord and if there is something in his heart that is not quite submitted to the Lord then that is for God to deal with. Either way the ministry that the Lord has given to him has been a blessing to me.

2012/2/18 14:35Profile
savedtoserve

Re:

You all might understand his situation better if you were familiar with the unregistered church movement in America. They do believe in rendering to Caesar what is Caesar's, and that's the key distinction here: that the church has never been, is not, and never will be, Caesar's authority, but God's! American Christians applaud the Christians in the east for taking this stand, but somehow think they're exempted from the same stand. What Bro. Hovind did was just follow through with this (scriptural) reasoning; his case is similar to Greg Dixon of IBT.

When you look at the charges of these kind of cases, martyr, you ought to have the presupposition of "innocent until proven guilty." A whole list of charges can many times just mean you're dealing with accusers who have zero integrity.

I appreciate articles like these, of his own words. Thanks for posting it!

2012/2/21 15:29Profile
baliset

Sydney, Australia

Re: Kent Hovind, serial fraud

Kent Hovind is a serial fraud, and it would be mistaken to defend him on the basis of his belief in Young Earth Creationism and to assume that he has been persecuted for his faith. If you are a patriotic citizen, who believes that you have a civic duty to make your contribution via taxes to the health, police, defence, public infrastructure, libraries, etc of your nation, all you need to know is this: Kent Hovind thought he didn't have to do that by speciously claiming that all his money "belonged to God". He didn't pay his taxes. When he was called out on it, he conspired to lie about it and hide his assets. He was convicted and his appeal was dismissed. End of story.

Meanwhile, there wasn't a conspiracy theory Kent hasn't met and liked instantly. 9-11? The 'gummint did it. The Apollo moon landings? Staged. That fluoride in the water that stops your kids teeth from falling out? A mind-control chemical. Does someone you love have cancer? Kent tells them to stop their chemotherapy because they'll live longer. And Dinosaurs? Why, the jungles of Indonesia are full of them, if only you had sent more money for Kent to prove it.

That screed written by Kent that you've cited? Why, Kent can't even help but lie in that, too. Kent quotes Thomas Jefferson relating a surprisingly current observation about banks. Turns out, of course, that Jefferson never said it:

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/jefferson/banks.asp

Guys, there's plenty of information out there on Kent. By my reckoning he's about half way through his stretch in jail. In all that time, when he's written publicly, it's to tell us about all the conversations he's had with God and why *you* need to heed Kent as God's man.
I'd be more impressed if he just wrote "I did the wrong thing and I'm sorry."

Check here for more information:

http://baliset.blogspot.com.au/2007/07/when-you-cant-convince-unreason.html

http://web.archive.org/web/20071230131716/http://www.kent-hovind.com/

2012/2/21 17:46Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

baliset.

I read some of your blog. Praying for you friend. Be blessed!

2012/2/21 23:35Profile
savedtoserve

Re:

baliset,

Conspiracy theories? Everyone's entitled to their own opinion...how does his "liking" for them give any evidence against his innocency??

Quote:
If you are a patriotic citizen, who believes that you have a civic duty to make your contribution via taxes to the health, police, defence, public infrastructure, libraries, etc of your nation

We ought to be heavenly citizens first and foremost, and earthly citizens second (or third!). If our allegiance is anywhere except to the Lord, it's in the wrong place. "We ought to obey God rather than men."

Brother Hovind's "evasion of taxes" would have been legal (according to the Constitution, just for one) if we were dealing with a court system of justice and integrity. The problem is that it is everything but that. They can make the laws say ANYTHING they want them to say and/or ignore any law they want to.

Barring exceptions, the police are no longer "your friend," and neither is the government, if you're a Christian who believes and lives by the Bible.

There will always be two sides to this issue...This link explains some of what I've been saying.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evolution%20Hoax/dr_hovind.htm

2012/2/23 12:13Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy