SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : 4am???

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

:-D It's a great time to be 'awake' 8-)

2005/6/22 9:34Profile
disciplejosh

Southern California

Re: to the 'burden' for 4 am crew

All of you brothers and sisters who have this desire to get up at 4 am...

I am with you in this. Well over a year ago, the Lord began to wake me up at 4:09am every morning.. It was a season that lasted for months. Not trying to overspiritualize anything, but this was a definite special time with Jesus. The prayers were sweet, the word was speaking volumes, I was being dealt with, examined, rebuked, encouraged, counseled...time would fail me to tell what the Lord has born through it.

I want to encourage you all to go to this site and listen to these on revival, as this HAS been a great subject of discussion as of late.
[url=http://spiritualgold.com/catalog.php?series=re-]Three Sermons on Revival[/url]

In short, I have been seriously struggling with sleep, schedule, family, ministry and the need I am feeling to reprioritize and get back to the simplicity that is in Christ. I would earnestly covet your prayers in all these things, brothers and sisters.

It's not a 'be spiritual and you'd all better get up at 4am to pray', rather "walk in the spirit and allow Him to guide and direct how you spend your time and when you spend your time in prayer."

Don't overspiritualize it. Tell Him you want to be led of the Spirit and be well pleasing to Him in ALL that you do. Ask Him to bring your life back into harmony with Him and His will for your lives individually. And if He asks you to let go of some thing or someone, obey. His purpose is to get us to the place He is trying to get us.

(Those of you who desire to be obedient to the Lord and get up early to seek His face, pray for me as well, because I believe that is what He would have for me to do. I will lift you up as well.)

2005/6/22 14:17Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

Re: 4am???

We must remember when we were first in love, that love made us go looking for the one that was are love interest and to be around that person. Go figure it out... how much am I in love with the one who saved my life, will I do what ever it takes to near that person. 8-)

2005/6/22 16:03Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Brother Josh:

Quote:
In short, I have been seriously struggling with sleep, schedule, family, ministry and the need I am feeling to reprioritize and get back to the simplicity that is in Christ. I would earnestly covet your prayers in all these things, brothers and sisters.

You have them in all earnestness, knowing what you have poured out... must be re-filled. Similarly in the tug and pull, covet yours and others as well.

Without a doubt, this is all true:
Quote:
It's not a 'be spiritual and you'd all better get up at 4am to pray', rather "walk in the spirit and allow Him to guide and direct how you spend your time and when you spend your time in prayer."

Quote:
Don't overspiritualize it. Tell Him you want to be led of the Spirit and be well pleasing to Him in ALL that you do. Ask Him to bring your life back into harmony with Him and His will for your lives individually. And if He asks you to let go of some thing or someone, obey. His purpose is to get us to the place He is trying to get us.

Redundantly this was something that happened unbeknownest to me personally. Of late it has been even earlier, 3:00am for a number of months and now in the last couple of days back to 4:00 (Daylight savings time?...Just a smidge of levity here)

[u]But[/u] and here is the rub, it can still be quite the struggle to get through the difficulty to the simplicity of praying. Many things that must be fought through, other interests such as a good read, coming here [i]first[/i] and getting caught up in so many other thoughts, not bad or wrong nor legalistic, but what you alluded to...[i]being led by the Spirit[/i] and this is in need of repeating:
[b]His purpose is to get us to the place He is trying to get us[/b].

E.M. Bounds has been most helpful once again in sculpting the thought train back to prayer in earnest. So much more could be said, but we should not find it odd that there is resitance in this area, from ourselves, from the advesary. Nor would it be wise to pine away at our selves over times and wakings only that we just pray.

Quote:
(Those of you who desire to be obedient to the Lord and get up early to seek His face, pray for me as well, because I believe that is what He would have for me to do. I will lift you up as well.)

Having said all that comes before, if that desire is there to do so out of hunger and longing, which is a surety in this brothers case certainly pray the Lord will grant this. Finding that once the gears of the mind are sufficently jammed up enough for the silence to come through, that the prayers come out almost without words...

Ps 119:81

This may be a little disjointed, appropriate in one sense. Josh, the Lord knows, He knows all these things, my intercession will go on brother.

2005/6/22 16:46Profile
disciplejosh

Southern California

Re:

Mike,

This is a thought I have had come back/pop up constantly for the last two weeks...

Look at all the times through scripture where God's people were of one mind, one heart, one accord...and then look at what God did.

Lord, we're asking you to do the impossible.

2005/6/23 2:21Profile

Re: 4am???

Quote:
There is nothing wrong with doing your devotions at night before you go to bed either.

Amen! The evening can be viewed as the beginning of a new day.

We thank Thee that Thy church, unsleeping,
While earth rolls onward into light,
Through all the world her watch is keeping,
And rests not now by day or night.

As o’er each continent and island
The dawn leads on another day,
The voice of prayer is never silent,
Nor dies the strain of praise away.

The sun that bids us rest is waking
Our brethren ’neath the western sky,
And hour by hour fresh lips are making
Thy wondrous doings heard on high.

[url=http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/d/a/daythoug.htm]http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/d/a/daythoug.htm[/url]

2005/6/24 13:16
rocklife

usa

Re:

Quote:
Amen! The evening can be viewed as the beginning of a new day.

Jewish culture starts the day at sun down! Evening is the start of the new day (something to do with God's creation days).

2005/6/24 13:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy