SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : tattoos?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
luke673

Tennessee

tattoos?

recently had a discussion with a christian friend about tattos. do you think that its ok for christians to get them? i know the law in the old testement forbid isreal from doing this what is your thoughts? can christians get them or no?

2012/2/16 20:25Profile
joliboy11

Philippines

Re: tattoos?

I have ask that question before... in urban places, I think it is worldliness.. it is a way to be 'in' in the world... it is not modest, the Word ways that God looks on the heart and not in outward appearance... our appearance somehow reveals our inner intentions...
in other countries it 'tattoos' means a different thing, in cities it is 'cool' but tattoos and piercings is a sign of bondage or submission (like earrings for girls) but those wild and annoying tattoos, God knows our intentions even we make excuses...
but if ever you have a tattoo permanently, God will accept you if you surrender to Him...

2012/2/16 20:44Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Thing is Christians like to refer to the law for situations like this yet if one stops to think- are we going to pick and choose when to use the Law and when not to? Sometimes it tends to be a golden calf for us especially those of us who are opposed to tattoos.

It is my opinion that tatoos express who some people are and they want to show it off on their body. It is only my opinion that it is foolishness to do such a thing. Then you might have the person who is using 'christian' tattoos to cover up and add to the bad tattoos. I have no opinion on it. I do think the regardless of my opinion on it if Christian look down on those with tattoos then it shows where your heart probably is-on the outside appearance while neglecting the inward man. Something to think about.

2012/2/16 21:30Profile
luke673

Tennessee

I think that all people should be excepted with tattoos. if it was done before conversion. however a professing christion that gets one i think is wrong, I may be wrong, I think this because our bodies should be the temple of God when people look at us they should see christ. he lives within us, just like he did in old testement tent or temple, and i wouldnt spray paint the outside of those. but I may be wrong about this topic i dont know thats why i asked i want opinions. but definatly we wouldnt turn someone away that doesnt know christ because of a tattoo. paul said we where to live as we where called.

2012/2/16 21:51Profile
Enochh

Indianapolis

I for one have over a dozen tattoos. whats the purpose of them. "skin art" for others to see. When I draw men to my"art", my talents, my house, my auto its about me...look at me. as a christian isnt it suppose to be as John the Baptist put it "He must increase and I must decrease". any attempt to tattoo, pierce, lift this or tuck that is so YOU get the spotlight not the Lord. So people notice you. there is no defense for a christian to get tattoos.......oh and my newest one is 22 years old. prior to my salvation.

2012/2/16 22:08Profile
luke673

Tennessee

Re: Enochh

I agree with what you said Enochh. There is no defense. And since they where prior to your salvation they should be 100% excepted. We should have no desire to draw any attention to ourselves but only to Christ.

2012/2/16 22:43Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy