SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What does victory Look like?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
andres

texas,brownsville

What does victory Look like?

What does true Victory look like in a Believers Life?
thanks
andy

2012/2/12 23:17Profile
dvndsn

Kentucky

Re: What does victory Look like?

Do you mean in this life? If so, I would look to Jesus. The only example ever to follow would be Jesus. Giving God all the glory, all the time, perfectly. But since we are not Jesus, and simpy cannot do that because of sin, I would say victory in a believers life is always seeking to do those things.
Never ceasing in seeking to do those things, but always realizing of their shortcomings; namely, that they will never be perfect. There is a sense of fulfillment in coming to that realization brother.

2012/2/12 23:41Profile
andres

texas,brownsville

Re:

thanks alot for your reply..

2012/2/13 9:41Profile
Sree

Victory in Christian life is to live more Christlike each day. One can measure Victory by comparing his past life with present life to see more Christ likeness. If Christ-likeness is lacking in this comparison then it means they are not moving forward but backward in their Christian life.

Like how Paul says,
Philippians 3:13:-
Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

We should forgot our short comings of yesterday and start each day with a hope that we can be more Jesus like. Bible says that we are predestined to be like Jesus, who is our forerunner. We will reach this destination only when we keep moving forward. If we stop moving no matter what our predestination is we will never reach there.

Any one who believes that he will never be Jesus like is an unbeliever in God's promise. Sadly many believers come to this state and call it realization because they do not no the truth and they spread unbelief which is a tool of Satan.

2 Peter 1:3:-Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord; seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us [d]by His own glory and [e]excellence.

So God has equipped us with everything that we need to live a Godly life like how Jesus lived. Why should we still keep thinking that we cannot make it?

In Exodus when Moses sends men to inspect the promise land only 2 men (Joshua and Caleb) believed that God has equipped them to defeat the Giants in the promise land and only they saw the Promise land. Rest of them who did the inspection and also those who believed them died in the desert.

2012/2/13 10:34Profile

Quote:
Why should we still keep thinking that we cannot make it?

Excellent analysis brother, very inspiring.

Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.Matthew 5:48

I believe that was an order, not a request.

2012/2/13 13:48
jimp

Re:

hi, i am perfect because i am in Christ and He is perfect.i have victory cause He is the victor. it is all about Jesus. you can not attain anything on your own. john 3:16 say that whosever believeth (eis) into Him shall have eternal (zoe) the life that only God has and can give.He has given me this life and has told me that no one or nothing can take me out of His loving arms.jimp

2012/2/13 15:56Profile
pilgrim777

Victory looks like Jesus

Resting in Him which brings peace, safety, freedom from fears, contentment, joy, love, compassion, kindness, understanding, and more.

Peace with God in your circumstances.

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Contentment is victory.

Php 4:12 I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.

Php 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Walking in grace and love towards others is victory.

1Co 15:56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

1Co 15:57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Freedom from all fear.
2Ti 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Filled with joy in the midst of trials is victory.
1Pe 1:8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

Able to withstand Satan's condemnations is victory. We stand "in Christ". "And having done all, STAND!"
Rom 8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Much more...Victory looks like Jesus, that is why we need to behold Him

Hebrews 12:1

Pilgrim

2012/2/13 16:14Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy