SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus || True Christianity by Leonard Ravenhill

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus || True Christianity by Leonard Ravenhill

Saints,

This is a response video to: "Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus" - What is the christian life? Easiness, welfare, prosperity, pleasures? NO! Christian life is a life of sacrifice, disclaim, agony, to burden ourselves the marks of the Lord, to be like Him, to live like He did, to suffer like He did, to walk so close to Him that people will think you are Him. This is CHRISTIAN LIFE!

In light of the current 18 million video about Jesus going around, lets promote a more truer picture of the cost of Christianity, share this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MggVu_FY7ac

2012/2/13 2:06Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus || True Christianity by Leonard Ravenhill

You need to listen to this.

2012/2/13 7:53Profile

Re: Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus || True Christianity by Leonard Ravenhill

I'm not exactly a fan of the mentioned popular video that was going around. However, I'd hardly say that it paints the Christian life to be "Easiness, welfare, prosperity, pleasures".

There is much said on this website about true and false gospels, and the general sentiment of which I agree with. The Christian life is no picnic.

However, surely this is also true - if your gospel is not good news (the very meaning of 'euangelion') it is no gospel at all.

2012/2/13 10:14
hoohoou

Texas

Aren't they basically saying the same thing.

"All for Jesus!"

That's the theme of both these clips. I don't think the new one was saying sin was OK. I think he was touching on where we all begin in Christ. He's saying religion alone is nothing by a whitewashed tomb.

Following rules will never amount to anything. Once you truly see what Christ has done for you then you are no longer following rules. Through prayer, study and meditation you will become more like Christ which means you do fewer things that grieve Christ.

He's speaking to a segment of people which put the cart (works) before the horse (Jesus' atoning death).

2012/2/13 10:32Profile
notlongnow

That's a great response video.

Share it around, spread it around.

2012/2/14 3:13Profile
ritowe

Re:

Some people really tend to believe on an image but not on the whole point of the religion that surrounds it, which is quite frankly better sounding to me, personally. I mean, you could choose to believe on that person but not on what the groups behind him does. It is a very common thought and probably something that should be considered by a lot of other people.

2012/2/14 3:29Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

There's no one like Leonard Ravenhill, that's for sure! I loved this response video.

I liked the original "Why I Hate Religion" video as well, a lot. I can't speak for the author but I don't believe he was against religion per se but against the "institution" of religion - like the pharisee's had. "A form a godliness but denying the power thereof, from such turn away."

God bless,
Lisa

2012/2/14 8:11Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy