SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Being A Pharisee And Not Knowing It! by Greg Gordon

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Paul learned a good lesson from watching Stephen, though it didn't save him - but The LORD did.

Stephen's story was told recently and his final words should ring in our hearts as well, as they're the words that Jesus spoke from the cross ... "And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, "Lord, lay not this sin to their charge." And when he had said this, he fell asleep."

1Co 9:19-23 For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more. And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law; To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.
To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.
And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.

1Cor 10:23-33 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.
Let no man seek his own, but every man another's wealth.
Whatsoever is sold in the shambles, that eat, asking no question for conscience sake: for the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof.
If any of them that believe not bid you to a feast, and ye be disposed to go; whatsoever is set before you, eat, asking no question for conscience sake.
But if any man say unto you, This is offered in sacrifice unto idols, eat not for his sake that shewed it, and for conscience sake: for the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof:
Conscience, I say, not thine own, but of the other: for why is my liberty judged of another man's conscience?
For if I by grace be a partaker, why am I evil spoken of for that for which I give thanks?
Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God; even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.

Romans chpt 14

No where in His Word does it teach us to 'hate' - except to hate sin - not people. Quite the contrary, we're told we are perfected by His love for others, even 'pharisees', that we somehow personally perceive as our 'enemies'.

Heb 12:15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness/hatred springing up trouble you,
and thereby many be defiled...

Thank you LORD GOD for the example of your Son and Stephen.

2012/2/18 11:24

Re:

Out of the blue, was just reminded of Carter Conlon's sermon, "Beware of The Angry Watchmen".

I do believe it was preached in love.

From all that I recollect - Jesus condemned the pharisees for their lack of love for GOD and others.

That was their Number One Main problem.
They weren't condemned for 'keeping' the Commandments - but for neglecting the Main two.

Joh 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

2012/2/18 12:06
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
A Pharisee does not have a great love for the Person of Jesus Christ but only for their performance and repentance that they feel God will accept. May we truly repent of this heart-attitude if it is found in us. Our Lord has such compassion and weeping over you even if you do not realize you are a Pharisee. Come to Jesus today and pray: "Lord, I love you with all my heart, you purchased me with such a great price, I am yours and I do not have to prove myself to you. I am your slave. Use me how you will. If I have a hidden self-righteousness in me please Lord take it out. Pour your love out in my heart that I may love others as you love them."

This "love" will allow the working of the Spirit back in your life and allow you to share the great message of God's love with many. May God continue to keep us from being a Pharisee and not knowing it!

It is wonderful to hear some of the comments. May God use these meager words to impact and change our hearts. Lord keep me 100% free from a Pharisaic heart.

2012/2/18 13:09Profile

Re:

God is so amazing. Not 30 minutes ago I was talking w/a sister about the difference between discernment vs. being a Pharisee. Then 10 minutes ago the Lord showed me how I've been a Pharisee in raising my young son, and in thinking towards others. Then I just opened the computer to this site and this post jumped out at me.

Praise the Lord for His mercy and loving grace in showing me these things. I pray He continues to reveal these things in our hearts which grieve Him so that we can repent now and not at the judgment seat. I'm so grateful also for my sweet son's forgiving heart. I pray I don't ever become a hindrance to his faith, I pray for complete deliverance from this sin heart condition and that the joy of the Lord and the fruits thereof would abound. I pray we all receive hearts of mercy, grace unabounding and love for all. That the Lord breaks our hearts for what breaks His, for enduring patience, wisdom, discernment, guidance, joy and mercy for all. In Jesus name.

2012/2/18 14:36

Re:

Jesus please guard us from hearts if Pharisseism. Our Savior please give us hearts yielded to your precious Spirit by which we can manifest his blessed fruit. In your blessed name I pray. Amen.

Blaine

2012/2/18 14:52

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy