Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Working conditions in China

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

Hi Jimdied,

I understand a little bit about India. There is a massive underclass of people who could only dream of $4 an hour. This caste system has been entrenched for centuries. The middle class have such a bad attitude towards those who they consider to be beneath them in India. Only God Himself can take an untouchable and transform him. Only God Himself would be interested in such an endevor. It makes my heart cry with tears of joy to know that I worship a God who looks at the inner man, who takes paupers and raises them up to be priests in a royal priesthood and is no respector of persons. All men are equal in the eyes of God, this is antithetical to the ways of the world, praise the Lord. This is an old line from a hymn, consider this..... "If salvation was a thing that money could buy, then the rich would live and the poor would die." This is so true. All the riches of the world cannot buy the gold and treasures of a Holy God who gives to all men freely through the bloody battle-field of Calvary. Can i get an amen brothers and sisters? ..... brother Frank

2012/2/16 23:56
Compton

Re:

Interesting information for sure Jimdied. I guess because we are talking about the entire global economy, the dynamics can be quite varied and complex.

Frank, perhaps my last sentence was nothing more then a sigh of despair and therefore not edifying.

You know since we last talked offline, I have been given more responsibility at my company. I am seeking God daily on how to not exploit people's labor in anyway, and to make sure that everyone is treated by biblical standards, and not mere secular business ethics. Seeing even the smallest glimpse of the Kingdom of God is a reward much higher then making money.

Our spheres of influence may be small, but with the Lord's help we can be a light.

Blessings everyone,

MC

2012/2/17 1:19Profile

Re:

Hi brother MC

I have no doubt in my mind that you would treat everyone fairly bro, praise the Lord. You are indeed His light............bro Frank

2012/2/17 10:37
Compton

Re:

Bless you Frank.

2012/2/17 12:58Profile

Re:

I in no way want to downplay the struggles of poor brethren around the world. I just wanted to share some of what I have learned. Working with Indian coworkers has also shown me first hand that a small amount of money given to support brethren there is worth much more. That $20 US becomes $100 in India. God bless - Jim

2012/2/17 17:05

Re:

I have heard of the problems in the China factories and it grieves me as I am sure it does the Spirit of God. To hear of those in need and to not do anything about it would be unbiblical and unethical. We can do our part by humbling ourselves daily before God and allow Him to use and guide us by His Spirit. “If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food, and one of you says to them, ‘Go in peace, be warmed and be filled,’ and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that?”

I was recently privileged to listen to a television show: "Made in America: Trend against outsourcing brings jobs back from China," please find link below. I was touched by the compassion of this business man to help his neighbor.

I have recently lost my job and I am going back to school to hopefully get a degree that will open more doors in the future. My heart is open to God to learn how to support oversees missions and recently a brother mentioned that at times, as the Spirit leads, it is better to support a native Christian Missionary in China, India, Africa, etc., then to send our U.S. missionaries. I personally have to learn how to provide for my family spiritually, physically, and materially and when there is the opportunity I want to help my neighbor.

Even though we hear of the suffering in China and other countries we must not forget the promises of God to His people that He will bless them spiritually and provide ALL their needs according to His riches and glory in Christ Jesus. I have heard more powerful testimonies coming from other poor and persecuted countries in comparison to what we are experiencing here in the states. I hear of the power of God being so strong that the lame are walking, the blind are healed, the captives are being set free, and the saints are being daily transformed into the image of Christ while bringing glory to His name. Sometimes I ponder the thought that we need missionaries from some of these countries to come here to the states to call us unto true repentance, to provide us an example of those who are truly following Christ so that we can live a crucified and abounding life in Christ. Here is the link below:

http://rockcenter.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/01/14/10156162-made-in-america-trend-against-outsourcing-brings-jobs-back-from-china

-Kenneth Martin

2012/2/17 18:42

Re:

The sheep and goats - David Servant.

Here is a short 30 minute or so testimony of a former AOG prosperity preacher who repented and started a wonderful ministry to poor brethren across the globe (Heavens Family).

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=16428&commentView=itemComments

2012/2/18 21:20

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy