SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : What is God showing you today?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
jimp

Re:

hi, i have memorized a lot of scripture by singing it to the Lord. if you don't sing well thats okay. write it down and sing it to the Lord.there are many choruses that are all scripture.sing along and you will praise and worship ,have some fun, and memorize all at the same time. len ravenhill gave me a book about a man who memorized the bible...john sung ;short and easy to read.jimp

2012/2/9 22:28Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Wow, thanks to everyone who felt led to share. How awesome it is to read what GOD is doing in your lives. I can honestly share with you that reading through your posts has really encouraged me today. God is truly awesome and HE lives and reigns in our lives daily.

Thanks again really appreciate all of you so much! :)

God Bless
mary

2012/2/9 22:39Profile
timg

Re: What is God showing you today?

He is showing me how little I know Him. How little I fear Him. How little I love Him.
It is intresting that you posted this today. I was just meditating on what it means to "know Him" when I logged on, and your post is the first thing I read.
Grace to all,
Tim

2012/2/9 22:41Profile

Re:

HI Maryjane, thanks for the post. Its nice to have a thread where the focus is on Jesus and how we relate to Him, rather than an issues driven thread........ bro Frank

2012/2/9 23:53
jimp

Re:

hi. another thing that God is telling me: take no thought of tomorrow. i used to spend hours on end times and have friends that have published books on the topic. He showed me that it was a waste of time for me and that i did not have any control over any of it and nothing i was doing could change anything anyway.jimp

2012/2/10 0:54Profile
ET101

Re:

I'm reading through Numbers at the moment and chapter 20 is where the children of Israel arrive at Kadesh and there is no water. They begin to whine (as ever!) against Moses and Aaron; we don't have water! Why did you bring us here? It'd have been better if we hadn't come at all etc etc.

What fascinated me (aside from how many times they whined even after God gave them meat to eat and God publicly rebuked the princes that rose up in rebellion to show He had appointed Aaron and Moses to lead) was that God rebuked Aaron and Moses in chapter 20 for not believing Him!

Of course God brought water out of the rock - that's nothing. What offended God was that Aaron and Moses didn't believe - they didn't have faith. Their lack of faith didn't sanctify Him in the eyes of the children of Israel. So God tells them in verse 12 that they will not be the ones to bring this congregation into the land He has for them.

So in answer to the question: just like others have said too, it is the theme of having faith and trusting God even when circumstances look 'impossible.' The point is there is no such thing - not with God.

Worry stems from unbelief, unbelief stems from underestimating/misunderstanding who God is - that offends Him.

2012/2/10 7:00Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings

I was reading through some of what you shared and realized that I to struggled with thinking about tomorrow as well as the past. Regret has always been a real struggle for me. I have allowed self to get tied up in knots but GOD in HIS mercy has shown me that just as another poster mentioned it all comes back to trusting in HIM and having faith that HE is capable of taking care of all circumstances. I don't have to think/worry about tomorrow because HE has that covered, I don't have to be consumed with guilt about yesterday because HE has that covered too! What an awesome, amazing, merciful, loving GOD we have!!

Several years back a lovely brother in Christ shared this and I have kept it to read through from time to time. It just reminds me of how loving and caring our LORD is :)
No regrets! No second thoughts! No Anxious thoughts. No mid-life crises. No fears of the future. No daydreams of the past. Not duped for a minute by the shifter of shadows. My anchor and Hope ARE in a world that HE CAN’T TOUCH! He can’t get to any of my stuff... It’s not HERE! God has ALL my stuff; and it’s very well protected! And He cannot keep my Dad from giving me anything He wants to give me anytime He wants to give it to me. Try to starve me and He’ll send the ravens to feed me...
And that snake CAN’T take anything from me! Because I’m not holding onto anything....My Father keeps all of my stuff. NONE of my heartstrings or hopes or emotional security lies in the SHADOWLANDS... and that’s the ONLY stuff he can touch. He can only shift the shadows... He cannot disturb anything REAL... UNLESS I let Him through UNBELIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All my hopes, all my trust, all my security, all my peace, all my expectations.... are protected by the host of Heaven and buried deep in the fortress of my Father’s loving heart...
If God is for me...Who can be against me?

2012/2/10 8:06Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy