SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Rebuking the devil

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
lindi1208

Rebuking the devil

Zechariah 3;2

And the Lord said to Satan, “The Lord rebuke you, Satan! The Lord who has chosen Jerusalem rebuke you! Is this not a brand plucked from the fire?”
-------------------
Jude 9
Yet Michael the archangel, in contending with the devil, when he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a reviling accusation, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!”
------------

Is there anyone who has a fuller understanding of these two scriptures? Both scriptures talk about rebuking the devil. What I have found striking is how instead of a direct rebuke to the devil the scriptures say " The Lord rebuke you Satan". This has often made me wonder if we as believers have the right to rebuke the devil directly as done by many true believers.
In light of the two scriptures should our rebukes rather be indirect through prayers, resisting and trusting God to act as He wills?

Lindi

2012/2/15 13:36Profile
MichaelLiao

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: Rebuking the devil

Hello lindi1208,

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=18537&commentView=itemComments

This is a sermon on spiritual warfare by Mark Greening on this particular subject.

In Christ,

- Michael Liao

2012/2/15 13:47Profile
Sree

Re: Rebuking the devil

Hi Lindi,

Both these verses Zech 3:2 and Jude 9 are spoken by an Angel of God. At least that is how it appears to me. Then how do you take these verses to analyze the authority that believers have over Satan?

Zech 3:2, is a verse that God showed me when I was first asked to share the word of God in a meeting. After I got this request to share, I was praying for God to show me whether I had the anointing to share. But I was discouraged heavily by Satan who pointed out my past sins showing that I do not have any credibility to share among believers. Then God showed me this verse speaking to me that he is in my side in this battle and he rebuked Satan. It gave me so much assurance in God's mercy on me. I accepted the request and responded positively to share the word of God.

2012/2/15 15:24Profile

Can't have one without the other.

If I had no authority to rebuke Satan, then I would certainly have no authority to cast him out.

2012/2/15 15:29

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy