SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : In Tennessee

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Yodi

Escondido, California

In Tennessee

Hey, all y'all. Was that right? I'm in Tennessee visiting friends for a week. It's been quite... an experience! I've never been in the south before, in the Bible belt.

Anyway, I'm just on here real quick to let you all know that I'm here, to pray for me if you feel led to and just to quickly share what God's done.

First off, I've had some awesome fellowship! I got to go to a church on Sunday that wasn't a Calvary Chapel. It was a Vineyard. The way the congregation worshiped... wasn't what I was used to, but definitely nothing unbiblical and the message was awesome! The teaching was out of Romans 8, about our liberties, consciences and sensitivities to other believers. I met a Christian lady on Sunday too who has been to the Ukraine a couple times with her husband and she gave me all this useful information. She gave me a website address to a program she's using to learn Russian. I'm so excited! She is like so smart and has lots of contacts. I think it was a total God thing that I met her! I myself am studying Russian and plan on returning to the Ukraine on a mission trip this summer.

So anyway, just wanted to share a bit on the awesome things God is doing out here and ask you guys to keep me in your prayers.

2005/1/25 13:08Profile
Spitfire

Re: In Tennessee

Hey Yodi! Welcome to Tennessee. Isn't it beautiful? I've never been to California. Maybe someday. Enjoy your time here. Love, Dian.

2005/1/25 14:37Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
She gave me a website address to a program she's using to learn Russian. I'm so excited! She is like so smart and has lots of contacts. I think it was a total God thing that I met her! I myself am studying Russian and plan on returning to the Ukraine on a mission trip this summer.

Thats awesome yolanda, I am praying the Lord will bless you and give you some awesome experiences. Meeting that lady that directed you to russian resources is definetly a God thing! have a great rest of your trip and make sure you take some photos :-P

2005/1/26 16:14Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

Quote:
Hey Yodi! Welcome to Tennessee. Isn't it beautiful? I've never been to California. Maybe someday. Enjoy your time here. Love, Dian.

Yes, it is beautiful. [laughs] Earlier Meagan had me go in her neighbor's fields so I could take pictures of cows. There was a sign posted about not trespassing, but she assured me that she had permission from her neighbor to frolic in their fields. I hope I got some good pictures.

I've seen wild turkey along the road, which was pretty cool. And I [i]love[/i] the woods! I took a picture of the creek (crik) earlier too that's behind Meagan's house, the girl I'm staying with and her family.

Another thing I love is that houses are just plopped down in a middle of a field. No fences. That's cool. While driving down the roads, Shannon has told me what famous people live where. I didn't realize there were so many famous people living in Tennessee. I would even say more than are in Hollywood, CA.

Okay, well this is probably boring most people, so this is all I have to say. Oh wait, I do have to say that I went to the Opry Mills Mall and that was pretty cool! Got several Christian books on discount at an awesome Christian bookstore! Saw the Grand Ol' Opry as well. And... I'll go now before the rest of you fall asleep at your keyboards.

2005/1/26 16:16Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

Quote:
Thats awesome yolanda, I am praying the Lord will bless you and give you some awesome experiences. Meeting that lady that directed you to russian resources is definetly a God thing! have a great rest of your trip and make sure you take some photos

Crazy! You posted seconds before me! Yes Gregory, I went on a walk with Meagan earlier to snap those photos. She helped me take pictures of her pets too. :-)

Yes, that lady that hooked me up with Russian resources, her website is www.closerstill.com. I haven't had the time to check it out yet, but I plan to when I get home. She gave me www.language-bridge.com to help me study Russian and gave me a site to an online Christian Russian radio station. Can't wait to bug people at work with it. Just kidding!

Yesterday, I also remembered, after organizing my mess, that I had met a lady at the San Diego airport who saw me reading my Bible. She gave me a website as well to some Jewish guy named Ariel and I guess it has resources that help you study through the Bible. So I'll have to check that out as well. It was crazy, she gave me her home phone number in Florida and everything. You know, I did my part in trying to promote Sermon Index. ;-)

Tonight I'm going to a youth group gathering at the pastor's house of the Vineyard this family attends. I'm excited because my old youth pastor, from when I was in Jr. High, is going to teach. It's going to be like good ol' times... sort of. So I'm excited about what he's going to teach.

Okay... trying not to bore Meagan here who's watching me type. Talk to all ya'll later.

2005/1/26 16:27Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
ya'll

nice I see you are picking up the tennessian accent alright eh! :-P

2005/1/26 16:38Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy