SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : 4am???

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Glory to God! is what I want to say!

Man, as holy and as annointed as we get...still, we fall so so so short of the Glory.

You know what I'm gonna start praying in full travail earnestness?

M'Cheyne's prayer:

Oh Lord, make me as holy as a saved sinner can be!

2005/1/25 17:31
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Ask Almighty God for the grace needed to wake up at 4 am to pray. He will.

It just begins soley with a desire to know God more and spend more time with Him. Wesley was staying at an influntial house at night to have supper and after the fellow told him 'lets put up our legs and enjoy some good conversation' to which wesley replied 'I can't, I have an appointment at 4am actually 4am every morning.' and the fellow asked with who to which wesleys simple reply was "God." He retired early to keep this appointment and time with His master.

Like brother Jimmy said his girlfriend wakes up at 4am for work. That motivates her (money) to get up that early, should not God be that much of a motivation for us who call ourselves chrisitans and followers of Christ?

2005/1/25 18:47Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

Like brother Jimmy said his girlfriend wakes up at 4am for work. That motivates her (money) to get up that early, should not God be that much of a motivation for us who call ourselves chrisitans and followers of Christ?

I asked her a little bit about that today, and she told me very simply "I simply don't have any other choice." She HAS to be up at 4 am.

2005/1/25 20:36Profile
alanrepent

Re:

here's what worked for me. ask God to wake you up at 4 AM. don't set an alarm. not even a safety alarm in case you sleep in. just trust God. he'll do it. he even gave my brother ian nosebleeds to get him out of bed and ian never has nosebleeds. just trust God!

"And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed." (Mk. 1:35)

Jesus had to get up early for God. shouldn't we?

2005/1/25 21:10Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

here's what worked for me. ask God to wake you up at 4 AM. don't set an alarm. not even a safety alarm in case you sleep in. just trust God. he'll do it.

Indeed, if God wants you up then, He will wake you up then no doubt. I've had God wake me up many many times early in the morning. Just think, how in the world did people get up before the advent of the clock? What alarm did they have save for perhaps a few roosters?

2005/1/26 6:41Profile
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

EARLY MORNING BEING THE BEST TIME OF THE DAY

EARLY MORNING BEING THE BEST TIME OF THE DAY by Watchman Nee

What time should believers rise up every day?

A sister once put it well when she said, "How much a person loves the Lord can be judged primarily by the way he chooses between his bed and the Lord. Do you love your bed or the Lord more? If you love your bed more, you sleep a little longer. If you love the Lord more, you rise up a little earlier." She spoke these words more than thirty years ago. Yet they are still fresh to us today. A man must choose between his love for his bed and his love for the Lord. The more he loves the Lord, the more he will rise up early.

A Christian should rise up early because the early morning is the best time to meet the Lord. Except for those who are sick, all the brothers and sisters should rise up early. Actually, many sicknesses are not sicknesses at all. They become sicknesses because men love themselves too much. Other than those who are advised to rest by doctors, everyone should rise early. We do not want to go to extremes; we advise sick brothers and sisters to sleep more. However, the healthy ones should get up as early as possible. The best time to meet the Lord, to contact Him, and to fellowship with Him is early in the morning. Manna is gathered before the sun rises (Exo. 16:14-21). Anyone who wants to eat God's food should rise up early. When the sun waxes hot, manna melts and is gone. If we want to receive spiritual nourishment and spiritual edification, and if we want to have spiritual fellowship and spiritual supply, we need to rise up early. If we rise up late, the manna will be gone. The early morning is the very time when God dispenses His spiritual food and holy fellowship to His children. Whoever is late will not gather anything. Many children of God lead a sick life, not because they have spiritual problems, but because they rise up too late. Many children of God have no lack in consecration, zeal, or love, but they cannot live a normal Christian life because they rise up too late. Do not think that this is a small matter. Do not think that this has nothing to do with spirituality; it has much to do with spirituality. Many people are not spiritual because they rise up too late. Many people have been Christians for years, yet they fail to live a proper Christian life because they rise up too late. We do not know of anyone who knows how to pray, yet rises up late. Nor do we know of anyone who has intimate fellowship with God, yet rises up late. All those who know God rise up early. They rise up early as a rule to fellowship with Him.

Proverbs 26:14 says, "As the door turneth upon his hinges, so doth the slothful upon his bed." Here it says that a slothful person in bed is like a door that turns upon its hinges. The slothful keeps turning upon his bed; he cannot leave it. He turns to one side on his bed. Then he turns to the other side on his bed. Whichever way he turns, he is still on the bed. Many people cannot part with their bed. They love their bed as they turn from one side to the other. When they turn left, they are on their bed. When they turn right, they are still on their bed. They love to sleep and cannot part with their bed. Many people just want to sleep a little longer; they cannot get out of their bed. If one wants to learn to serve God and be a good Christian, he has to rise up early in the morning every day.

Those who rise up early in the morning reap much spiritual benefit. Their prayers at other times of the day cannot be compared with their prayers in the early morning. Their Bible reading at other times of the day cannot be compared with their reading in the early morning. Their fellowship with the Lord at other times cannot be compared with their fellowship in the early morning. The early morning is the best time of the day. We should spend the best time of the day—the early morning—before the Lord, rather than in other things. Some Christians spend the whole day on other matters and kneel down to read the Bible and pray only at night when they are about to go to sleep. No wonder they are ineffective in their Bible reading, their prayer, and their fellowship with the Lord. They wake up too late in the morning. The moment we believe in the Lord, we should set apart the early morning for fellowshipping with God and for contacting Him.

2005/1/26 8:12Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: EARLY MORNING BEING THE BEST TIME OF THE DAY

Quote:

Some Christians spend the whole day on other matters and kneel down to read the Bible and pray only at night when they are about to go to sleep.

There is nothing wrong with doing your devotions at night before you go to bed either. Granted, I would not suggest one make it a practice of doing it when one is absolutely exhausted, but I would suggest that if one does it at night and wants to do it in the comforts of their bed, then they should head up to their bedroom perhaps an hour or so earlier than normal, so as to make time for their study.

2005/1/26 11:02Profile
Gideons

Virginia

Re:

Pastor David (Wilkerson) generally stays up to 1-2 a.m. and gets up between 8-8:30. He preached a sermon entitled "Why Christians Don't Pray" which is a must hear. I'm not sure it's on SI or not.

Some people are night owls. It's important to give God our best time. I like to have prayer at both ends of the day, although sometimes evening prayer is not what I would prefer.

Are we giving God our best time? Is spending time alone in the secret prayer closet a priority?

Personally I love prayer time early in the morning. It's so quiet that I can intently focus on what He wants me to pray about.

2005/1/26 17:50Profile
Will

Auckland, New Zealand

Re:

"You can be as Spirit-filled as you like, but that's not going to get you out of bed at 4 or 5 in the morning." - Leonard Ravenhill

Ravenhill tended to believe there should be a cost to our devotional time. I tend to believe this also.

Take the example of David when he went to buy the threshing floor in order to worship God, and he refused to have it given to him for free.
"Then King David said to Ornan, "No, but I will surely buy it for the full price, for [b]I will not take what is yours for the LORD, nor offer burnt offerings with that which costs me nothing.[/b]" - 1 Chronicles 21:24

Now of course that doesn’t mean we have to make getting out of bed early, the cost of our worship. But I do feel that the Lord is pleased with us when we do choose to get up early to worship Him.

2005/1/26 23:42Profile
hredii

Fresno CA

Re: 4am???

I just want to share with everybody that I got a new job that start at 7am and I am waking up anywhere between 3 to 5 am. Praise God it is so wounderfull to spend the morning time with the Lord.

2005/6/22 8:06Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy