SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Would you please pray for Detroit?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
learjet

Would you please pray for Detroit?

Quote:
Last year, 43 percent of the babies born in Michigan were to single mothers. And even though Medicaid pays for birth control, half of the babies born here were to mothers on welfare. Eighteen percent were born to teenagers who already had at least one child. And nearly 1-in-5 new babies had mothers with no high school diploma.

In Michigan, poverty is as much a cultural problem as it is an economic one.

I spoke with an educator who is dealing with a single mother, mid-30s, with 12 children and a 13th on the way. The kids have an assortment of fathers with one thing in common — none married their mother. This woman's womb is a poverty factory.

Brothers and Sisters,

I found this article in the Detroit News and it grieved my heart.

http://bit.ly/yh1Isn

I don't support the views in that article in any way, but the statistics that he's using and the personal stories that he cites are real.

Would you please pray for the people in our city? We have some great believers here and I believe we will see great things but we need your prayers. Please pray that the Lord will soften people's hearts to the true gospel, and pray that He will bring in laborers into the harvest.

We need a sovereign move of God, nothing else will do.

Much love!

2012/2/12 19:12Profile

Re: Would you please pray for Detroit?

Learjet: Amen...and a breakthrough in the Racial arena that No Christian wants to address or admit. We are a racist church...if not just culturally...and it is a quandry....No one seems to be able to break it.

Good to have some salt there, like yourself, in the battle lines. Keep speaking out, and fellowshipping our black family....otherwise...keep knocking....Tom.

PS: I sent you my email with my phone number..

[email protected]

Hope you call....

2012/2/12 19:22
learjet

Re:

Hi Tom,

I did get your email and I'm sorry about the lack of response. I've been trying to juggle clients in my web development business and have had zero time to get back with anyone.

Ended up working all weekend but I'm THANKFUL to be working after being unemployed for 4 months during the summer (very stressful).

I promise I will get a hold of you, thanks for your patience my brother!

Much love!

2012/2/12 22:12Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Will pray brother.

2012/2/12 22:46Profile
rickyearle

Re: Would you please pray for Detroit?

"I spoke with an educator who is dealing with a single mother, mid-30s, with 12 children and a 13th on the way. The kids have an assortment of fathers with one thing in common — none married their mother. This woman's womb is a poverty factory."

This is better than her having had abortions, or silent abortions because she is on the birth control pill, or some other abortive device.

That woman above is stigmatized severely, yet the woman who has no children but has had ___ number of abortions, or has been on the pill for years is not seen as such.

2012/2/13 13:52Profile
learjet

Re:

Quote:
This is better than her having had abortions, or silent abortions because she is on the birth control pill, or some other abortive device.

That woman above is stigmatized severely, yet the woman who has no children but has had ___ number of abortions, or has been on the pill for years is not seen as such.

Overall the problem breaks down to: sin

Everyone wants to talk about pragmatic solutions yet no one wants to address the core issue, we need a move of God, He is our only hope.

I'm not Roman Catholic so I don't have a problem with birth control. If the fornication (sin) was taken care of, this wouldn't be an issue.

Let's pray that one of these kids will be the next George Whitfield or Paul the apostle.

Thanks for your reply!

2012/2/13 19:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy